[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RDJA > Drukqs > SAW II > Syro =>= SAW 85 - 92 > ICBUD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3481.jpg (174KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3481.jpg
174KB, 750x600px
RDJA > Drukqs > SAW II > Syro =>= SAW 85 - 92 > ICBUD
>>
>>74154943
all of them are equally good
>>
I actually figured out Aphex Twin's method.
>Take loop
>Run each drum through a different fx channel and then put in a bus
>Create a fill
>If it sounds passable use it
>Next bar
>Continue to do different fills
>Add and drop different effects at random times
>Add different drum loops
>Rinse and repeat
>Add synth on top of everything
>If you're feeling especially crazy have an acid synth do weird appregio sequences

Basically instead of being meticulous, just be creative and "random", for lack of a better word. His music isn't autistically planned like he wants you to believe, he just goes bar to bar and keeps anything that even remotely sticks. He also says he has had the computer do a lot of the work, so if you have a glitch plugin add that to the drum bus and any other channel for the matter and drop that in and out at random times and you have a decent attempt at RDJ's music.
>>
>>74155059
what's wrong with that tho it's fucking nice to listen to
>>
I agree with you that ICBYD is his weakest. I love him to death but never saw the appeal, other than a few tracks. I mean, it's good, just not great like the rest of his work.
>>
>>74155059
the drums were never even his strong suit. richie is good at making really simple music that's still compelling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeLuQ6X2ixI
>>
>>74155081
Nothing wrong with it. I'm talking about the image. That's kind of the genius aspect of RDJ's music and other "IDM" labeled artists. Their music sounds ridiculously complex and IT IS but not nearly as difficult as it seems. I didn't realize that until recently.
>>
>>74155059
To be fair what really makes Aphex Twin's music isn't his drums or anything, it's more his great sense of melody and harmony. Biggest example I can think of is the opening track to RDJA where it's essentially just the interplay between the synths and the violin that really give the song its sound, even though the first thing you notice are the drums and their snare breaks.
>>
>>74155059
For like almost every he has done yeah. But with like, Syro, that entire album is made entirely through analog rather than digital, so more meticulous processes are involved. There's obviously nothing wrong with taking advantage of what digital brings to the table to make this stuff easy though, ffs at one point A Rainbow In Curved Air used to be meticulous but now anyone can easily loop arpeggios to make something like it.
>>
>>74155203
what he does is still very labour intensive tho, time consuming, probably more than most music desu
>>
RDJ Album sounds very dated desu
>>
>>74155059
afx confirmed hack
>>
>>74154943
FUNNY IMAGE KEK
FUN FUN FUN
ELECTRONIC MUSIC XD
>>
>>74154943
w2c
>>
>>74155288
Why RDJ of all albums? I feel it's his least dated because of how well he treats the percussion on the majority of the record.
>>
>>74155265
absolutely
>>74155234
agreed
>>74155236
Yeah, it would be definitely harder to pull off back in the day but it was definitely possible.
>>74155179
Honestly love both aspects
>>
>>74155378
The sampling and production just has this quintessential "summer in the 90s" sound to it, that really syrupy and plastic production.
>>
>>74156091
Not sure how this counts for say...Cornish Acid which doesn't have a feel like that at all.
>>
File: Reaction176.jpg (181KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction176.jpg
181KB, 363x321px
Aren't all his albums (as Aphex Twin, at least) made by analog except Syro? Or have I been fed some misinformation?
>>
File: Syro Gear List.jpg (81KB, 935x813px) Image search: [Google]
Syro Gear List.jpg
81KB, 935x813px
>>74156635
It's literally the other way around. This is what one of the CD panels looks like for Syro.
>>
>>74156635
He's gone back and forth. Earlier on he used more software and did a lot more stuff in Max/MSP. More recently he's done a lot of analog & modular stuff
>>
>>74156766
o shit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.