[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

De-Loused in the Comatorium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: De-Loused_in_the_Comatorium.jpg (52KB, 313x300px) Image search: [Google]
De-Loused_in_the_Comatorium.jpg
52KB, 313x300px
Why is this considered prog-rock? It sounds more like post hardcore

Killer album btw. I am absolutely obsessed with this right now
>>
>>74117038
how do you define post-hardcore?
>>
>>74117051
"punk rock music genre that maintains the aggression and intensity of hardcore punk but emphasizes a greater degree of creative expression initially"
>>
>>74117038
take the veil cerpin taxt definitely in my all time top ten.
>>
>>74117038
It's prog with a lot of post-hardcore leanings. Frances the Mute is when they shed the post-hardcore sound/
>>
Two of the members just came out of a post-hardcore band at the time.
>>
I listened to this so loud that my ears felt like they were bleeding and I couldn't hear right for an hour
>>
https://consequenceofsound.net/2013/06/the-mars-voltas-de-loused-in-the-comatorium-down-the-rat-hole-10-years-later/

really cool article about the story behind this album
>>
IF YOU ONLY KNEW THE PLANS THEY HAD FOR US
>>
>>74117038
No idea, but their next album was legit prog rock, check it out if you haven't already, best prog album from this century by far
>>
My single favorite album of all time.
>>
>>74117234
Same, I still can't get enough of it
>>
>EXO-SKELETAL JUNCTION AT THE RAILROAD DELAYED

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>74117200
I like De-loused but that was kind of a rubbish article.
>>
It shares a lot of things in common with prog rock. Odd time signatures, guitar solos, long songs, concept album, and it is pretty adventurous for a rock album.

The unfortunate thing with "progressive rock" (and metal for that matter) is that it became more of a genre instead of being about actually progressing a genre. The Mars Volta manage to fall into the actually progressive side of things, bringing post hardcore into the mix.
>>
>>74117758
why was it rubbish? I never knew about their friend that killed himself
>>
Progressive rock progressed into post hardcore
>>
>>74117784
I just felt it pandered to the album a little bit too much. Felt too much like gushing. I also did know about the concept behind the album, and I thought the article would be about the album's production "story" and not the conceptual "story." Perhaps it didn't deserve to be called rubbish, it just wasn't what I was looking for.
>>
post-progressive hardcore
>>
>>74117038
Yea it sounds like At The Drive in with a couple of noisy interludes. Refused did it better.

Francis the Mute and Mechamputechture are where TMV became something special imo
>>
Frances the Mute also has a really cool story behind it.
>>
>>74118042
like a real story? or is it a concept album?

I'm not gonna listen to frances the mute until I get bored of de-loused
>>
>>74118108
Half and half? It's based on a real story, just told through their really, really impressionistic lyrics.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.