[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Fleet Foxes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: crack-up.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
crack-up.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
what do you guys think of crack-up?
>>
A really goofy attempt at being taken seriously.
>>
>>74087069
what do you mean by that?
how is it goofy?
>>
>>74087077
How deconstructive and wide-ranging it tries to be. It's still indie folk.
>>
>>74087093
well it's working on me
all of the modal tonalities in it seem pretty fresh, you don't hear much of that anymore
i guess there's not much to do if you're sick of that sound, though. album of the year imo
>>
>>74087093
Only the first two songs I would say border on goofy. The rest is the same strong songwriting as before with more focus on dynamics than melody or choruses.

That being said I've always found their lyrics goofy.
>>
>>74087135
>>74087077
still not understanding 'goofy'
elaborate
>>
>>74087135
Pecknold couldn't write his way out of a paper box, at least Papa Sean Fistme has lyricism going for him.
>>
>>74087166
did you listen to I Should See Memphis? or On Another Ocean (January / June)? or any of the album?
>>
>>74087187
Yeah, it was basic bitch-core all the way through in terms of lyrics, I Should See Memphis was definitely a highlight for Pecknold's vocals, songcraft and general vibe they were going for.
6/10, should have been more emotionally honest like Helplessness Blues.
>>
>>74087069
>>74087093
I couldn't have said it better myself. This album is so frustrating to listen to.
>>
>>74087238
i felt the songwriting was a lot more raw on crack-up vs. helplessness blues

>>74087261
why is it frustrating to listen to?
>>
File: Goofy_transparent.png (79KB, 479x557px) Image search: [Google]
Goofy_transparent.png
79KB, 479x557px
>>74087152
full-screen this image and put on I am all that I need and cassius
>>
Not as good as Helplessness Blues but still a 8-9
>>
>>74087051
Got it on vinyl a few days ago :)
>>
>>74087333
one of the signed copies?
>>
>>74087274
Every single song has great ideas that are not fully or properly fleshed out. None of the songs on the album are not frustrating for me except for Third of May and maybe Naiads, Cassadies.
>>
>>74087338
No, the regular version...
>>
>>74087126
It's my aoty too. I really think it's excellent. The lyrics reflect how much he's learned about himself and people around him and i feel that he's a really clever person.
I don't know, i love this album.
Their best imo.
>>
>>74087051
Excellent album, solid 8/10
>>
leaps and bounds above helplessness blues, dont listen to these redditors

going back to their previous work sounds makes it sound like the lumineers
>>
I feel like it could be better but overall it has good songs and it flows really well so it is deserving of the praise. It also makes you wonder about what direction they will take next.
>>
Great album
>>
Favorite album of 2017. Linear song structures get me sprung.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.