[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>some boys hate themselves, spend their lives resenting their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (145KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 1000x1000px
>some boys hate themselves, spend their lives resenting their fathers
>some girls hate their bodies, stand in the mirror and wait for the feedback
>saying "God made me famous, if you can't, just make it painless."

Damn. I don't wanna sound like too much of a faggot but Arcade Fire has always done really well at giving a voice to the feelings of our generation. This record has grown on me a lot. What do you guys think about it ?
>>
>>74157184
It's an embarassment
>>
I like the lyrics of the album a lot. I just hate the music.
>>
>>74157210
Really? I find the instrumentation to be excellent throughout, particularly Good God Damn, Put your Money on Me, Electric Blue. I love how bouncy and rythmic it all is.
>>
>>74157210
I haven't bothered yet, is it just more Reflector?
Their first 2 and a half albums had a primal energy they seem to lost in success.
>>
>>74157210
I'm here to ask the same question as >>74157285. I'm alright with the lyrics I've heard in the singles, I just find the production to be soulless disco.
>>
>>74157306
How about you listen to the album then come back and talk about it ?..
>>
>>74157306
The last three tracks are more synthpop/indie and are great tracks
>>
>>74157184
>don't wanna sound like too much of a faggot but Arcade Fire has always done really well at giving a voice to the feelings of our generation.
cringe
>>
wait, did it leak?
anyone has a link?
>>
>>74157210
That's a genuinely unique opinion. Most people seem to really like AF's instrumentation (I love it), but think the lyrics on EN are really weak (they are, with a few exceptions).
>>
>>74157999
There was a vinyl rip with crackling and blown out bass, I'd just three days for a proper version...

...unless there's a CD rip now that I missed. Is there?
>>
>>74157980
thank you for your thoughtful contribution; this is why I come to /mu/
>>
>>74158127
I'm in this boat. I will say though that the lyrics really grew on me. OP lyrics for instance
>>
>>74158154
>passive aggressive reply
yikes. daddy didn't spank you enough?
>>
>>74158166
Yeah, I actually really like the lyrics on Creature Comfort. But they're garbage on Chemistry, Infinite Content, etc.
Oh, and I also like the Everything Now lyrics.
>>
>>74158203
Yes Chemistry is easily the worst song on the album but I won't skip it. Infinite content should be bad because the lyrics are a little too blunt and kinda cringey but I find it oddly charming especially the second part of the song where it gets slow it reminds of a cut from the Suburbs sessions. This band can't really do any wrong by me I'll just be honest. I'm giving this album 8.5/10

Also does anyone else think Win sounds like Kevin Parker at the beginning of PYMOM
>>
regine is a bad singer
>>
Funeral- growing up in the suburbs, loss of innocence, high school graduation/saying goodbye to your friends
Neon bible- moving to the city, going to school graduating and getting a job, meeting new friends
The suburbs- getting married and moving back to the suburbs to have a family, nostalgia, focus on work , no time for play

I always saw these as a sequel. So reflektor and everything now factor in or are they just more generally continuing the "fuck modernity" theme?
>>
>INFINITE CONTENT
>INFINITE CONTENT
>WE'RE INFINITELY CONTENT
Jesus Christ this is just embarrassing.

AF have been declining ever since We Used To Wait:
>WAAAAAAAAH PEOPLE DON'T WRITE LETTERS ANYMORE
But that was at least excusable because the instrumentals were great and so was the rest of The Suburbs. Now fucking look at them.
>>
>>74157184
I don't get these lyrics
>>
>>74158382
Yeah, when it slows down on Infinite_Content, the duo goes from pretty mediocre to pretty great. They work really well together. Lyrics are still awful, though.

>>74158552
She's pretty good sometimes. I was particularly impressed with her performance of Sprawl II at the Milano Summer Festival.
Here's part of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KZP8Gx4hHA
>>
Put Your Money On Me is literally the only good song
>>
regine is also ugly as fuck

literally dog face
>>
>>74158883
I love the way she sings "Black river, your city lights shine"

>>74158927
Everything Now, Creature Comfort, Peter Pan, Infinite_Content, Electric Blue, Put Your Money on Me, and We Don't Deserve Love are all good songs
>>
>>74158965
Her pussy game probably 11/10 in bed tho ngl
>>
>>74159022
imagine to be her pusy slave !
>>
>>74158563
that's pretty interesting. I've always viewed The Suburbs from a kid's perspective, growing up in a neighborhood - similar to Funeral. Maybe The Suburbs short film is just clouding my judgement tho
>>
>>74160005
For me, Modern Man is the thesis of that album
>>
>>74158176
God, what the fuck are you
>>
>>74160370
I see that. I kinda viewed that song to be about a parent, how they're stuck in this neighborhood going round and round, nowhere - or at least that's how the kids see them
>>
>>74161320
I mean it could be about a lot of things. I always just the suburbs as a more mature funeral
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.