[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most Overrated King Crimson Studio Album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Red.jpg (54KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
54KB, 375x375px
I'm sorry but I can't seem to fucking like this album no matter how hard I try, the only track I like on it is "Starless" and even then I prefer the live versions performed by the Fripp-Wetton-Cross-Bruford lineup. I believe LTiA is by far the better studio album for 73-4 KC and that The Great Deceiver live releases are best of all for 73-4 KC
>>
Posting the best Starless version.
https://youtu.be/FhKJgqxNDD8
>>
>>74088429
I've listened to that too but I don't like the overstuffed sound to it, there's too much going on; listening to the versions off of The Great Deceiver sound like that was the way it was meant to be heard
>>
File: Bait.jpg (562KB, 1557x1557px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
562KB, 1557x1557px
>>74088429
>contains reworked LTiA and Red material, in addition to proto-Discipline material
>is better than a fair share of the KC discography
>>
>>74088381
lol that's my favorite album of them, proto 90s.
>>
>>74088381
Prefer Red to lTiA desu
>>
>>74088381
It's one of their more structurally complex records. You won't find a single track on that record that's as simple as stuff on ITCOTKC or the track Larks' Tongues In Aspic Pt. 2

Their most overrated is their debut by far considering that it's just pop music with some extended instrumentals that are very simplistic compared to their later stuff.
>>
I think its a rather understated album. Its definitely not my favorite, but it fits in perfectly mid way through my other favorite Crimson records.

I'd rather go for Crimson King, Discipline, and Lark's Tongue. But Red is a perfect fit in there.
>>
Their first is the most overrated actually
>>
>>74090064
>conveniently forgets 80s material
>>
>>74090064
you seem to forget that structural complexity =/= quality
>>
File: cover.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
LTiA > *
>>
>>74090595
they made the complexity completely accessible on red though
>>
>>74090672
Discipline is far more complex than Red could ever dream to be yet it's second only to Beat in terms of accessibility
>>
>>74090129
Their 80s stuff is very rhythmically complex, but is simpler in other ways compared to Red.
>>74090595
In this case yes it does.
1. Your own personal opinion isn't worth shit in a discussion like this.
2. The more depth there is in a particular work of music, the more the listener is capable of engaging with it, and the more replay value it has
3. Sure the above can have exceptions, but it mainly comes in the form of the music being visceral or atmospheric. ITCOTKC and Larks are neither as heavy as Red nor as upbeat as their 80s stuff. They also lack the kind of timbre to really create ambient soundscapes unlike quite a few of their peers.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.