[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on The Strokes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: The_Strokes_by_Roger_Woolman.jpg (17KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
The_Strokes_by_Roger_Woolman.jpg
17KB, 250x200px
Opinions on The Strokes?
>>
New York hipster bullshit. I like a couple of their songs, though.
>>
First album was AWESOME, the rest was SHIT
>>
GOAT hands down
>>
People love talking shit about people that were mean to Nardwuar but when you show them the video where he interviews The Strokes they shut up real quick
>>
Kinda remind me of Television in a way.
>>
>>74113202
Derivative but they have some catchy tunes.
>>
I haven't really listened to them much lately, but Is This It was the Album that got me interested in music for the first time, around 4 years ago I think?

I also really like most of their other work too, although I'm not the biggest fan of Comedown Machine

Favourite songs are probably Barely Legal, Gratisfaction, and You Talk Way Too Much
>>
>>74113202
Good band, although their sound cam get a little repetitive. Made what had to be one of the all-time best debut albums
>>74113311
Pretty good comparison.
>>
Is This It is one of the best debuts of all time. I personally think their entire discography is great. Even if you don't like their music, the success/rise of indie rock in the 2000s is objectively due to them
>>
File: 1496085216692.png (538KB, 1024x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1496085216692.png
538KB, 1024x1181px
>>74113334
Their last couple albums have been quite the plummet, especially with the song OBLIVIUS (it gets a little better as it goes on but not by any large margin.) Still remember listening to Reptilia about 6 years ago and getting chills
>>
>>74113364
The only comparable debut album that I can think is Franz Ferdinand's, which is also up there, even if Franz Ferdinand's sound was considerably different from The Strokes'.
>>
I do it every other day
>>
I can listen to Is This It on repeat forever, such a great album.

imo
is this it>room on fire>come down machine>angles>first impressions
>>
>>74113391
I lost my virginity to that record. The girl I was trying to get with had just picked it up that day. I think I lasted through half of "last night"
>>
>>74113432
I'd give that honor to Cindy Lauper's She's so Unusual, as ridiculous as that sounds. There were so many top tens on that record...
>>
>>74113202
first two albums are classic, rest is shit
>>
>>74114498
>rest is shit
pleb
>>
>>74113263
pleb
>>
>>74113716
this happened
>>
>>74113202
Literal industry plants
>>
Insanely overrated
>>
>>74113202
Shite.
>>
the only reason they got pushed when they did was because the yeah yeah yeahs weren't quite ready yet
>>
I'm a fan of the old school Strokes, but their recent stuff is interesting
>>
>>74113311
Yah thats the point
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.