[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a band ever done the opposite of selling out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: images (10).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
What I mean by this is
Has a group ever made really accessable music to get money and then they become more and more expieremental/inaccessible because they're actually doing what they want now that they have money.
>>
the beatles duh
>>
The Beatles did just that. The Who did that too.
>>
Talk Talk
>>
The Strokes.
>>
Radiohead started being really pop rock
>>
Danny Brown maybe
>>
>>74159064
Talk Talk
Scott Walker
>>
>>74159064
weezer did for one album, but then they sold out
>>
>>74159064
nirvana did it kinda with nevermind and in utero
>>
>>74159109
>>74159473
came here to say this.
>>
>>74159086
>>74159109
>>74159242
>>
Pavement were on the brink of hitting it big, then dropped wowee zowee, so kinda them
>>
>>74159064
Bowie with the Berlin Trilogy
>>
>>74159064
Death Grips
>>
MGMT
>>
>>74159616
point
>>
>>74159616
That was more of a 'return to roots' album IMO. Kurt was dissatisfied with many things about Nevermind - he thought it ended up a bit too poppy and over-produced.
>>
>>74159616
hahaha

On the real though, Ministry.
>>
>>74159942
Dude FUCK ministry worst band ever
>>
Katy Perry
>>
>>74159928
>Kurt was dissatisfied with many things about Nevermind
nah, he loved it.
>>
bieber
>>
Death Grips sell out and un-sell out every other album
>>
>>74159991
As a whole, yes, but there were things about it that ended up less than desirable for him.
>>
>>74159971
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>74159064
This happened a lot with 60's pop bands. The Beatles, The Who, The Beach Boys, even The Kinks and The Monkees to an extent.
Scott Walker also got popular in the 60s but went much farther in the weird direction than any of those bands and remained relevant for much longer.
>>
File: chance-sxsw.jpg (65KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
chance-sxsw.jpg
65KB, 650x433px
>>74159064
he's really been giving back a lot to his fans and Chicago since he's blown up, its cool
>>
>>74159395
He has always had a mix of pop and underground music. I guess old is much more accessible then AE but XXX is also less accessible than Old.
>>
Fugazi
>>
Vanilla Ice did in the mid-90s. Dude actually grew up pretty poor but ofc he completely sold out. Dude got dreads and started putting out hardcore rap for like a year, then he tried to kill himself and ran away from the spotlight afterwards.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.