/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sends personal emails to streaming services demanding they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: robert_fripp.jpg (156KB, 573x547px) Image search: [Google]
robert_fripp.jpg
156KB, 573x547px
>sends personal emails to streaming services demanding they remove King Crimson songs
>says he hates the guitar and finds it a boring instrument
>insists on sitting on a stool during concerts and gets offended when people ask him why he doesn't stand like everyone else
>hates light shows, special effects, or anything else distracting the audience from himself sitting on a stool
>will walk off the stage mid-song if he sees someone pointing a camera at him
>has gone on record gloating about confiscating cameras at his shows
>in 1974, right when King Crimson was poised to become bigger than Pink Floyd, announced that he hated touring and that the band was breaking up forever
>“When I read interviews with old King Crimson bandmates, they suggest that the difficulty lies with me,” he offers in his West Country lilt. “And I agree with that."

Is it autism?
>>
>gets crimson songs removed from streaming services

So hes the asshole doing this. He can rot in hell tbqh.
>>
>>74167072
Someone should print this and send it to him
>>
>>74167131
>he ends up writing a letter to TPB
>>
>>74167026
>>sends personal emails to streaming services demanding they remove King Crimson songs
Take it up with your label, asshole, they're the ones who own the recordings, not you. Don't like it? Should have self-distributed.
>>
sounds like someone heavily invested in the art of music

I see no issue with this
>>
Robert Fripp looks like a child molester.
>>
File: 1497162322028.jpg (18KB, 325x299px) Image search: [Google]
1497162322028.jpg
18KB, 325x299px
>>74167131
>>
>>74167636
imagine believing this
>>
>>74167072
Yeah he deserves to rot in hell because entitled crybabies like you are upset.
>>
You know your social media website is worthless degeneracy when any amount of free thought is brushed off with some retarded Orwellian label like "autism". You whiny idiots are the worst, if I was an artist I would confiscate your cameras too, bitch.

You entitled whiners deserve nothing but contempt.

>>74167746
I'm sure a weak minded fool like you is unable to imagine other peoples' perspectives without getting triggered...talk about autism!
>>
>>74167072
>implying poor people deserve to be happy
imagine thinking streaming music is actually a viable way to entertain yourself
like yes good boy continue basically stealing the music while big corporation makes 99.9% of the profit and leaves the artist with nothing
>>
>>74167839
>calls other entitled whiners
>while defending a stupid cunt who sold his recordings to a major label and then got pissed off when they ended up on streaming services
mysides.exe
>>
>>74167839
calm down Robert, you're gonna have a stroke
>>
>>74167844
>implying this isn't the same for any method of distributing recorded music
Are you retards literally like 12? You never got curious about the labels you buy your music from to even bother looking at Wikipedia to see how they work?
>>
>>74167884
>he buys from major labels
even if you had a valid point (you don't) that alone makes you an idiot
>>
The Illuminati will kill him like they did Prince, then all his music will be free to stream online anywhere.
>>
>>74167899
How do you acquire music?
>>
>>74167844
>like yes good boy continue basically stealing the music while big corporation makes 99.9% of the profit and leaves the artist with nothing

he said, with probably a hard drive full of downloaded music.
>>
File: King Crimson.jpg (686KB, 1650x660px) Image search: [Google]
King Crimson.jpg
686KB, 1650x660px
>>
>>74167131
Source
>>
>>74167899
You understand that the labels own the actual recordings, and even when they don't, they do all the distribution, right kiddo? Regardless of format, or which "indie" imprint you've bought from, you've paid a major label for the privilege.

Oh, and by the way, the "indie" labels? They take just as much as the major labels. The artists actually gets jacked twice on those deals usually, because the "indie" label pays a larger label for distribution, and it comes out of the artist's end.
>>
>>74168004
What? Please tell me you're not actually serious.
>>
>>74168004
Nice try, Robert
>>
>>74167026
This madman hated guitar too and never really wanted to play guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_HfyUpsx1o
>>
>>74168019
That's why you should only listen to self-released albums. Avoid labels all together.
>>
>>74167650
YOU ARE BEWITCHED
>>
>>74168123
Not him, but I would like to provide a source for it:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/steve_vai_the_simple_advice_frank_zappa_gave_me_that_saved_me_millions_of_dollars.html
>>
>>74167798
That was obviously exaggerated. I dont want him to ACTUALLY rot in hell. Its like saying "go to hell", you dont actually mean it
>>
>>74168004
You're an idiot. Kek.
>>
>>74167839
Hi rob
>>
I love you Robert
>>
File: 533110642.jpg (163KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
533110642.jpg
163KB, 594x594px
*Fripp's fedora*
>>
>>74167629
>Take it up with your label, asshole, they're the ones who own the recordings, not you. Don't like it? Should have self-distributed.
He owns his label, you retarded mouth breather.
>>
>>74167844
>implying that artists make more than 5% from each physical sale
kys you ignorant cunt
>>
the real problem is he's a failed real artist who had to settle for being one of the great progressive rock artists (which in comparison is like being the tallest dwarf). he then took out this frustration on his visibly slack-jawed and stupid rock fanbase
>>
>>74168141
kek
>>
Robert Fripp is cute! CUTE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64VGyoIyBgc
>>
Great thread guys. Can we play a game where we show our legally purchased copies of my-I mean King Crimson's albums? Just for fun.
>>
>>74167629
Not knowing what Discipline Global Mobile is all about. Fripp owns all the rights to KC's music and legacy. You have to kind of admire the guy for his dogged determination to glean every bottom dollar from his art.
>>
>>74167798
>entitled
>"hey, let me pay for you music in some legitimate capacity instead of pirating it like everyone else is doing nowadays"
>"no"

you're incredibly stupid
>>
>>74168004
thepiratebay
>>
>>74167026
>in 1974, right when King Crimson was poised to become bigger than Pink Floyd

They already released Meddle and Dark Side at that point, the fuck are you on?
>>
>>74167026
hes a kunt and not a good guitar player

hes the pitchfork version of van hallen
>>
Buncha butthurt poorfags ITT
>>
The current incarnation of KC is coming to a city near me in November, should I go?
>>
>>74172115
yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhKJgqxNDD8
>>
>>74172115
>The current incarnation of KC
no
>>
>>
>>74172138
Do you think Tony Levin ever accidentally falls asleep playing pre-Discipline songs?
>>
>>74172115
You talking about Milwaukee? Thinking of going with a few friends, pretty excited.
>>
>>74172146
I dunno I mean it's not like as cool but Rob's still there and the other guys playing with him should at least be competent

>>74172172
Nah this one's in Allentown PA
>>
>>74172115
yes. saw their chicago show last month and it was absolutely fucking mind blowing. fripp sounds as good as ever and the band was unreal. one of the best shows ive ever seen without a doubt
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.