[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so special about Black Flag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0105.jpg (101KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
101KB, 640x400px
What's so special about Black Flag?
>>
>>74113861
they be fucking radical and you know it
>>
They let you seem dark/troubled for enjoying them. It's like the Swans of Hardcore.
>>
>>74113861
They were able to justify their anger in their lyrics.
>>
TV PARTY TONIGHT
>>
>>74113861
Nothing. Their signature recordings aged terribly in every single aspect.
>>
>>74113861
Honest raw anger. Henry is entertaining. They didn't want to conform, even to the punks. The best kind of edgy.
>>
They invented sludge metal
>>
>>74113861
Relatable lyrics, tight songwriting, Henry is a beast. On their later albums they have really tight instrumentation too. Listen to Who's Got the 10/2? sometime.
>>
Is it just me or is their production really fucking quiet? I can barely hear Damaged.
>>
>>74114007
generally use replayGain or just turn up the fucking volume
>>
>>74114007
also look up "loudness war"

also yeah it's you
>>
>>74114050
It's not that, it's just that all of the instruments merge together into a quiet, muddy mess. Unless that's the point.
>>
>>74113915
HILL STREET BLUES
>>
Nervous Breakdown is the best template for a traditional punk release being a short EP that's straight to the point.
My War is among the first albums that does sludgy music, codifying the genre.
Family Man's second side is very interesting take on jazz (if that's what you can call it.)
>>
Henry Rollins cult of personality. Minor Threat is better anyway
>>
What's their best album? Or where should I start and what should I listen to next?
>>
>>74114914
nervous breakdown and damaged for more straight punk, then my war and slip it in when you're ready to move forward. after that then their later stuff and lastly the process of weeding out
>>
File: IMG_0106.jpg (75KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
75KB, 500x721px
le ice cream man
>>
Damn I didn't know Moot was in a band
>>
>>74114644
DALLAS
>>
>>74113881
fpbp
>>74113956
Not even that they didn't want to conform, they just didn't care about it. They wore whatever they wanted. Greg Ginn dressed like a fucking dork half the time. They also played whatever they wanted.

>>74113962
also this

>>74114007
My War is definitely way too quiet

>>74114720
Family Man is pretty underrated desu

Pic related is their absolute best work though. Blurs the line between hardcore and metal so well. Plus the drums on that record are godly.
>>
File: Black_Flag_-_Slip_It_In_cover.jpg (23KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Flag_-_Slip_It_In_cover.jpg
23KB, 280x280px
>>74115190
motherfuck forgot pic related
>>
>>74115206
Easily their best album. I never really got into any of the ones that came after it.
>>
>>74114755
Rollins and MacKaye grew up together and even got into punk music together.

It just feels wrong to pit the two against each other.
>>
>>74114755
it is better but I can barely understand the lyrics
>>
>>74113881
this
>>
Is it acceptable to wear a Black Flag shirt in public?
>>
>>74116219
yes but only if you are a cool guy
are you a cool guy?
>>
>>74116246
The big kids at school don't bully me.
>>
>>74116263
you are a cool guy then
>>
>>74116219
If you have to ask then no
>>
Cool band but the whole skinhead thing is problematic.
>>
>>74115088

Jesus, even at that time look at his chiselled jaw and masculine physique.
>>
>>74116362
hes short though so it balances it out i guess
>>
>>74115107
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
>>
>>74116665
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
>>
>>74113861
If you have to ask. you'll never understand.
>>
QUINCYYYY
>>
The Process of Weeding Out instrumental EP shouldn't be forgotten about.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.