[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ feel about the doors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

How does /mu/ feel about the doors?
>>
>>74140476
They got closed
>>
Another 27 clubber. But a good one
>>
Morrison's famous for having a darker voice not many people know that the dude could fucking wail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7g56vyr9q8
>>
>>74140564
Holy shit
>>
>>74140476
well i got fucking memed. i passed them off as dad rock for my entire life until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BYNDpFIBPw
this song is beautiful
>>
>>74140607
Wait until you finish that whole album
>>
He's got a great scream
>>
>>74140476

Shit band. I'm glad the faggot is dead
>>
>>74140978
Edgy opinion
>>
File: The_Doors_-_Full_Circle.jpg (42KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
The_Doors_-_Full_Circle.jpg
42KB, 280x280px
FULL CIRCLE BY THE DOORS IS THE BEST ALBUM
>>
>>74140564
my man ovaries just exploded. I knew he had a great scream after listening to The End, but goddamn.
>>
>>74140607
You didn't get memed. That's their only good album.
>>
>>74141054
But Strange Days is great
>>
>>74140564
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7g56vyr9q8 [Embed]

let's fucking go
>>
>>74141054
That's debatable
>>
>>74140607
that is where you fail and now you must die. sorry.
>>
FATHER "YES SON" I WANT TO KILL YOU! MOTHER? I WANT TO AHHHHHHHH
>>
Peace frog is a good song
>>
>>74140476
They were the most original sounding popular rock band from that era. I hated them when I first started listening. After hearing them back to back to all the other bands at that time, they stood out and I grew to really like them.
>>
>>74141118
That is one of the catchiest rock songs ever imo
>>
File: 1445374141946.jpg (145KB, 694x488px) Image search: [Google]
1445374141946.jpg
145KB, 694x488px
>>74140564
My personal favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXpKcAF-sBI
>>
Tbh they where much better live than in their albums. Even though those where still good
>>
>>74141154
>>74140564
I never knew how fucking great he was. Jaysus, man.
>>
>>74141126
They had a very distinctive sound. The psychedelic keyboard flourishes and Jim Morrison's dark lyrics just sound badass together.
>>
Hes like a sharper sounding Morrissey
>>
>>74141229
The band had amazing chemistry, musically. You need all of them to make The Doors The Doors.
>>
>>74141243
This
>>
>>74141243
Robbie Krieger and John Densmore are very underrated. The whole band sounds tight.
>>
>>74141034
>not choosing American Prayer
>>
>>74141054
Wrong
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
24KB, 480x360px
*Listened to The Doors once*
>>
>>74141238
Morrissey's a duller sounding Morrison.
>>
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0
>>
>>74141275
This. I saw Robby Krieger play a show at a titty bar back in January and the jams that he and his band went into were some of the craziest I've ever heard.
>>
Morrison was a poet
>>
>At one point Jim said to me during the recording session, and he was tearful, and he shouted in the studio, 'Does anybody understand me?' And I said yes, I do, and right then and there we got into a long discussion and Jim just kept saying over and over kill the father, fuck the mother, and essentially boils down to this, kill all those things in yourself which are instilled in you and are not of yourself, they are alien concepts which are not yours, they must die. Fuck the mother is very basic, and it means get back to essence, what is reality, what is, fuck the mother is very basically mother, mother-birth, real, you can touch it, it's nature, it can't lie to you. So what Jim says at the end of the Oedipus section, which is essentially the same thing that the classic says, kill the alien concepts, get back reality, the end of alien concepts, the beginning of personal concepts.

I guess he just wasn't made for those times.
>>
>>74141456
He was a genius. But troubled
>>
File: sigmund-freud-photo.jpg (52KB, 330x363px) Image search: [Google]
sigmund-freud-photo.jpg
52KB, 330x363px
>>74141456
Very interesting
>>
>>74141493
He wasn't really troubled, just drank too much and didn't get along with his parents due to the generational gap.
>>
>>74141582
Didn't his heart burst or some shit from so much heroin in a bathtub
>>
Don't listen to them as much as I used to. Good band. Get unnecessarily shit on around here. And I'm weird I guess but Waiting for the Sun is my favorite album.

>My wild love went riding
>>
Their first album is their best but they have tons of 10/10 songs scattered throughout all their albums.
>>
>>74141676
Nah, he just OD'd and died while taking a bath. The damage from all the heavy drinking was starting to take it's toll as well. He couldn't handle drugs the way he used to anymore.
>>
>>74141054
No
>>
>>74141545
Kek
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.