[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 20 years old and people my age are starting to become famous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 21

File: 1406217926956.png (18KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1406217926956.png
18KB, 633x758px
>tfw 20 years old and people my age are starting to become famous
>>
Yeah sorry it's only possible to get famous if you're a black guy in the south rn
>>
>tfw starting to realize my juvenile aspirations of fame and success are never coming true
>>
>>74139926
boonk gang you nahm sayn' issa whole lotta gang shi
>>
>>74139929
Why do you say that? What's stopping you?
>>
Well it's a good thing. It means you're going to live longer. What does a 20 years old have to say anyway?
>>
>>74139929
Not with this attitude, my friend.
>>
>tfw really want to be a musician
>people tell me I'm talented when I show them recordings
>too autistic to perform live
>>
>>74139881
Just shoot up a whole bunch of people and bomb a shopping mall. You'll get famous.
>>
>>74140339
i feel like its all baby steps. i dont really know your situation but i think performing in front of people in any way would help. things like asking a couple people to hear you play or playing in a park or something,anything really. although these things might feel weird to do i feel like they do a good job of easing up to performing on stage
>>
If you haven't made it before 25 it's pretty much over.
>>
>>74140382
That's a nice little watch-list you just got added to.
>>
>>74140339

me except 32 years old and window has all but closed
>>
>>74140690
Leonard Cohen put out his first album at 33. You have one more year, but you better be pretty fucking good.
>>
File: 498748974.png (122KB, 301x213px) Image search: [Google]
498748974.png
122KB, 301x213px
>>74139929
>tfw not even 20 and already realized my juvenile aspirations of fame and success are extremely...well....juvenile, and are simply a futile and inherently unfulfilling pursuit
>>
i'm gonna be a famous musician and all thats all i ever gave a shit about but it felt like a lot of opportunities came for me to get my dream and now i kind of dont give a shit. dream is dead for myself but i wanna make other people happy if i can, i'm craving human connection and community feelings now and i'm becoming less self centered which is healthy for me but still kind of uninspired. i think i have the healthiest goals with fame i have ever had but at the same time the least actual music/creative juice so thats a problem.
>>
>>74140690
>>74140724
lol, just accept your fate. don't use outliers as examples to motivate you.

also, btw Leonard published his first poem in a magazine at 20 and released his first book at 22. not really a good example to use.
>>
>>74140935
You sound exactly like me. Pls be in Chicago, we could start a band.
>>
File: IMG_2516.jpg (36KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2516.jpg
36KB, 540x405px
>23
>feel old as fuck sharing a board with 18-21 year olds
>>
>>74140935
Make me happy by sharing a sample of your music :)
>>
>>74140935
You early twenties?
>>
>>74140982
I would feel more ashamed to be a fucking phone poster if I were you
>>
>>74140982
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>74139881
>28 years old

Want to an Chester on this feel
>>
>>74140975
nah indiana :/ close though
>>74140987
https://soundcloud.com/joseph-komari
*is scared youll hate me*
>>74140991
yeah, 22
>>
>>74141055
same man
>>
>>74141080
im in indiana. nwi?
>>
>>74141080
Dude you sound like Panda Bear. Work on the way you structure your songs and you could get somewhere.
>>
>>74141093
im in bloomington
>>
File: dylanhair.jpg (15KB, 236x346px) Image search: [Google]
dylanhair.jpg
15KB, 236x346px
>>
>>74141121
thanks! the anco guys are definitely an influence though desu i'm trying to make more conscious efforts to phase out obvious influences
>Work on the way you structure your songs
how so? do you think they're too jarring or too simple? sorry kinda indulgent questions
>>
>>74141080
do you live in Bloomington?
>>
>>74141080
>nah indiana :/ close though
Damn... Oh well, had to try, right? Tell Mike Pence I said whatup.
>>
>>74141122
>>74141164
lol I got it right
>>
>>74141178
howd u kno
>>
>>74141203
dunno. just every time someone says they live in Indiana on here it's usually Bloomington. Probably because the uni is there but also I've heard their music scene is pretty indie. I know Secretly Canadian is based out of there.
>>
>>74140339
Book a show way away from your hometown so even if you fuck up no one will know.
>>
>>74141161
>how so?
I'm gonna use Shadow Manage as an example since that's the first one I listened to. It hops all over the place in terms of dynamics (louder in some areas, harder in others, softer in others). You like writing complex music, and that's totally fine, but I think you put too much on your plate at once and it takes away from the overall sound. Certain parts of the song I really dig, such as the latter part (starting at the 2 minute mark to the end). Work the on the way you transition from sound to sound otherwise the song suffers as a whole. The same beef applies to Heavy Turquoise, although I liked the melodies on that one a bit more.
>>
>>74141267
thanks for the feedback! super appreciated. i think youre probably right about that stuff. sometimes i think jarring mood changes in songs are really cool but i have been overusing that a bit too much. thanks again anon :D
>>
>>74141080
I'm 22, too. I relate to your feelings. I think it's natural, but don't lose the way.

I live in West Virginia.
>>
>>74141259
Is it autistic that I've unironically considered this?
>>
File: noose-pepe.jpg (11KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
noose-pepe.jpg
11KB, 374x374px
>>74141381
>I live in West Virginia.
>>
>>74141393
I went on a road trip to West Virginia and North Carolina just to do open mics.

From New Jersey.

It was an amazing experience, ended up locating to West Virginia to help the community and record in my new home in a quite neighborhood.

If you're an American, this is your nation.

Go sing to a new town. I implore you.
>>
>>74139881
Maybe if you weren't such a talentless faggot, people would want to listen to what you make
>>
>Buddy Holly died at 22
>I'm 24 and my only accomplishment is remaining a virgin for this long
>>
>>74140460
damn youre retarded and also 18
>>
>>74141471
just fuck a girl holy shit it's not that hard
>>
>>74141448
Explain yourself. I take no offense, I truly love it here.

West Virginia is, according to various surveys, the most depressed and poorest state in the Union... And suicide is prevalent, is that what you mean? Explain yourself because I'm not sure if what stated above is common knowledge.

Back in Jersey people don't know that or anything about West Virginia.
>>
>>74141450
Jesus, man. That's pretty inspiring. I'm doing a road trip to Vancouver sometime next year. Been meaning to get the fuck out of Chicago. Maybe I'll practice and give it a go.
>>
>>74141477
No it's over. Stop making music even if you like it. There's no point to it because you're not going to be famous. Being famous is the only reason to make music.
>>
>>74141489
But I'll go to jail if she doesn't give me permission first, amd that's the hard part.
>>
>>74140460
Fuck off, it's 30, not 25.
>>
>>74141533
Alright, 30 then. I won't change it again though.
>>
>>74141502
you are a pathetic troll. do you really think that life
;especially creative growth, ends after 25? >Confirmed 18 or younger
>>
>>74141591
It's scientifically proven that your brain stops developing around that age. Also I was fucking with you, I can't even see how you could have taken anything I said seriously. Sarcasm does not translate well on the internet.
>>
>>74141450
That sounds fucking great. I just started to frequent some om my small Midwestern city's open mic nights, and I've been having a blast so far.
>>
>>74141502
why do people try so hard to push this mentality on others? just because you feel you cant reach a certain goal doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to try. and its never been easier to get recognition and fame on this world than right now thanks to social media. and fame doesn't have to mean winning a grammy, it can be something as simple as having a couple thousand fans
>>
>>74139926
I'm from Brooklyn, but my family were in the South before they came to New York in like 50s, do I have a chance?
>>
>>74141576
You're a good man.

No but the general consensus is legit 30. Have you ever heard the phrase "Sorry, you're on the wrong side of 30"? That's what it stems from. You're seen as too old to appeal to the younger generation once you hit that 3rd decade. The entertainment industries are very ageist in that regard.
>>
>>74141494
Definitely practice and go perform. If nothing else, you will make friends.

My advice for when you go:

1) meet people, they are larger than mountains and more intriguing than you'd at first think

2) if you're doing open mics, call in advance to make sure they still do it. Some open mics you find on the Internet belong to businesses that don't exist anymore. I made this mistake and it cost me a whole day.
>>
>>74141649
Please fuck my wife
>>
>>74139881
people who garner fame at a young age/early in their career tend to be forgotten

think of all of your favourite artists, they probably started making notable music in their late/mid 20's maybe even 30's
>>
File: 1498963943807.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498963943807.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>74141502
regardless i hate you and resent myself for not being famous
>>
>>74141649
Can you rap?
>>
>>74141490
it's a poor hellhole
>>
>>74139926
i think there's seriously something going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8OG5ffqfoE
fucking listen to this song, no one likes this song. but he's famous because he's he's black and from georgia. i'm fucking on to some kind of conspiracy with this. this retard (literal, proper use of the term) BARELY made any music before gaining success
https://youtu.be/2wP3GFYYDKA?t=4m25s
at the most these guys, lil uzi vert, lil yachty, lil whatever, are all 17-22. what the fuck is going on
>>
>>74141613
That's it, man. That's what you must do. For every reason in the world, it is all good.

I suggest going to different parts of your state to do open mics, too!

Before my road trip, that's what I did, and really acquired a new knowledge and appreciation for Jersey.

Move the wheel until it moves you; then it stops, then you move it again.
>>
>>74141667
You get other opportunities though. Experience is valuable. Even if you haven't made it as a celebrity, it doesn't mean you haven't made it as a musician. I know musicians who live from their craft and aren't famous. Being famous is not a job.
>>
>>74141080
this is actually really good. gj
>>
>>74141713
Soundcloud
>>
>>74141710
Well, that's why I moved here.

It's affordable. The mountains are beautiful. Going down to the river to fish and play guitar where no one can hear you brings something to me. Helping people help themselves is the most fulfilling reason.
>>
>>74141702
I know how you feel. Never made it as a famous artist but I still can live from my craft. Not being famous is fine. I even think most people aren't emotionally built to be famous. (At least this is what I tell myself to ease the pain.)
>>
>>74141704
I'm trying.
>>
>>74140982
>anyone here is 18
Kek
>>
>>74141710
I will also add that I have met no pretentious people here, which is something I despise of the young of the North.
>>
>>74141775
I know, it's beautiful. If that's all you really want then WV is a great place then. Aside from that, it's shit overall.
>>
>>74141851
I mean there's also the rest of my reply lol..
>>
File: 1491476670530.jpg (10KB, 288x306px) Image search: [Google]
1491476670530.jpg
10KB, 288x306px
People half your age are famous already.
>>
File: 1497691136331.png (46KB, 570x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497691136331.png
46KB, 570x400px
>tfw 32
>tfw realize your time has passed
>tfw still have fun making music for myself
Everything is pointless, just enjoy your limited time here.
I only stop by here every few months by the way, /mu/ is definitely one of the younger boards in regards to the user base.
>>
>>74141866
it's a poor uneducated unhealthy depressed drug-riddled hellhole

but hey, it's affordable!
>>
>>74141943
The affordability only made it a possibility.

I moved here for the people you categorize first as poor, uneducated, in healthy, and depressed. I see potential and spirit in these people.

And this I know. You don't.
>>
>>74141912
PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
>>
>>74142036
I lived in a hell hole long enough to know it's not good for your mental health. I don't know about where you lived but having your stuff being stole constantly and having someone trying to sell you drugs at 2 AM doesn't make for a very productive environment. I cherish the experience though, I met some nice people but comes a time where you have to move to a better place. Just my two cents.
>>
>>74142036
how can you "know" something if you're objectively making an assumption? I never said I don't. There is a difference between not wanting to live in a certain place and then just not seeing any potential or spirit in the people of that place. don't conflate the two.
>>
>>74142115
I've become acquainted with a waitress, a disabled vet and his 10-year old son with suicidal tendencies (which at such a young age is truly tragic to me); And two cashiers at Sheetz, and an old black couple who own a failing business. And they've made it all worth the move here.

See in a situation like this, there are simply two kinds of people: healthy, educated people who move in, and healthy, educated people who move out.

There is a non-native doctor who is politically active and if he had not come here, there may not have been someone with enough repute to pressure the EPA to clean up a cancerous spillage in Minden County that the EPA itself contributed to, and which has been causing cancer for decades (1 in 3 residents of the specific area were getting cancer, some of which have never been recorded in science before.)

Then there are uninspired people like you who leave, and perhaps both are for the best.
>>
>>74142209
You're right, assuming you don't see any spirit or potential in them was an assumption.

What I should've said was you don't see the same spirit or potential that I do, which is not an assumption.
>>
>>74142302
I've met all those whimsical characters too. I don't think me being an artist will help them get out of this misery nor do I think them being poor justify their shit behavior toward each other. Leaving this place is one of the hardest thing I ever had to do. I had to work hard for it, something some of those people are not willing to or simply cannot do. It's the hard reality of the thing. I don't have to live in misery because these people do.

If you really want to help these people, make a life for yourself first. What are you doing to help?
>>
>>74142115
Sorry it's Minden town not county.
>>
>>74142326
okay, but don't you think that YOU are in a unique position? the average person should not live in WV. their own life prospects and the overall quality of life for their children would be arguably the worst in the country. power to you, but I still say it's a hellhole. I could be wrong, but there's this moral superiority vibe I'm getting from you. listen, you can only be so "inspired" when you are out of a job, addicted to a painkiller, depressed, live too far from a school to send your kids to, and too broke to support your family in a way where they can be considered to be living a healthy life.
>>
>>74142326
What's so inspiring to you about people suffering?
>>
>>74142437
You're not an artist. I don't mean to insult, but this is clear. Further, you're wrong. Truly being anything at all always, always helps, and if you don't know that then you might need some help yourself. Also, I wish I could give details about "what I'm doing", but I'm not going to give you traceable details for obvious reasons. But I will say I am ecstatic about my progress for one month. In response to "make a life for yourself first" I'm not sure if I can assume what you mean by this, but Ill say I'm secure for the relevant future.

Lastly, I'll just inculcate the point of my last post: there are educated people that move in, and those that move out.

What one sees as an unproductive environment others may see as the most productive environment, and what one sees as draining others may find inspiring; where one has deemed it damned to hell, another seeks to unseal that fate.
>>
>>74142542
When someone is stuck in a hole, I'm inspired to pull him up. When ten thousand people are in a hole, I'm inspired to build a ladder. Still confused?
>>
>>74142654
>You're not an artist
What the fuck have I been paid for all these years? I'm not saying I'm good, I'm just saying it's my job.

Next time you're at rock bottom, sit down and tell me you're able to be creative and productive.
>>
>>74142500
I realize I'm talking to three people so I'm no sure what you mean by the first question. Your first point stands but I'm young and have clear goals and a strong sense of drive so I'm good for now and when the question of having a family comes what you're saying are valid things to consider, but I'm not there yet. For the moral superior comment, I am one of those objective morality types and it was a deliberate disposition for one specific replier who had a certain vibe of his own, so I apologize to the other two.

Your second point also stands but I'm determined, not deterred
>>
>>74142763
What do you do exactly?
>>
>>74142714
I don't know why people pay you.

>when you're at rock bottom

That's just it then. I have been, and many others have been and have also been able to get back their drive in the environment that squeezed the life out of them.

You were not one of them. I'm not being condescending when I say I don't blame you. I know it's hard.
>>
>>74140157
nigga we in foreign
>>
>>74142788
Specify.
>>
>>74142867
Your head is very far up your own ass little boy. I'll talk to you when your reading comprehension will have improved.
>>
>>74142714
And if you had to leave to get back up then good for you, I didn't mean to be vicious. Someone said I was being a jerk I didn't know I was talking to several different people, and I'm thinking you're the guy who said he left a hellhole so my reply if that's you is if you had to, good for you, I only mean to be a dick to one poster and I lost track of him but if it's you then the saltiness stands if not sorry
>>
>>74142913
What are your goals and what have you accomplished so far. What are your milestones, achievements, etc? What do you do that is so out of this world that it uplifts people out of their misery? Why do you make so much assumptions about people you've never just so you feel morally superior?
>>
>>74142931
My comprehension is fine, your inference is what's wrong,

I'm saying whatever you're making isn't art, and certainly you are lucky to be making a living off fools. Calling yourself an artist when you yourself know you are not, then asserting I have a head up my ass.

Buddy, you sure are lucky.
>>
>>74142959
As I said before, I won't give details that can be traced for obvious reasons, but in short, I am an educator. My milestones are in the progress of the young I'm educating. If you reply, link your replies so I know who I'm talking to.

Also if you think it takes something "out of this world" to help people out of depression, I wish I could change your mind but on this medium I can't but your implications indicate ignorance. I hope for your sake you're underaged.
>>
>>74143052
God you're such a pretentious ass, nobody fucking cares anyway. I hope for your sake you don't talk like this in real life you boring ass plen.
>>
>>74142981
>I'm saying whatever you're making isn't art, and certainly you are lucky to be making a living off fools
Christ... get a load of this cynical asshole
>>
>>74142959
In addition, you're challenging me is pointless. The questions are valid but I refer to the choice of language.

First, it relies on the assumption that I expect to do some super duper big things, which I don't. Any success is success, but the higher the better.

The reasons I moved here were for several reasons, and recording is the most important, but I only said and I did mean that helping people here was the most fulfilling.

The distinction I made between "those who move in and those move out" stands, and I'm glad I moved to West Virginia.
>>
>>74142981
Art isn't an adjective. A car is a car even if it's ugly . Art is art whether it appeals to you or not. I call myself an artist because it's my official title. Visual artist is what I'm specialized more precise but it isn't the only thing I do. Call me an artisan if you want, nowadays it's a more noble title than artist anyway.

>>74143052
This is a misunderstanding, I didn't know you were an educator because you obviously omitted that detail during the whole conversation. Conversations get very confusing when you speak in riddles.
>>
File: 09376576356538.png (1MB, 1108x1079px) Image search: [Google]
09376576356538.png
1MB, 1108x1079px
>>74139881
>tfw waiting for christgau to die of old age before I release anything
>>
File: photo.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
could be worse
>>
File: 1498237675138.jpg (27KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1498237675138.jpg
27KB, 469x469px
It says a lot about our society and our inner human nature that the desire to become famous is so strong.

We worship these celebrities, musicians, and actors, and athletes so much that we subconsciously treat them like kings and gods. We want to be like those that we revere....we want the money, the status, the attention, the sex, etc., so damn badly. But ultimately, doesn't fame itself seem like a vapid pursuit? I wonder how all these celebrities feel after 2, 5, 10, 20 years after making it. It probably gets old pretty quickly.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I just feel like these desires seem so shallow despite being ingrained in all of our minds so deeply.
>>
>>74143088
>pretentious
I have a strong sense of purpose, which may look pretentious to those who don't
>>
>>74143165
damn...
>>
>>74143120
>First, it relies on the assumption that I expect to do some super duper big things

No, I meant what are you goals in reference to this.

>I'm young and have clear goals and a strong sense of drive

I was asking you what are these goals and what have you done so far to progress towards them.

>and I did mean that helping people here was the most fulfilling.

It might seems fulfilling for you but getting someone out of misery is a full time commitment. Still, it's very nice what you're doing and I wish more people did the same. I can't shit on you for that.
>>
>>74143137

The fact that I'm an educator is a triviality, but you call yourself an artist because it's your title, so apparently I should call myself an educator. What it's important is that I am able to help people learn to love life through learning and appreciating beauty. I know this is vague, but again it is sufficient. I mean to be vague to facilitate anonymity.
>>
>>74143230
Like shit it's not like I'm some person you could easily find I'm not some important local person but it's a small town like region I live in so anonymity is important for personal reasons lol
>>
>>74143209
I reply to the first two comments in another reply I made where I stayed I am an educator.

>full time business

If you teach kids to love learning and find joy and the eternity in beauty, they will have the tools to break their misery when they're older. I hold this to be true. I wish I could be specific with what I do in my spare time to facilitate this but I can't.
>>
>>74143230
That's fine but don't think me calling myself an artist means I feel holier than thou. There's a science behind art as much as there is a science behind being an electrician. It's nothing out of the ordinary. I probably get paid as much as you for the same amount of effort. I even avoid saying what I do for a living from fear of being judge by people like you. I went to school to do this. Most artists did. You have to learn the craft before being able to create.
>>
>>74143165
It's the ultimate success, evn if we don't want to be famous, we still want to be the ultimate winners like famous people are.
>>
>>74143137
>>74143209
But while you're here. To give this context,

Most young people in Southern West Virginia are horribly depressed at an early age, and this is the time when they're most ripe to learn things. It breaks my heart every day. A boy in a diner opened up to me the other night and broke into tears telling me shit happening in his life. I'm sorry if I sound pretentious I don't care but if you knew what I knew about some of these people you would be appalled at how much nothing is being done when so much can be done and that it REALLY is easy to teach these young kids. Maybe they just need someone who truly cares, not to say that others don't, but someone who stands something to lose by coming here but gain for the sake of the young people here. Maybe I speak to them in a way they can understand I don't know what it is and I wish I could give details but I'm happy so far with the progress I've made with some.

The situation here is a failure for all posterity of this nation if people choose only to leave and not stay, and I don't regret sounding any kind of way right now. I only hope someone here remembers what I'm saying about the south of West Virginia, because it's important. It is too important to just forget.
>>
File: 1500171248662.jpg (120KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500171248662.jpg
120KB, 500x1000px
>tfw 24 and at my peak of my musical ability
>gonna try to pursue it for another 3 years or so
>excited to try other things if it doesn't work out
>>
>>74143413
I'm tired so I'm all misfire with my words and I apologize if I offended anyone other than the idiot i meant it for
>>
>>74143413
I'm not diminishing the work you're doing. You're clearly doing something better for humanity than what I do. I know how important it is for them to be given guidance during that time because I've been one of those kids. I don't want this to be a pissing contest of who had it worse but when I say I got out of that misery this is what I'm talking about. What do you wish for those kids when they grow up? That they leave and achieve what they always wanted to do right? That's what I did.
>>
>>74143447
Don't worry dude, it's an anonymous board. Pour your heart out if you have to.
>>
>>74140690
Charles Bradley put out his debut in 2011 at the age of 62. He's put out more albums and sells sold out shows.

Susan Boyle is still doing well for herself.

Talent outweighs all as long you're not trying to be trendy.
>>
>>74143418
what kind of music u make?
>>
>>74140982
I'm 22 and have been coming to /mu/ since I was 14, though much less so since graduating high school.
>>
>>74141502
>being famous is the only reason to make music
>only reason

AHAHAHAHAHAHAh
>>
>>74141648
crab in the bucket mentality

>if they cannot be famous at x age then no one else can and they feel like bringing others down any chance they get

welcome to the modern internet anon.
>>
>>74143870
oh the irony
>>
>>74141667
fuck appealing to young people
appeal to anyone thats willing to listen.
>>
>>74143536
>>74143547

Now I live here in one of the poorest regions of the country and I always give this disclaimer when talking to people of my age or older: no I'm not running for president but I really do care. I can't run away like I did in the only tragedy I seen, I have to run toward the fire. It brings me endless tears seeing deep hopelessness in the eyes of the children here, many that will turn to drugs and suicide by all means, both which are huge in this part of the world. So yeah maybe I may not become famous but I am here to record my album which is my priority but the most fulfilling thing I've learned is helping people and inspiring them. Not to mention I'm not even fucking white, and it's not so fashionable in these parts and some places I go I know full well my lifes at risk but I just don't care you can't run forever at some point you say fuck it there is something I can do and somethings you do you gotta go all the way because to live in fear is to notf live at all . If I can just inspire a child here To pursue beauty in music and history and in people and find the eternity of joy that waits for them there I will leave accomplished, if I ever choose to leave. I've only been here one month and some days it feels like a constant storm . And perhaps what makes the kids listen to me is that they are smart enough to know that I risk coming here and that maybe there is an intrigue about me being from jersey and the only Hispanic kid they've ever seen and maybe it's just how I talk but so many have opened up to me like they've been holding it in for a thousand years and some haven't even existed for a decade yet and it breaks this heart of mine . The south of West Virginia needs hope and I'm proud of myself For moving to this "no-go" zone region, infamous for its lack of quality education and rampant depression, because teaching kids things they would never otherwise learn is the most amazing feeling in the world. You don't need fame you need a friend
>>
>>74141713
flavour of the month soundcloud rappers that can sell crap.
>>
File: 1488572384555.gif (2MB, 236x244px) Image search: [Google]
1488572384555.gif
2MB, 236x244px
>he LITERALLY UNIRONICALLY thinks he can form significant band mate relations with people he met after high school
>>
>>74143885
yep
>>
>>74143896
>>74143413

That was very heartfelt and I know you mean well but is there any work for these kids in that area? First time reading about McDowell btw, I didn't even know this place existed.
>>
>>74143945
its 2017 its the time of the soundcloud rappers
bands are dead
plus modern musicans are all too elite minded to ever be in bands and make that work
>>
>tfw free will isn't real and you're just stuck with your shit life
>>
>>74141023
>>74141037
not him but there is absolutely nothing wrong with phone posting.
>>
>>74144064
Read more Nietzsche. Especially what he says about suffering and laziness. He's depressing but I kinda agree with him.
>>
>>74144112
Where can I go to read his books?
>>
>>74144130
Books? What are you, a caveman? (It's probably better to read the book rather than having someone explain it to you though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_nLCZ3LKus
>>
>>74144177
I've only read like one book in my entire life and I've burned out on other mediums so I'm planning on expanding my horizons.
ty for the vid though.
>>
>>74142115
hahaha i lived in the burbs and you described them perfectly thats no hood my friend
>>
>>74143978
My understanding is no, but the potential for jobs if they give up hopes of coal for solar energy should bring up some. My understanding of world and regional economy is thin, to put it generously. I was talking to a college student here at a cafe in Hinton once and he mentioned that for some odd reason WV exports the majority of its produce instead of selling locally even though it'd be cheaper or same as Walmart or Kroger. And would probably bring more jobs. I'm trying to create more awareness of the farmer markets down here, and perhaps I'll have to be involved in some kind of program to raise awareness of this. Having quality food available is not something that happens when it so easily could! If you go to some of the farmers markets they sell organic produce and grass fed meats which up North would cost a fortune but here is affordable as hell. Apple pies at the FM are surprisingly high quality and have no preservatives and are delicious I will add for no real reason

Read about McDowell. There is so much intriguing tragic statistics and stories. Basically any Southern West Virginia county is almost the same. Mingo County had been controlled by a meth-making and selling government for two decades at some point. Fayette County had cases of new cancers due to a botched EPA clean up.
>>
>>74144215
Nah, I'm in Canada. We don't have hoods like in the United-States.
>>
>>74144240
The more I read about this the more depressing it gets. Sorry for being a pretentious ''artist'' earlier. I don't know much about american politics aside from its entertainment value but won't Trump do anything about it?
>>
>>74144311
No need to apologize.. The whole convo was a shitshow on all sides earlier.

Where you from?

Trump will do nothing. Even if he tried he wouldn't be able to. It's been one of the poorest or at times the poorest counties in the nation for almost 6 decades now.

It's gotta be from the grassroots. A lot of problems here are deeply embedded in the culture passed like a torch from generation to generation.

Most people over 30 don't really value education, and many haven't even finished high school. The appreciation of arts in a deep sense is nonexistent. Coal is such a tradition and rightfully so, but the reality is that it's not just an obsolete product, but the prospects of coal in WV are dubious. You can't just mine millions of tons of coals for a hundred years and expect the mountains to yield coal for another hundred years: it's virtually all gone.
>>
>>74144274
lucky for you. Grew up in a house making 500k+ a year and still experienced robbery, rape,
((suicide)), every drug ect.... hahah god bless America
>>
>>74144311
I mean if you ever seen the hillbilly depiction in cartoons of babies with shotguns and a single obese mother with ten kids with her belly out and cigarette in her mouth.. It's accurate in image only... Except In fact I haven't seen many obese people in McDowell .. They're usually thin.

Also their depiction as mean territorial people is maybe a tenth true. Most people I've met there are extremely and surprisingly welcoming, and some have an almost naive childlike innocence to them (all ages) and some seem rather conscious of their poverty and seem self-conscious and almost ashamed when they hear my northern accent, but I dress as bummy as a guy can, button missing on my baggy shirt under my messy hair. I try to do what I can to be relatable so that I can communicate. Hope that doesn't sound sleazy .
>>
>>74140460
its 22 not 25
>>
>>74144389
From Québec. I don't understand what exactly is stopping these people from farming and keeping what they planted though. Why do they have to export most of what they farm? Is this because of a law or something?
>>74144417
Scary stuff. I still wish to visit America someday. I mean, culturally it's a fascinating place.
>>74144455
It does kinda sound sleazy but whatever works man!
>>
>>74144530
Nice. Well they don't have to buy people here aren't educated to appreciate the value of grass fed and organic foods, and even in the north people have only in the past five years maybe have become more aware of it.

I mean the farms do keep it and export excess but it would be better if more people would buy local, but they don't so the problem is the consumer base doesn't value it.

In my defense I dress the same as I dressed up north. I've always dressed bummy and wear one of two of the same shirts every day because it's easy
>>
>>74144530

I meant well they don't HAVE to export*

Anyway it's been a good talk. Gotta sleep now it's almost 7 in the morning here. Take care bud
>>
>>74144493
nah its like 17 these days.
>>
>>74144588
I see. Keep doing what you're doing dude, seems like a legit cause to fight for, I'll do the same as the other anon and go to sleep, I can barely think anymore. It's been nice talking to you! Good luck with that whole situation and your music project! (Or was it the other anon? I can't even tell anymore.)
>>74144610
cya dude, take care!
>>
>>74143144
kek
>>
>>74143413
I HAVE TO REEACH DEEZ KEEEEDSSSS
>>
>This thread somehow turned into some guy talking about West Virginia and how great of a person he is for living there and some other guy saying it sucks there
>They start arguing about this
What the fuck is this thread anyway
>>
>>74144530
Definatly full of culture, dont let the rep deter you from the south, the food is incredible and the culture is super rich, Ive lived in Texas, Tennessee, Maryland, and California and each has its benefits, but greed is all around, only difference is the richer the family got, the less VIOLENT the crime got, not less frequent.
>>
>>74141471
Youtube alpha m.
Get a better fashion sense, correct posture and use a hook up app. I lost my virginity at 20 using an app. Now I'm 22
>>
>>74141789
If you can pay rent with your music atleast. You're pretty fortunate compared to the "hobbyist".
>>
>>74142879
Nigga we in paris
>>
>>74140339
>people tell me I'm talented when I show them recordings
They are lying or they don't know better. When people say you have talent, it means you are boring.
>>
>>74140339
Show us a song
>>
>>74146291
There's a huge downside to it and it's that you don't have full creative control over what you do. You get tons of experience and tips from professionals though so there's that. (I'm not a musician btw but I know a friend who does ghost producing and he's pretty much in the same situation as me.)
>>
>>74139926
You're saying there's a chance?
>>
>>74144688
This was a good thread, but this is by far the best post
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>be me, 25, composer
>can compose beautiful tonal music, but there is no market for it (I'll get maybe 10 commissions and 20 performances every year)
>tired of having so little music played
>pick up a electric guitar
>learn the basics of technique and pedaling for that neat band cred
>find a band of nerds, very insecure
>play with them for 2 weeks, listen to how they play and sing (I've studied phrasing and orchestration for 2 decades, so you can be sure I'm focusing a lot on every single detail)
>it's time
>write 12 songs for them on the poems of a poet I won't name (since I don't want to get tracked)
>teach them how to play them (it took weeks)
>play 6 of them live for the first time
>success
>do it again
>success
>leave the band
>they're still playing my songs, and every once in a while I'll hang out with them to check on how they are playing them

>be me, 2 years later
>tfw you have done the same thing with 3 other bands
>tfw I'm actually paying my rent with their roialities
>tfw I'm sure I can keep doing this for decades

Is this what being a producer feels like?
>>
>hockey player my age signs to $100,000,000 contract
>>
File: 1452128287794.jpg (75KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1452128287794.jpg
75KB, 601x601px
>>74143945
>tfw you didn't really discover your love for music until after high school
>>
>>74139881
Plenty of artists don't peak (or even really start) until middle-age or later, so don't sweat it...

...unless all you care about is getting famous and becoming a shitty meme, in which case do us all a favour and stop making music right now.
>>
>>74147025
>Is this what being a producer feels like?
Pretty much, but you only work with sounds and recording. Producers worked like you are working now before the '80s

>>74147732
Wagner started studying music in his 20s. If you can be a late starter Wagner, than you can be a late starter anything
>>
File: c2d.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
c2d.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
>tfw you could've been somebody
>>
>>74139881
tfw can't cry unless hammered
>>
>>74139881
If you want to be somebody be somebody what the fuck, don't just sit here on this website and complain about it you chucklefuck
>>
>>74139881
>tfw always wanted to be a famous musician
>actually have the skill, looks and opportunities available to pull it off
>tfw too fucking lazy, shitposting on /mu/ instead of working towards my goals, in this moment
>tfw the years go by

REE
>>
>>74141080
yo deadhorse sounds like something off MPP
>>
>>74141080
Like others have said, your singing is very good, sounds like panda bear, the songwriting could be better, but my main tip is to not use early reflections in your room reverb when you've recorded something in your own room. I'm thinking of the song Deadhorse. Your mix sounds more wet than you think, because you're used to hearing it.

Also another tip, since you're going for that AnCo vocal style, they use a plugin called Vocalign to make singing that is all over the place sound really synced, so you might wanna try that out.
>>
>>74140157
Is that Thai?
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.