[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/LoG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3540.jpg (204KB, 1477x1134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3540.jpg
204KB, 1477x1134px
Listening oils General

Discuss oils, application and techniques. Pebblefags and Treefags not welcome.

I recently bought a vat of Grenouille Oil for half price, but I don't like the sound curve I get from it. Do you guys have any other uses for it besides standard application and warmth of ears?
>>
>>74154056
what application method have you been using with that one?
>>
Is this a meme? Are you oiling your ears up?
>>
>>74154075
Standard rub'n'frub. Why?
>>
>>74154088
t. normie

If you don't use listening oils get out. Your simplistic view of our culture and the benefits it brings adds nothing to the general
>>
>>74154092
Nothing much, just trying to figure out what the fuck this is all about.
>>
>>74154092
I was pretty confused until you said rub n frub

nice meme tho anon you almost had me
>>
Almost forgot. Most generals link to previous threads right?

>>74135873 I guess
>>
>>74154162
Listening oils aren't a meme. Give wook oak oil a try for 1 (one) week and you'll hear a big difference.
>>
>>74154135
What the fuck what is all about? Listening oils are pretty simple to understand but I'll give you a better explanation if you want.
>>
>>74154347
Please enlighten me, this should be fun
>>
>>74154120
People who buy into this are literal retards.
>>
Is this a meme like wearing ear plugs to a concert?
>>
>>74154367
Listening oils are basically a type of chemical extract that are normally taken from plants and trees, but can really be sourced from anywhere (or manufactured, but there are plenty of detractors for non organic oils). Anyway, listening oils are used in a number of ways to increase enjoyment and appreciation of music.

Firstly, they can be applied to the pinna of the ear, which helps to make more blood flow, and attuned the outer pinna to refract more wavelengths into the inner ear, and to direct them better.

Secondly oils are used to help reduce buildup of wax and other chemical displays in the inner ear, which helps to improve audial capacity within the ear.

Thirdly the more expensive (or rather the higher quality oils, lots are overpriced) oils are able to help rebuild the hairs wink the cochlea to improve sensitivity to higher frequencies. Some oils are able to allow listeners to hear metawaves and apexwaves as well.

No doubt pebbleposters will try to hijack this thread because they think their rocks are better for audio-capacity improvement than oils are. Just ignore them they're bullshitting you.
>>
>>74154455
No
>>
>>74154767
Yes it is.
>>
>>74154784
Fuck off. What do you use for audio-capacity enhancement then?
>>
>>74154897
You don't need need anything but good speakers/headphones.
>>
>>74154938
Lol pleb
>>
did you check out that placebate oil that someone recommended the other day?
>>
>>74155075
I'm actually anon that recommended it. It's great but doesn't lend itself to repetitive use. Im limiting
myself to once a month from now on.
>>
>>74155064
I'm sorry you bought into bullshit.
>>
>>74155512
It's not bullshit if it actually works.
>>
Let's get some actual oil discussion going rather than just mudslinging

What do you guys think of honey-pressant oil? Is it as useful as the critics say?
>>
>>74155596
It doesn't. Just read this>>74154510 and tell me it's not pseudo-scientific trash. Any improvement you think you experience is a placebo.
>>
>>74155799
HI let's keep it to discussion of oils for now. We already know they work so you don't need to argue that
>>
how does /log/ feel about fingerboxes?
>>
>>74154455

>not wearing earplugs because of peer pressure and teen angst

Great way to lose your hearing
>>
>>74156361
They're ok but we're discussing listening oils. What do you use? What genres of oil to you use as well?
>>
>>74156506
I prefer machina dynamica oils, they're pricy but more than worth it
>>
>>74157100
What genre of oil are they?
>>
File: 77b.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
77b.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>74154056
>>74154088

Holy Kek please tell me this is real.
>>
>>74154088
JEEZ DAD WHY DO YOU CARE?
>>
>>74157313
Of course it's real who would make up the idea that people use oils to warm and free their ears up to listen to music better
>>
Can't get my Listening Tree to grow, what oils can help it?
>>
>>74157466
Don't you fucking dare use precious oils on your shitty "legacy" tree.

If you have to use oils get the cheapest you can. There's a bunch of propaganda saying oils are good for LisTrees but desu they're nothing but expensive manure for in that context.
>>
>>74157466
it's best to fill several sounding rods with oil and place them at the bass of roots.
>>
>>74157633
I can accept why some people would want to grow a listening tee but I've never understood you rodders
>>
my dog raided my oil safe and drank some Listening oils, he seems really odd now and appreciates AMSP. is this normal?
[spoiler] (pic relevant, his name is Merlin) [/spoiler]
>>
what happens if you boof listening oil? will you open your third ear?
>>
>>74158156
don't be stupid, this is just musically tuned oil not voodoo magic even with a good boof
>>
>>74158156
Don't do it anon
>>74158137
I've heard of people's music taste getting better in quality with prolonged use of oils so it's probably related to that. I wouldn't worry about Merlin. He's cute by the way.
>>
File: 1500944567847.jpg (13KB, 313x305px) Image search: [Google]
1500944567847.jpg
13KB, 313x305px
woAh
>>
>>74158198
Nice find anon. Where did you pick those grones up?

They look pretty high quality, compared to the shitty grones I find in my local record stores. They barely soak up any oil and if they do they don't release it over time like they're supposed to.
>>
>>74158314
just the local vibration store, they were on sale so I gave them a go and have never looked back. I haven't had problems with a kinda greasy sound I normally get with my oils
>>
>>74158137
>radiohead
his taste got worse senpai....
maybe counteract it by quarantining him with some onkyo and 1st wave totalism.
>>
>>74158466
I'm so fucking envious. I've been waiting for a vibration store to crop up but it seems not enough people are willing to pay big money to enjoy their music 10 time more.

I'm oiling up as we speak
>>
>>74158279
What?
>>
>>74157305
avant-crunk
>>
>>74157633
>sounding rods

please think before you meme
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urethral_sounding
>>
Anyone else just use valve oil? It's so convenient, just squirt some in and I'm primo
>>
>>74159500
Thanks I was close to buying a few. Glad we have a level headed person on this board or something crazy just might happen and we wouldn't want a non dull moment on /mu/.
>>
I only use high quality Himalayan harvested Audiograin™ hyperspectral grain blends when listening to my 24/96 lossless tunes. Boil them into a slurry and administer rectally three times daily (before a meal is best) and put on your favorite pair of headphones (open air only-- 80 ohms impedance minimum!! Can't stress this enough). Then lay back and let the music do the rest.

Harsh noise wall is the best genre to experience using this method.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.