[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jackson C. Frank and Nick Drake are a million times than that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: jackson-c-frank-getty.jpg (54KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
jackson-c-frank-getty.jpg
54KB, 770x433px
Jackson C. Frank and Nick Drake are a million times than that hack Bob (((Dylan)))
>>
I like Jackson C. Frank, but he doesn't even come close to Nick Drake, and in terms of songwriting, Nick Drake doesn't even come close to Bob Dylan.

I don't get why so many people have such a hard time digesting Dylan. IMO it's clear as day that in terms of pure songcraft he runs circles around pretty much everyone else, other than the few other standouts like Cohen, Joni and Townes.

Jackson C. Frank's appeal comes from his ability to emote and the palpable pain behind his songs. Nick Drake works on a similar, but is much more precise and structured, adding that extra element of his astounding compositional ability on guitar. Dylan works on an entirely different. First off its worth mentioning that without Dylan you literally just straight up do not have any of these other songwriters. This whole concept of personal expression done through the folk tradition, with an extra literary twinge was basically singlehandedly popularized by him, so this entire argument is dumb to begin with. But anyways, his songs more or less work as self contained pieces, which is just a testament to their strength.You take Parasite and give it to another artist other than Nick Drake and it'll sound like some dumb cringey emo bullshit (I'm not saying that song is that, just that the songwriting itself is not the strength there). You don't get that Dylan's songs. His words are concise, pointed and aesthetically pleasing while his melodies are simple yet memorable. Now of course his songs gain a ton through his own performances, but even without that they stand out and are memorable on their own. He's just a good fucking songwriter who was a good fucking songwriter before there were other good fucking songwriters in that fashion. I don't understand why there are still people who struggle to see that.

Then again you believe in the dumb ((jew)) meme so I don't know why I'm even bothering here.
>>
>>74121722
*similar level
*entirely different level

Forgive me I'm somewhat drunk which is probably the only reason why I'm responding to this bait.
>>
>>74121722
Honestly I think it's an age thing. I'm 20 and all my friend think Bob Dylan sucks. ND and JCF on the other hand make me feel.
>>
desu I feel both Jackson and Drake are overrated as fuck. Indie kids obsess over them because they weren't as mainstream as other artists of their time. But with the internet age they've become even more popular then the mainstream folk musicians that were much better.
>>
>>74121957
Who are some better artists?
>>
>>74121966
Bob Dylan
>>
File: u6FWvZn.jpg (40KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
u6FWvZn.jpg
40KB, 500x655px
>>74121722
this is a very good post
I was never a huge Dylan fan but I'll give him another try because of you
>>
a million what?
>>
File: 1480284021832.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480284021832.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>74121460
>bob dylan
>>
File: IMG_4416.jpg (34KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4416.jpg
34KB, 387x461px
>>74121975
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.