[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Bowie work, biggest pleb filter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: lodger.jpg (22KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
lodger.jpg
22KB, 350x350px
Thoughts
>>
true
>>
>>74087580
"Lodger" is probably the biggest pleb filter but his best album is either "Low" or ""Heroes""
>>
>>74087580
it's a bad album though
>>
>>74087792
ok
>>
What was with the trend of everyone copying talking heads around that time? Both Bowie and King Crimson already had their own established style but released albums that are practically straight-up Talking Heads influenced.
>>
Lol it's rushed and barely finished but yeah contrarians like to say it's the best
>>
>>74087953
You are seeming to overlook the fact that Fripp and Adrian Belew BOTH worked with the Heads and Bowie at separate times, whereas Tony Levin had worked with Fripp on Fripp's 'Exposure' album and the first two Peter Gabriel releases; this leaves Bill Bruford, who was off doing jazz fusion experimentation at this time
>>
>>74087779
Or the whole berlin trilogy at this point.
>>
>>74087961
It's not really contrarian to like it, it's the most accessible album of the Berlin trilogy, Which is why most critics hate it. Not liking it is contrarian because it's poppy and no instrumentals or experimental stuff.
>>
>>74087961
>it's rushed and barely finished
Wot
>>
>>74087779
low is garbage though
heroes is his second best after lodger
>>
>>74088031
>low is garbage though
Care to explain?
>>
>>74088031
the only inherently "bad" quality that "Low" has is that it's rough around the edges, but that's the exact fucking point of the album, it's an album made on cocaine withdrawal
>>
>>74087792
Ok
>>
>>74087580
Really depends on what release you're listening to, some of the reissues sound like shit
>>
>>74088031
>Low
>Garbage

Stop listening to music.
>>
>>74088031
>insults a beloved album on /mu/
>expects opinion to be respected
>>
my favorite bowie album are [spoiler]earthling and heathen[/spoiler]

Do I have no taste?
>>
>>74088755
CORRECT
>>
>>74088755
what the fuck man
>>
>>74088755
Yeah. What the fuck man.
earthling sounds like a psx game ost
>>
>>74088755
Naw at earthling and heathen are top 10
>>
>>74087580
SOMETIMES I FEEL

THE NEED TO MOVE ON
>>
>>74089283
I AM A DJ
I AM WHAT I PLAY
>>
>>74089283
CAN'T FORGET YOU
CAN'T FORGET YOU
>>
LOOK BACK IN AAANGEER
FEEL IT IN MY VOICE
>>
>>74089283
SLITHER DOWN THE GREASY PIPES
>>
>>74089885
are you trying to see if we've listened to 'Lodger'

just kidding, I like 'Joe the Lion' too, Fripp is a beast
>>
>>74089283
PROJECT CANCELLED
TUMBLING CENTRAL
REEEEEED MOOOONEEEEY
>>
>>74089283
WEEEE'RE

LEARNING TO LIVE WITH SOMEBODY'S DEPRESSION
>>
>>74088084
low to heroes is like pablo honey to the bends
>>
>>74088642
>a beloved album on /mu/
Nobody cares about bowie except for a bunch of normies.
>>
>>74089283
CAUSE I'LL NEVER SAY ANYTHING NICE AGAIN
HOW CAN IIIIIIIIIIII
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.