[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the great debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

the great debate
>>
>>74184874
no debate at all, untrue is a masterpiece and a pivotal album in electronic and dance music
other one is great but that's it 8/10
>>
Immunity by far, but it's not very purposeful to argue about which album is better when they come from two completely different genres.
>>
>>74184874
there's no debate you chartfags are really autistic
>>
>>74184886
>>74184895

they might technically be in different genres, but both are very nuanced, emotional electronic albums and have a very similar feel. Immunity was heavily influenced by Untrue but in some ways surpasses it, which is why the debate is valid
>>
Both are massively overrated. Dance music for people that don't like dance music. Not saying they're shit, just overrated and there's way better stuff out there. Fight me
>>
>>74185004
what's better then

I bet you're going to say james holden or andy stott
>>
Next up, Jose Feliciano vs James Hetfield because they both play geetah!
>>
>>74185031
Actually yeah James Holden's great lol. I find Andy Stott really boring though

In terms of similar stuff to OP, I reckon this 12" shits on anything Burial has made by himself
https://www.discogs.com/Burial-Four-Tet-Moth-Wolf-Cub/master/392839

In terms of dance music generally, off the top of my head:
daniel avery drone logic
vakula youve never been to konotop
decade ilian tape
either of the kettenkarussel LPs
>>
>>74185108
just because you have a vague idea of the underground doesn't mean you can shit on the more popular stuff.
grow up please.
>>
>>74185108

These are all great records, and so are both of the ones in op.

I believe 99% of the people who go around and say "(x)music for people that don't like (x)music" are big fat faggots who are full of themselves.
>>
>>74185121
>>74185147
I'm not denying they're good albumst they both have some really good tracks. I just don't like nobs like OP who tout them as the greatest thing ever and untouchable
>>
>>74185176

Then maybe be a bit more helpful from the get go rather than showing off that you are superior because you've been reading some Resident Advisor
>>
>>74185176
fuck off, when did I ever say they were the greatest thing ever? granted I do think they're incredible, but it's more because they're some of the most circlejerked electronic albums on /mu/ besides anything else
>>
>>74185147
Hes right though people just create an idea that certain artists are the pinnacle of whatever genre they pertain. People like OP are just autists that need some measuring tool. There the kind of autists that sit and make 100s of shitty reviews that nobody is going to read bitching how it isn't the next Burial.

I hate when idiots have no clue about Hip Hop to sound like they know what they are talking about will mention MF Doom and Tribe. Like that's all Hip Hop is all summed up to be.

Seriously kill yourself OP, you fat fucking shit stain.
>>
>>74185212
Well when you post a picture of them side by side, with the words the great debate that's kind of what you seem to be implying? (That one of them is anyway)

Sorry if I got the wrong idea you tool
>>
>>74185277

What implied is that there are similarities and a bunch of discussion surrounding them, not that they are the be all end all of electronic dance albums

you dense or what
>>
None of them
If I had to chose then Machinedrum - Vapor City for the best of both
>>
how are these records similar at all?
jesus, sometimes I forget how bad any discussion outside of /bleep/ is
>>
>>74185789
>how are these records similar at all?
they are the two electronic records OP knows LMAO
>>
>>74184885
fpbp
>>
the hopkins album is very pedestrian, probably two good tracks and that's all
>>
>>74185843
Same, every track other than Open Eye Signal and Collider is a bit shit
That Karenn remix of Collider is massive though
>>
>>74185004
dance music and pop music are my main genres and i love immunity to death.

>>74185108
>drone logic
not good
>>
File: Ben-UFO_Hyp.jpg (214KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
Ben-UFO_Hyp.jpg
214KB, 1000x665px
>/mu/ discussing p4k electronic
>>
>>74186433
>posts RYM electronic
>>
>>74186452
>implying rym electronic exists
>>
>>74186326
>That Karenn remix of Collider is massive though
+1
best thing Hopkins was ever involved in
>>
>>74186452
???????
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>74186326
>every other track other than Open Eye Signal and Collider is a bit shit
>>
>>74186433
whos this nerd
>>
>>74185004
how the fuck are you supposed to dance to uh i dunno, Endorphin ?
>>
>>74184874
>comparing apples to oranges
>great debate
??????
>>
>>74186592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG7iRMLbZBc
>>
>>74186471
>that few ratings for Ben UFO
Why do people take RYM seriously again?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.