[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come when Chester Bennington poured his heart into corny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

How come when Chester Bennington poured his heart into corny lyrics backed by babby's first bleeps and bloops he got ridiculed, yet when Tront did it he got critical acclaim?
>>
nin did it better, and 10 years earlier
>>
Trent is buff therefore his music is more legit.
>>
but trant has good bloops and great production
>>
Tront was loved by celebs and Hollywood, and he didn't wear faggy makeup like Marilyn Manson. So award people took him seriously.
>>
>>74148696
Reznor's actually a good musician.
>>
>>74148801
He looked pretty much like an edgy faggot in his early nin years
>>
>>74148696
>comparing NIN with LP
>>
Because Tront-man did it way better, their music still holds up great, and their new EPs are godly, Linkin Park never did much for me when I was a kid, and their music doesn't do much for me now.
Having that said, I still feel bad for what happened to Chester. Despite the edgy behavior and shit, he was a pretty decent human being.
Also, keep in mind that they had a huge fucking fanbase, like, really fucking big, so even with all the shit-talking from all sides, they were a beloved band, and with fans like that, you shouldn't really give a fuck what people think.
>>
>>74148696
>>74148773
>>74148801
>>74148936
His name is Trent.
>>
>>74148951
It's okay Tront, we know it's you, we love you, don't have to get upset.
>>
>>74148965
dont insult my daddy
>>
>>74148987
he's my daddy too you know
>>
Tarnt work so hard on music he gets massive gains after each tracks.
>>
>>74148746
this
>>
File: 1500557643957.jpg (96KB, 426x303px) Image search: [Google]
1500557643957.jpg
96KB, 426x303px
>>74148746
>>
>>74148801
strange way to spell "he became a sellout"
>>
>>74149772
you mean "at first i was an immature junkie edgelord but then became a functional member of society"
>>
>>74149812
>being a functional member of society

good
>>
Toro y Moi actually made interesting sounding music
>>
Does trunt dye his hair?
Ive never seen a photo where its not black
>>
>>74151855
His natural hair color is red.
>>
>>74149772
>what is entryism
>>
>>74148696
cause Reznor did it first and did it good

its like comparing Rob Zombie to Powerman 5000
>>
>>74151870
No its dark brown, he used to dye it red before dying it black though

>>74150181
Fuck off Brian come back when you're a buff Antichrist
>>
>>74151725
kek
>>
Trent's music actually has substance to it.
>>
File: IMG_9257.jpg (74KB, 472x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9257.jpg
74KB, 472x640px
>>74148746
Trent wasn't buff in TDS era though...
>>
>>74152615
>>74148696
Most importantly waht you anons are missing is that Trent knew how to reinvent and progress Nine Inch Nails with abbandoning what made Nine Inch Nails, Nine Inch Nails, it goes through different sounds and moods, but you can always point and go "yes, this is Nine Inch Nails, but different, new", no matter if you are listening to The Dowwnard Spiral, The Fragile, Hesitation Marks or the EPs. He is evolving and sucesfully.

Meanwhile Linkin Park's attempt at this was awful, they idea of "reinventing" themselves was to do different things while sounding nothing like Linkin Park, or even sounding good, only became more generic and like the rest when they attempted to evolve.
>>
>>74153235
Basically Linkin Park never "evolved" as much as they'd love you to believe.
>>
>>74152695
wtf im gay now
>>
will the real tront raznor please stand up
>>
File: trent reznor.jpg (13KB, 236x346px) Image search: [Google]
trent reznor.jpg
13KB, 236x346px
because Tront is Tront
>>
the lesson is simple
don't be a beta cuck
>>
>>74153235
Very true. Even the newest EP they put sounds a lot different than say; Pretty Hate Machine, but also easily recognizable as NiN material.
>>
>>74153332
A Thousand Suns was the most innovative album of the decade
>>
>>74148696
>corny lyrics
both use corny lyrics, but come on, linkin park is way worse
>>
>>74153939
Year Zero was much more daring in its concept (ARG) and its sound (Fucking Great Destroyer) A Thousand Suns never was like that.

>>74153998
A lot of NIN lyrics have been improving over the years, the EPs are pretty great in this regard, especially NTAE.
>>
>>74153235
I meant to say "without abbandoning" fuck me
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.