[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into field recordings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

How do I get into field recordings?
>>
>>74153094
Open the gate, mind the cows.
>>
>just listening to field recordings
just listen to music that uses field recordings as sampling like Godspeed
>>
>>74153094
Pay attention to cool sounds around you, whether that be birds chirping in the countryside or your city's unique urban audioscape. Once you start listening you'll be able to appreciate different stuff more.
>>
>>74153207
More like Hiss Tracts
>>
sit in walmart at 2 am
listen
>>
go outside
>>
>>74153094
real answer here: listen to framework radio, each broadcast is streamable on the website, each consisting of several recent field recording based releases with detailed liner notes to help you find a particular release if you like what you hear.

the vast majority of recordists send their stuff in to Patrick (the curator/editor) so its a good way to be introduced to a diversity of styles and approaches to the genre.
>>
Asking how to listen to field recordings is like asking how to breathe air
>>
File: the conet project.png (378KB, 1049x914px) Image search: [Google]
the conet project.png
378KB, 1049x914px
>>74153094
Start with this.
>>
>>74153404
don't start with this, technically not even field recordings
>>
File: Folder.jpg (23KB, 280x285px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
23KB, 280x285px
>>74153404
Pleb detected
>>
Some personal recs:
>Toshiya Tsunoda - Scenery of Decalcomania
more musical than pure "phonography", esoteric recording techniques lead to a lot of drone music sounding recordings interspersed with more straightforward recordings and some onkyo shit thrown in for good measure. pretty accessible as long as youre already into experimental music

>Chris Watson in general
probably the most well known of recordists. astounding technical quality thats mixed well. great entry point to the most common of styles in field recording. Stepping Into the Dark is a good shout.

>Roland Etzin - Transmongolian
really clean, well mixed recordings with a more anthropological bent. so much of field recording is nature-centric but i much prefer hearing how we interact with our environment. Roland is one of the founders of the label Gruenrekorder, which you should check out - theyve got free downloads on their site to get you started.
>>
>>74153094
>>74153336
http://www.frameworkradio.net/2017/06/604-2017-06-25/ here you go OP
>>
Inb4 Jeff Mangum
>>
>>74153094
francisco lopez - buildings: new york
francisco lopez - untitled (2006 - 2007)
doug haire - nineteen american waysides
stephen p mcgreevy - electric enigma
olhon - sinkhole
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.