[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Chester's death objectively more important than bowies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: images (4).jpg (16KB, 420x281px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
16KB, 420x281px
Why is Chester's death objectively more important than bowies?
>>
Because he actually made good music.
>>
>>74087498
Cause you are a child that lacks culture
>>
3 good albums (HT, Meteora, ATS) > 2 good albums (Heroes, Low)
>>
>>74087516
>le cultured /mu/ drone
Give me a break
>>
because it was suicide as opposed to cancer?
>>
He's the Kurt Cobain of this generation, anon.
>>
Bowie had lived a full life. He was one of my absolute favourite artists but he was 69 when he died. With his substance abuse earlier in his life too it showed that he was able to make a huge impact and live his life to the fullest, Chester on the other hand was 41 and didn't die of natural causes at all. Plus, more people have their fond memories of Linkin Park fresher in their mind since people around during Bowie's most successful years have all aged and have had time to come to terms with the fact that entertainers they love will go. Chester's death showed people that people could go at any point. He's not the only example in recent years (Prodigy is another) but it was simply far more shocking than Bowie's death.
>>
It's really not
>>
1. suicide
2. he was young
3. He was still in his music making prime
4. he made better music
>>
>>74087841
One of these things is not like the others
>>
>>74087516
>Bowie
>cultured
wew lad
>>
>>74087598
Unironically this
>>
I can't wait until summer is over and all you faggots are back in school.
>>
>>74087915
you're 5 years too late dude
>>
Bowie had lived a full life and gotten all the music he could out before he died. Chester still had more he could do, and seemingly had so much to live for. 5 other band members, a wife and 6 kids, it was such a shock hearing about this. It also makes me think of how people always joked about Linkin Park being "la edgy". Even me, a linkin park fan since 10 years old didn't take the lyrics seriously half the time. Now that this happened, I'm basically just thinking like "Wow, he meant every word of it". It's so strange too, listening to their music now. Anytime I hear his voice, it feels like I'm listening to a ghost. Now that he's dead there's nothing on this earth that could reproduce the sound that I hear on his albums. That sound no longer exists, yet I can still hear it through a CD. It's so fucking surreal.
>>
>>74087984
He got out of alcoholism, everything was getting better for him and suddenly this. The worst is that it probably wasn't planned. He probably delved into depression, just played with fire making a knot and hanged himself without thinking. It was clear nobody expected this.
>>
>>74087915
>Tfw can't go to school with hybrid theory on mp3 and edgelord in the back of the bus.

I never thought how much I would actually miss this.
>>
>>74087555
>He's the Kurt Cobain of this generation
no hes not. Not by a long shot
>>
>>74087498
Says literally who?
>>
because chester has more effect on current music and music in the years to come
bowie is more of an icon (relic) for boomers/gen x than a musical influence

Prince was more important desu
>>
Because only old white men and shut-in virgins on /mu/ cared about Bowie.
>>
File: cce1qhL.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cce1qhL.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>74087841
>4
>>
>>74088818
learn to write proper sentences, guy
>>
He is the first musician death for a critical mass of 20-something year olds.

Fucking everybody knows LP and most people have at the very least a lot of good memories of it. Though I'm of the opinion that HT and Meteora hold up well.
>>
>>74087498
I've never been faced by a celebrity death, it's like crying over some random stranger dying
>>
>>74089911
and only edgelords cared about chester, grow up lp is shite.
>>
File: 1498847383917.jpg (8KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
1498847383917.jpg
8KB, 600x432px
>>74087555
>wut
>>
>>74089994

Don't forget Reanimation nigga. those first 3 defined my music taste from 8-11 or so
>>
>>74087915
It doesn't increment that much
>>
>>74087516
And you are a child that can't properly spell the word "because."
>>
>>74087498
It isnt
>>
It's not. I don't even like Linkin Park aside from A Thousand Suns and Living Things, but this happens everytime someone famous dies.
>>
>>74087498
It wasn't.
The people around when Bowie were at his peak don't know how to use computers.
The people who were around when LP were at their peak are the main users of computers.
Bowie's death touched more people, you just never fucking go outside.
>>74087598
This too.
>>
>>74089680
>>74092073
He's not Kurt but he's about as close to Kurt as this generation got.

Who else is the Kurt Cobain of this generation? Lil Wayne?
>>
it was all well and good for the first few days but i think it's time for threads about this fag to become a bannable offense
>>
Because I listened to Numb about a million times.
>>
File: 1485126357695.jpg (64KB, 600x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1485126357695.jpg
64KB, 600x1148px
>>74087522
>The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
>Hunky Dory
>Blackstar

also
>ATS
>good
>>
>>74089680
You're right, he's much more talented than Kurt was.
>>
>>74087876
Bowie was the most "cultured" pop artist of the 20th century
>>
File: 1490390314104.jpg (12KB, 263x350px) Image search: [Google]
1490390314104.jpg
12KB, 263x350px
>>74087516
>implying anyone cultured likes Bowie
lmao
cultured people only like classical, every other form of music just some monkeys playing with tools they don't understand
>>
It's a big deal on the internet because many of us went through the Linkin Park AMV phase
>>
I don't know why but his death affects me more than it should.
>>
>>74087516
>le cultured /mu/tant individual
Dude ur so above everyone else. Can I do ur butt?
>>
one more light was shit but unironically less shit than blackstar
>>
File: chestergate.png (403KB, 628x491px) Image search: [Google]
chestergate.png
403KB, 628x491px
because it will wake you up.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.