[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did not like this album. At best I felt 5/6 of these songs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1990.jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1990.jpg
69KB, 300x300px
I did not like this album. At best I felt 5/6 of these songs were fairly nauseating duds. How do so many people relate to it? What am I missing?
>>
>>74099003
nobody likes it. first song is good. rest is just pre-teen whiny shit
>>
>>74099018
I only liked washer.
>>
Have you listened to it a second time?
Have you tried opening your mind?
Have you tried turning up the volume?
Have you tried turning down the volume?
>>
>>74099003
Listen to it again some time. The music is relatively complex. The guitarwork is beautiful too.
>>
>>74099036
I listened to it for the first time today. I am very open to new music now more than ever. Maybe when I start to feel better I listen again with a higher volume. But I really didn't like it as of this first listen.
>>
>>74099056
Yeah it's complex but I didn't realate to anything I heard I'd didn't make me feel anything but a little nauseous by the end.
>>
>>74099107
What do you mean 'relate'? What don't you relate to?
>>
>>74099165
I heard that a lot of people related very deeply to this album I felt nothing to it. I read that while trying to find out what was even enjoyed about the album. I don't see it though.
>>
I didn't like it at all on first listen. Only song I liked was Nosferatu Man. I really liked the whole album by the 3rd listen
>>
I honestly feel kinda bad saying it made me nauseous because I feel like it's not that bad objectively and I understand so many other people have a close connection to it. I just really didn't like it after this first listen.
>>
>>74099245
I don't know if I don't like it by the second or If I feel the same now about it as I do know I will not listen to it a third time.
>>
>>74099202
I don't desperately love it myself either or even connect much to it emotionally, but it's very good and I enjoy relistening to it on occasion.
>>
>>74099311
Maybe it's just the fact I hate spoken word.
>>
>>74099350
Fair enough. I don't like the singer much. He sounds sorta dweeby.
>>
>>74099408
But to be fair, they were still teenagers when they made it.
>>
It's one of those classic albums thats praised because of how unique it sounds
still good
>>
>>74099073
i hated it too man. i thought it was overrated garbage, and i feel that it gets too much praise for having two songs that's not in 4/4 but this album grows on you. it's got great dynamics, atmosphere and it's really not crazy technical nor is it trying to be
>>
try not judging after 1 listen you fucking idiot
>>
File: 1500505596961.jpg (23KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1500505596961.jpg
23KB, 337x367px
>>74100182
This
>>74099003
What do you even listen to OP, fucking Mac Demarco?
>>
>>74100134
>it's really not crazy technical nor is it trying to be
It absolutely gives this impression, doesn't it? I love that aspect of it. I would describe it as 'dense'. The music sounds dense to me. Like it isn't trying to waste anything and it knows it isn't.
>>
>>74099073
>I listened to it for the first time today.I am very open to new music now more than ever.
Hurrduurr I only listened to it once, must be bad because I have superior taste. Have you considered necking yourself?
>>
>>74099003
It's a meme album.

Trust me, I've tried to like it too- back when ITAOTS was the meme album of choice. It's only gotten worse every time I've listened to it.
>>
>>74100274
I've been listening to Radiohead, MBV, I used to listen to a lot of metal like atheist and burzum. Also I've been enjoying Brian Eno and occasionally listening to aphex twin.
>>
>>74100596
give it some time. if you feel like listening to it again later down the line, do it but if you don't then don't bother
>>
>>74100490
When you relisten to an album it's because something caught your ear but you didn't get most of it I was that way for kid A but when I relistened to it, it made sense and is now one of my favorite albums. But this was honestly one of the few things I've listened to that had little to no redeeming qualities I wanted to know what others thought of it so I could possibly look for those in a second listen.

And no reason to be a cunt I'm trying to respect people who do enjoy it because I understand for whatever reason people are close to this album. I just wanted to know why.
>>
>>74100182
>Getting angry over some guy not liking an album

You have no have a nice life life
>>
>>74100134
>>74100296

The dynamics are noticeably fantastic too, like you said. Reminds me of Nirvana.
>>
>>74100596
Hmm weird, MBV and Burzum are some of my favorite and bands, and I love Spiderland.

Just give it another chance if you feel like it. I'm sure it'll grow on you.
>>
It took a few listens for me. I didn't like it at first, but actually just the other day, for some reason, it REALLY clicked for me, and I like it a lot now.

The melodies are very winding and eerie sometimes, and there's something about it that gives off this strong impression that the band members are all really getting into the groove of the song behind the singer.
>>
>>74099036
he should trying fucking killing himself
>>
>>74101743
Stockholm Syndrome
>>
>>74102098
Enough with this damned Stockholm Syndrome meme. I listened to it, didn't understand it, listened to it again, really listened to the lyrics, and thought about what made it unique, and what others appreciate about it, and it allowed me to appreciate it more.

It also helped that I've been getting into Post Punk and Goth lately, and been attending house concerts, so my tastes happened to be changing in Spiderland's direction.

Just because some people don't write music off on one listen, and put patience and thought into trying new music doesn't mean there's something wrong with them.
>>
>CREEPING UP INTO THE SKYYYYYYY

>I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUU

both 10/10 moments

rest of the album is like an 8 but those 2 moments make this one of the best albums of all time imho
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.