[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do certain albums get panned before they even come out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Everything_Now_Arcade_Fire.jpg (117KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Everything_Now_Arcade_Fire.jpg
117KB, 320x320px
Why do certain albums get panned before they even come out?
>>
>>74180456
The singles released are usually demonstrative of the overall quality of the album.
>>
It leaked a while ago.
>>
>>74180456
Idk man, I thought this shit was GREAT

And that's coming from a person that always thought AF sounded like they're trying too hard
>>
>>74180456
Honestly I think everybody wanted Everything Now to fail. It was an entertaining narrative, formerly world renowned indie rock band finally over the hill, releasing highly derivative Pop Rock TM alongside a widely panned and pretty obnoxious (not to mention derivative) marketing campaign. It fits in with the "2000s indie rock is dead and buried" narrative that's real hip and trendy these days. People want something new, a new band to dickride, and Arcade Fire at this point is old hat.

Not to say that the album is a masterpiece or something, it's very middle of the road all around, but even when the 5 second instagram of the band rehearsing a song (that turned out to be Signs of Life) came out, before we even knew what the fucking album was going to be called, people were already calling it a flop. Hell Fantano's probably reading a 20 minute NOT GOOD teardown as we speak. In other words, it's not great, but let's be real here it never stood a fucking chance in the first place.
>>
>>74181130
glad to hear that a plebbitor who started with reflektor finally enjoyed an arcade fire album now that they've stopped trying. just one more band that r/indieheads is going to embarrassingly shill a decade+ after their prime
>>
>>74181224
No, it was just plain shit.
>>
>>74181260
Lol okay

Actually started with Neon Bible when that came out, which had its cool parts. But then Reflektor I never cared for.
If anything, I'm a Daft Punk fag, so the fact that Thomas gave the go-ahead executively made me more accepting

For what it's worth, I think the worst songs are at the beginning and the end: the title track, Signs of Life, Put Your Money On Me, and We Don't Deserve Love
>>
>>74181373
>Put Your Money On Me, and We Don't Deserve Love
>worst

Best be joking
>>
its a decent album. like a 6/10 at worst
>>
>>74181224
Why on earth would anybody who liked their first two or three albums NOT want them be good again?
>>
>>74181282
>>74181925

Don't get me wrong, the album wasn't really all that great, and it downright sucked compared to everything else they've done (even Reflektor, somehow), but when an album is getting shit before it's even fucking finished you start to realize that people really do see what they want to see.

It's a lot like how Moon Shaped Pool was super hyped up, very well received and.. then generally forgotten afterwards despite generally ranking as either the third or fourth best Radiohead album in most people's books. Hell even Will "The Second Coming of Jesus" Toledo and Father "I'm a douchey hipster but ironic plz love me" John Misty got super hyped for a time being, then dropped, hard.

Yet we're inexplicably still hearing and talking about how Atrocity Exhibition "revolutionized" the rap game... somehow. And every album I mentioned is good-great tier, but I think you'd have to be blind to ignore that in the eyes of the general public, 2000s indie rock is dead, and most people are trying to do what they can to keep things that way until something new comes along.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.