[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me why this album sucks. if you've listened to it, that is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Linkin_park_reanimation.jpg (157KB, 343x300px) Image search: [Google]
Linkin_park_reanimation.jpg
157KB, 343x300px
tell me why this album sucks.
if you've listened to it, that is.
>>
>>74084569
leaps and bounds better then anything else they've released before or since. by that I mean it's actually listenable
>>
>>74084569
i'm not a fan of harsh and depressing music, if i wanted to feel bad i'd just sit on the couch and do nothing. hearing someone scream about depression in lyrics that could have been written by a high schooler does nothing for me.
>>
Kelli Ali's vocals should have been more prominent on My <Dsmbr. She is a treasure.
>>
I vaguely recall the guy from Staind covering "Crawling". That's my only memory of this album.
>>
Can't because I actually quite like it. The remixes actually fix the failings of the originals in some cases. The only other album I have in my collection like this I can think of is Remanufacture by Fear Factory which applied the same idea of retooling an album from start to finish before this one in like 1995/96.
>>
>>74084569
bought this as a kid and loved it, was super disappointed when i heard their actual music lol
>>
This album will have classic status in a few years because of what's happened
>>
>>74084652
holy shit I forgot about Remanufacture what a good album
>>
>>74084587
https://youtu.be/Wav7x_qwwdo
did you actually listen to it?
>>
>>74084669
>years
More like weeks.
>>
>>74084569
But it doesn't. At one point I even liked the remixed versions of Crawling and Pushing Me Away better than the original ones.
>>
>>74084662
Yeah, same. I used to listen to Pts.OF.Athrty ALL the time. One time, I asked my dad to burn me a CD with it on there, but he accidentally put on the album version and I was like, "Uh... what the hell is this lame version?"
>>
>>74084587
Instrumental album, faggot
>>
Why did Linkin Park have such awful album covers? I'm genuinely asking, all of them are abysmal.
>>
>>74085065
You're not trying to say that Reanimation is an instrumental album, right? Because it's not...
>>
>generic cringy lyrics
>weak beat
>terrible delivery
>horrible production
gee, i wonder why this album sucks donkey dick aswell OP
>>
>>74084569
Did Linkin Park have the most 'gamer geek' aesthetic of all the big bands?

They always reminded me, personally, but also aesthetically, of so many hardcore gamer types I knew growing up.
>>
>>74085078
Why do you have such shit taste in album covers?
>>
>>74085078
There are just so many different circuits of 'taste' running alongside each other.

It's really weird to me taking a gander over at Linkin Park videos and album covers. So many aesthetic choices that are laughable to me, coming from these really uncool gamer and geek worlds mixed with SoCal tweaker bro elements and generic commercialized edgecore / grimdark.

There are just... whole worlds of taste where people have zero connection to any remotely cooler styles or histories and these alternate lineages had developed.

Even 4chan is one such place. It has some diversity a little bit between different fandoms and interests, but generally the meme culture draws on a history of anime dweeb culture that is so far removed from hip culture or the art world that while interesting evolutions have happened here in its visual culture, 4chan's conversations about art (or taste in it, go look over at /ic/) are dire.
>>
>>74085197
Hi my name is Mike.

I like to type.
>>
>>74085197
You probably like nigger "culture" aesthetics
>>
>>74085393
A lot of them, yeah. I think blacks are up there with whites as far as kicking ass creatively in the 20th Century onward.
>>
>>74085453
Yeah, so you basically have shit taste. I ain't defending linkin park though.
>>
>>74085505
Yeah, so basically you're a cunt.
>>
>>74085571
t. nigger lover
>>
>>74084669
>will have
more like have had
>>
File: 1488623986606.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488623986606.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>74084970

>be me driving with my dad
>turn up the radio and get all excited when Pts.OF.Athrty came up
>he actually has patrician taste
>must have been thinking, fuck this kids a little emo faggot
>>
>>74085588
^^^ Imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>74084569
the Enth E Nd remix is horrible, but the rest is quite good. i'd go as far as to say Frgt/10 is better than the original
>>
>>74085658
t. nigger lover
>>
>>74085691
^^^ Imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>74085197
/ic/ is not about discussing art, as in art movements per and concepts se. That's on you. It's way more focused on actually developing some technical know how. Can't fault something for not having what you desire when that wasn't its focus from the beginning.
>>
the last half of by_myslf is probably one of the best nu-metal songs
>>
>>74085629
More like
Shut up
>>
Sucks?
Reanimation is one of the greatest albums ever released.
>>
>>74085691
imagine loving white cock this much
>>
>>74085696
Less retarded than you :-)
>>
>>74085802
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>74084569
I loved that album and listened it religiously every day when i was 13 and had even the poster.
>>
File: 1495755206515.png (647KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
1495755206515.png
647KB, 800x670px
Regardless or whatever turn of events lead to this I'm 26 years old and listening to the same album I non-stop listened to when I was 13 alone on a saturday night, this makes me unhappy, I really havn't progressed that much as a person.
>>
>>74084569
It doesn't. It's their best album.
>>
>>74085884
who fucking cares?
maybe you only developed your taste pretty fast.
maybe you're not the type of guy who abandons what he loves and adapt because of social pressure.
maybe you are simple-minded.
but for christs sake could you please have the balls to stand for the things you like?
>>
File: dog.png (177KB, 664x520px) Image search: [Google]
dog.png
177KB, 664x520px
>>74085806
>>
its the first album I bought with my own money.
I didnt know it was a remix album, i saw the album art and thought it was hybrid theory. I was dissapointed at first but started to like a lot of the songs on there, maybe even more then their originals.
>>
>>74086018
This post should be the /mu/ sticky.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.