[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody truly hate Outkast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 142543534.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
142543534.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
Even for being hip hop artists, they're instantly recognisable and respected. They're probably undisputed best Southern hip hop artist of all time, they've released 4 classics. They're humble, accessible (in a good way). I understand that they went in a poppy direction, but they still made Hey Ya!, Roses, Unhappy, A Life in the Day of Benjamin André, etc... My dad hates rap, but even he loves Hey Ya! Andre 3000 is a legend and still is insane to this day.

Does anybody really hate Outkast?
>>
I do
>>
>>74180263
I only like love below so I guess
>>
>>74180263

good god yeah, he's awful
>>
>>74180263
love below is great.
>>
>>74180263
related side topic -- Boomiverse is so fucking fun. i love being a dude in his mid 30's that can listen to dad-rap without losing any coolness because it's all gone now anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekqCcVadgMw
>>
>>74180943
I fucking love big boi
>>
File: outkast.png (643KB, 848x476px) Image search: [Google]
outkast.png
643KB, 848x476px
>>74180263
I used to be the stereotypical "rap is crap" type of person, and even then I had a soft spot for Outkast.
>>
I don't HATE them, but I don't like them even a little.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvF03ISh3W8
>>
>>74180263
I like hey ya and I am a person who absolute hates hip hop and rap and thinks it is complete trash. So I would say you are right anon
>>
No one hates OutKast, and no one hates Andre 3000.

That being said, if you do hate either, go ahead and kill yourself
>>
>>74180263
I have very mixed feelings on Outkast. I love them because musically they're unconventional in hip-hop, but lyrically it's mostly hood nigga shit.

The Love Below is one of my favorite albums. Andre 3000 needs drop another project.
>>
I first listened Aquemini today and didn't get it at all. The production really bores me. What am I missing?
>>
>>74181517
good music taste

nah but fr give it another shot, but pay attention to the lyrics a little and/or just try to vibe with it. Aquemini is a relatively accessible record but the production is pretty different from East/West Coast production and is just weird enough that it may need another listen or two to sink in.
>>
>>74181502
Found the man who skims through their music.

OutKast is known for being one of the few great hip-hop acts who weren't about all that hood nigga shit all the time.
>>
>>74180263
I don't hate them but I really don't like listening to them. Myintrotoletyouknow, Player's Ball, and Roses are pretty much the only songs by them I listen to
>>
>>74181640
i've been listening to a lot of abstract and experimental (a lot of anticon stuff) so it's more that the beats aren't weird enough

like, Art of Storytelling pt. 1 is an all-time great beat, but unfortunately I'd already listened to that one when I was younger (and the J. Cole rip-off).
>>
>>74181660
I listen to ATLiens and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik.
>>
>>74181773
listened*
>>
>>74181749
Some songs like Art of Storytellin 1 and Skew It On the Bar-B have beats that are really in your face and banging, but a lot of beats (Aquemini, Liberation, Return of the G) aren't really supposed to pop like that and are really just there to supplement 3k/big boi's flow and lyrics, which are really on point especially in the 3 tracks I mentioned. So maybe if you keep the lyrics in mind more and just vibe with their flow, you'll come to like it?

Worst case scenario, you find out after a few listens that this album just ain't for you.
>>
>>74181773
Give Aquemini a shot. They really only had one gangsta track (West Savannah) which was recorded from the Southernplayalistic days. The rest is about stuff like their bond as a group, them addressing their deviation from gangsta rap, future technology, and being dope.

Funny how you listened to ATLiens and got the gangsta vibe, I didn't get that at all.
>>
>>74180263
Probably that most solid hip hop group ever. Though Idlewild is pretty meh.
>>
>>74181865
I only listened to it once so maybe I'm retarded. Listening to Aquemini now, how's Idlewild?
>>
>>74181517
>production really bores me
How can Spottieottiedopalicious bore anyone?
>>
>>74182023
Never actually listened to Idlewild, but from what I hear it...doesn't really compare to their past records. Apparently Hollywood Divorce and a few other tracks are pretty great, so give that a shot if you end up liking Outkast and pull what you like from it.
>>
>>74180263
Outside of a few people in /pol/, nah. They did piss people off when Southernplayalistic won it's Source award though because of their region
>>
>>74182833
Why would /pol/ hate Outkast? Big Boi is a libertarian AFAIK, unless you're talking about the white nationalism LARPers.
>>
>>74183974
There's the threads where people ironically hate all black people music, but then there's always the one dude that is serious
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.