[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schaeffer > Cage > Stockhausen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: MI0003300776.jpg (34KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003300776.jpg
34KB, 400x372px
Schaeffer > Cage > Stockhausen
>>
>>74184795
No. Let's be glad all of them made music.
>>
>>74184795
How can you even compare them? They have absolutely nothing in common. Cage and Stockhausen were even the direct opposites of each other.
>>
Stockhausen> Cage > Schaeffer
>>
>>74185233
Pretty much this
>>
>>74185233
>>74185403
Stockhausen is the Queen of electronic
>>
>>74185413
And may her name be hallowed
>>
Schoenberg>
>>
Stockhausen > Schaeffer > Cage

Overall I'd say that Schaeffer was the most even stylistically, since he mostly did really good work in musique concrete. I prefer Stockhausen's electronic work over his other stuff (like his orchestral works), while Cage didn't make much stuff that I really enjoyed.
>>
File: a1744223449_10.jpg (205KB, 975x975px) Image search: [Google]
a1744223449_10.jpg
205KB, 975x975px
Ferrari >
>>
>>74185233
>>74185445
Most correct posts.
>>
>>74185464
>Stockhausen's electronic work over his other stuff (like his orchestral works)

Why? His electronic work didn't age particularly well, unlike his other stuff
>>
>>74187339
I think his electronic stuff has aged great, especially Gesang der Jünglinge. I first listened to that in 2011 and it still sounds fresh to me.
>>
>>74184795
>I only know three (3) composers, which I learned from RYM
>>
Stockhausen > Cage > Schaeffer

Schaeffer was a pioneer but his works don't stand the test of time, they sound cheap and chintzy.

Stockhausen made electronic music into an artform and Cage made it into a free-er form (and inspired Stockhausen's 60's period).
>>
>>74184795
>EDM
>good
fuck off plebs
>>
>>74185205
I think Schaeffer's ideas were better but he wasn't a notable composer in particular. All the other GRM composers ended up making better music.

>>74187439
>Schaeffer was a pioneer but his works don't stand the test of time, they sound cheap and chintzy.
listen to Bayle and Parmegiani
>>
Schaeffer > Stockhausen > Cage as far as music goes

Cage > Stockhausen > Schaeffer as far as thinkership goes

>>74187439
Schaeffer still sounds like cool lo-fi hauntologist muzak
Stockhausen is just lol look mom how abstract I am bleep-bloops
>>
Sticky is babbies first electronic composer
>>
Anyone who thinks Stockhausen is below either of the other two strictly in the realm of electronic music probably only listens to this stuff for the gimmick value rather than paying attention to the details in the music itself. Stockhausen has done, by a considerably large margin, the most detailed work in the early electronic realm.
>>
File: 152.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
152.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
stockhausen >> schaeffer > cage

>>74190397
this
>>
>>74190397
Yeah but his problem is that he was concerned with making it and arranging it rather than the experience of listening to it. Much of the meticulous attention to detail isn't apparent through listening alone. The effort was kind of wasted if you're considering the final product by itself. Schaeffer's empirical approach was ultimately more forward thinking.
>>
File: 113.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>mfw fucking pierre henry died 3 weeks ago and i'm just finding this out today
>>
>>74190717
This is blatantly untrue. It's hard as shit to pick on everything in one listen, that's true, but that's more a result of the music being insanely dense. A person can hear that in Kontakte that the music is constantly moving around, that the sounds' various aspects is changing, that there's a sorta build-up type aspect happening musically in the first few minutes of it, etc.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.