[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /mu/ obsessed with nu-males? Is it just projection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

Why is /mu/ obsessed with nu-males? Is it just projection?
>>
/mu/ has the highest concentration of nu males in all of 4chan, no wonder it's a hot topic
>>
people are sick of nu-males shitting up the board with trap rap and shitty waifu pop
>>
Summer. :)
>>
>>74097551
Oh yeah absolutely, music is more liberal medium in general. It's 100% projection.
>>
/metal/ retards posting outside their containment thread.
>>
I don't understand why people hate nu-males. What have they done this board? What's wrong with them?
>>
hmm, let's do a rundown of the most posted genres on /mu/

>metal
>rap
>bleeps
>hot dog water rock music

yes, it is projection
>>
Can I get a definition for "nu-males" the word has been used so many times on this board in so many different ways, I lose track of its intended use.
>>
>>74097674
it originally meant beta gamer males but instead of the neckbeard /v/ types it referred to whiteknighting neo-progressive types
>>
File: NuMale-graphic.jpg (401KB, 1050x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NuMale-graphic.jpg
401KB, 1050x1080px
>>74097674
>Can I get a definition for "nu-males"
might i suggest actually reading the text on the nu male chart? it's a very specific definition
>>
>>74097551
nu male is basically a better word for hipster in 2017 and we're on the biggest den of hipsters on this site and it's 2017, so it make sense
>>
>>74097819
>nu male is basically a better word for hipster in 2017
ding ding ding, we have a winner. it's the same idea that has been in metal discussions for many years now, only the terms have changed. first it was "hipster metal", then "atmoshit", now "nu male core". same shit, different names
>>
File: image.png (503KB, 639x823px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
503KB, 639x823px
>>74097779
What's the label for people like this?
>>
>>74097716
wrong
>>74097674
a 'new male' has always been what an older generation calls the perceived effeminate, weaker men of the current generation. there's obvious truth to it because as we progress through society, gender roles don't matter as much, which is why in Africa you have "wherever I go, I must rape" but in Europe you have twinkle boys wearing scarfs.

so, if you're a decidedly 'traditional man,' then anyone who is caught dead
-caring about their hair
-wearing goddamn finger paint
-putting on eyeliner
-being generally scrawny or unable to fight

will inspire disgust. "nu-male" is just 4chan's own word for it
>>
The term Nu-Male is a dumb term invented by primitive men who are triggered that it's now not as much of a social taboo to like feminine stuff
>>
>>74097865
alpha
>>
>>74097779
I have glasses and a beard but don't fall into any other of these categories. Am i nu male
>>
>>74097865
>What's the label for people like this?
undercover FBI agents
>>
>>74097779
>not a single picture of Jimmy/Parker
Shit chart
>>
>>74097863
i do think it's a better term than hipster tho, because by normie standards everyone on this board is a hipster, but nu male has a distinct image that defines it
>>
>>74097819
Both of these terms are overused and have basically no meaning anymore. You can't define Hipster in the same way you can't define Nu-male.

The word Hipster has been so overused it basically has no definition, therefore, it's a null word. The traditional definition for Hipster is someone who inserts themselves into sub-cultures without any knowledge or experience in said sub-culture. However, in recent years the word has been used to talk down to anyone with an interest in music that goes beyond top 40 and Pop music, as a means for normies to cloud their own insecurities about having no real knowledge of music.
>>
>>74097975
>you can't define Nu-male.
see >>74097779 you fuckin idiot
>>
>>74098004
>A Hipster is a Numale and a Numale is a Hipster...

fuck off, I was talking about defining nu male with the vague term Hipster.
>>
>>74098033
>>A Hipster is a Numale and a Numale is a Hipster...
said no one ever
>fuck off, I was talking about defining nu male with the vague term Hipster.
did you have a stroke? you're not making sense. are you ok?
>>
>>74097551

spillover from the /pol/ board
>>
>>74097865
Isn't that Blake Shelton?
>>
>>74098075
Seriously are you just acting brain-dead right now?

The anon I was originally replying to (could possibly be you, you both seem a little retarded) said

However, you obviously can't define nu male with Hipster since the word Hipster basically has no actual meaning nowadays.
Once again, there is no actual definition for Nu Male because - like Hipster - the word is overused and used incorrectly.
>>
It's infested with nu-males from twitter and tumblr and summer break
>>
File: NYCpol.jpg (120KB, 1374x1031px) Image search: [Google]
NYCpol.jpg
120KB, 1374x1031px
>>74098093
This. Nu-males exist (see >>74097779) but at the same time posters who come here to piss and moan about them are infinitely more irritating and pathetic. The term used to have meaning but now it has become a catch all insult for "classic alpha males" like pic related who come here just so they can act like autistic faggots.
>>
>>74097551
because they shit up everything they touch.
>>
>>74098188
this is true, but it doesnt mean the terms are synonymous. you are right that hipster is a meaningless word because its been around too long and is used too loosely, but nu male hasnt been around so long and does describe a specific archetype
>>
>>74098207
The kiddiewinkie radar is off the charts at the moment.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>74097879
>alpha
>>
>>74097865
Untermensch
>>
>>74098177
Holy shit
>>
File: kekistan.jpg (91KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
kekistan.jpg
91KB, 1080x720px
>>74097865
DUDE IM SO BASED LMAO, I BET YOU VOTED FOR HILARY KEK NUMALES, PIZZAGATE, IRONIC RACISM
>>
>>74098786
Between the airport front, the nose, and lack of eyebrows, I can't decide which is worse
>>
>>74097865
that's what a man looks like, nu-male
>>
>>74098786
clearly a falseflag, no true citizen of kekistan would look like this
>>
>>74098209

Why can I smell this photo
>>
u r a numale hope you feel bad now
>>
File: ??☝.png (121KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
??☝.png
121KB, 420x420px
>>74099683
>>>:((
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.