[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy FUCK this album is so horrible. I am a huge Lana fan and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: cover.jpg (219KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
219KB, 1280x1280px
holy FUCK this album is so horrible. I am a huge Lana fan and haven't felt this terrible about a release ever. I thought All of the singles she released off it were awful as well but my god this thing as a collection of shit is even shittier. What the fucked happened?

She also looks like an ugly dirty spic in the album art too.
>>
the album is very boring desu, I would like to hear the opinion of someone that liked it. I even liked Kacy Hill's album more than this. is this a case of waifuism influencing opinions on the album?
>>
>>74083628
>is this a case of waifuism influencing opinions on the album?
It must be. I still maintain the opinion that her unreleased stuff is way better than any album she's come out with, but Honeymoon and Ultraviolence were both fantastic compared to this.

Let's take the chorus "take off take off take of all your clothes" Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? I don't mind super shitty lyrics and she's done shit lyrics amazingly well but not here. I really cannot believe that it's this bad. The few songs I think are okay are ruined by obnoxious rapping features.
>>
File: 4672.png (1MB, 1050x898px) Image search: [Google]
4672.png
1MB, 1050x898px
>>74083597
>I am a huge Lana fan
>this album is so horrible
yea no to both buddy
>>
>>74084301
So you think it's all shit, but it's even worse for some of us, as there is a massive shock. It's like a massive wall of shit and there's no way over or around it, only through it.
>>
>>74083597
I liked Cherry, that's about it
>>
>>74085088
Would be 3400% better if they didn't add in the random "FUCK" and "BITCH" every 10 seconds.

I don't really see any of these tracks growing on me either.
>>
>>74083597
you need to clear your bowels, start eating better and getting some sleep -- and drink lots of water, no caffeine. After a couple of weeks you'll start to feel better,, and them maybe you'll appreciate what is surely the best album of the firsst 6 months of 2017.

(also: you're not folling anyone, claiming to be a lana fan, bro.)
>>
>>74083597
At this point she's never going to give us anything real. Her music is just so fucking worthless.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (30KB, 259x575px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
30KB, 259x575px
>>74085238
>anything real
Kind of hard to be "real" when you have fucking 6 other people writing your music for you.

You look at the super trash cochealla song and see that there's only 2 credited writers haha. This is probably part of why I prefer her unreleased stuff.
>>
>>74083673
This is the same person that said "My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola"
She has always been one of the shittiest lyricists around
>>
I enjoy Lana del Rey's body of work. I'm not a fan of her music, though she does have a nice voice.
>>
>>74085464
>Playboi Carti is credited as a writer on my album

jesus fuck
>>
>>74085464
>>74085473
o god
>>
she peaked at ultraviolence
honeymoon and now this just scream shes creatively bankrupt
>>
>>74085464
It's not like the music was the ever focus for her anyway, she has always been an image-first artist
>>
>>74085464
>Kind of hard to be "real" when you have fucking 6 other people writing your music for you.
Fuck you for making me sound like an SJW but would you say this shit about a male, or males?
If your favourite band put out a song and all the members were credited with writing it, is that a sign that the lead singer, also credited, somehow had others write the song for him or her?
>>
>>74085570
>she has always been an image-first artist
Almost every female artist is, anon.
>>
>>74085585
>but would you say this shit about a male, or males?
yes
>>
>>74085585
Not him, but I would say this about a male. I would say this about anyone.
>>
>>74084301
>A Horse Shaped Plant
That should be the new Radiohead album title
>>
>>74085473
You're missing my point. I love some of her shit lyrics "he loves my heart shaped Sun glasses / he loves the heart shape my ass is" the difference is what song these lyrics are in. If it's some up beat fun pop sounding song I'm not bothered by it at all, but when it's in a slow boring as hell song and is being sung in such a way and as a chorus it's a bit different.

Don't even get me started on the whole "muh short film pls take me seriously when I reference paradise lost" bullshit. You can write songs about your ass and pussy or write about Christian poetry, but you can't write about both and expect anyone to take you seriously.
>>
lana did THAT and u guys keep calling her bad lmao it's just too much

Topanga is hot tonight, the city by the bay
Has movie stars and liquor stores and soft decay
The rumbling from distant shores sends me to sleep
But the facts of life, can sometimes make it hard to dream

Life rocked me like Motley
Grab me by the ribbons in my hair
Life rocked me, ultra-softly
Like the heavy metal that you wear

Flying to the moon again
Dreaming about heroin
Probably gave you everything
And took your life away
I put you on an aeroplane
Destined for a foreign land
I thought that you'd come back again
To tell me everything's
Okay (eh, eh, babe, yeah)

Topanga is hot today
Manson's in the air
And all my friends have come
'Cause they still feel him here
I want to leave
I'll probably stay another year
It's hard to live when absolutely nothing's clear

Life rocked me like Motley
[?] Kean into my new year
Life rocked me, ultra-softly
Like the heavy metal that you hear

Flying to the moon again
Dreaming about heroin
And how I gave you everything
And took your life away
I put you on an aeroplane
Destined for a foreign land
I thought that you'd come back again
To tell me everything's
Okay

It's fucking hot, hot
Winter in the city
Something 'bout this weather
Made these kids go crazy
It's hot
Even for February
Something 'bout this sun
Has made these kids get scary
Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit
Oh, oh my god
Tripping off from the walls into the darks and shit
I'll be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it
Lead me baby
Come on

Flying to the moon again
Dreaming about marzipan
Taking all my medicine
To take my thoughts away
I'm getting on that aeroplane
Leaving my old man again
I hope that I'd come back again one day
To tell you that I
Really changed
Baby

It's hot, hot
Something 'bout the city
Don't know what he is
And make my head get crazy
Makes me feel like I can change
All of my evil ways and shit
Hmm, hmm
I'll be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it <3
>>
>>74085585
Yes, this goes for any artist I don't care the gender. I guess time kind of stretching it, because I really don't listen to other artists as shallow and vapid as Lana... And now you just straight up have me questioning why I like her music in the first place. I was going to say something about how you can't fake the emotion you pour into your music and have it come off as genuine. Something like imagine if Ian Curtis, Trent Renor and Morrissey all had teams of people writing their lyrics for them. Could all of the power and raw emotion come across on their work? Not at all, and a big part of the appeal would be lost. All completely irrelevant to Miss "my implants are starting to make me look like a clown cuz I'm thirty something now"
>>
>>74085526
You realize it was OP posting the credited writers screen cap? I'm still here.
>>
>>74085744
>lana did THAT and u guys keep calling her bad lmao it's just too much

Did what? What are you accomplishing by posting lyrics?
>>
>>74085770
To me it wouldn't matter if those artists would have had or worked with writers, if it helps them get out what they want to say. I don't really care how many writers a song has.

I do care about how "honest" the music is though. Everything she does just sounds manufactured, from her image to the music.

The most authentic parts of her music are the lyrics, which also sound like things she wished she experienced, and is also the worst part because she is a terrible lyricist.
>>
Im into Tumblr white girls heavy so I imagine Lana is singing about me and that about does it for me.
>>
The first 3 tracks and the last 2 tracks are all god-tier. The rest of the album is pretty eh.
>>
>>74086183

>god-tier

1) sup, reddit 2) get a sense of scale.
>>
>>74085544

she isn't an artist. She has an army of producers. The quality of the music has zero to do with her beyond vocal performances.
>>
>>74086250
why do retards feel the need to lie so much on the internet? is your life that boring?
>>
File: fuckit.png (32KB, 770x428px) Image search: [Google]
fuckit.png
32KB, 770x428px
>>74086263

Name the lie.
>>
>>74086263

It's ok to be in denial, sweetie. It's always hard to find out your idol is a hack. Best of luck with the next 4 stages of your grief.
>>
>>74085744
Literally convinced me to never listen to a lana song again gg retard markter
>>
>>74083597
I liked a few of the songs, wouldn't call it horrible but it's not great either
I'm feeling a light 6 on this thing TRAN-

-SITION what did you think of this album? did you love it? did you hate it? what would you rate it? you're the best, you're the best, what should I review next?
anal gay day, lust for cock, forever
>>
>>74083597
>holy FUCK this album is so horrible

it's lana del rey what the fuck did you expect you retard?
>>
>>74085616
underrated
>>
>>74085744
>did that

Nice cultural appropriation of black gay culture slang you white twink faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>always disliked her music, mainly bcs her singles sounded like generic pop trash trying to be 2deep
>not even bothered to listen to 1 album or anythin else
>woke up today, didnt know what to listen to so went to check out the new releases in spotify
>new NIN, maybe later tront
>see this album listed, decide to give it a shot before hitting the shower
>first couple of tracks "hey, this isnt that bad, getting a later day Cocteau Twins/Elysian Fields vibe"
>start thinking I was wrong the whole time about her music
>Summer bummer comes up, I know it was the single
>sudenly a bunch of autotuned negros and generic beats pop up
>mfw the rest of the songs sound like this generic pop trash with "dreamy" vocals
couldnt get past Coachaella

what the fuck is the deal with murricans obsessed with the "beats" and having guest rappers literally everywhere??
>>
ultraviolence was a guilty pleasure but damn this sucked

adding trap drums to lana del rey is an embarassing idea, it all sounds like white girl fantasy music
it has a song called coachella ffs
>>
>>74088849
>couldn't get past coachella
you do know that you missed out on the best songs the album has to offer?
and what's the deal with everyone complaining about her featuring asap&co if you're not into that stuff just skip the song?
>>
>>74088886
take your faggotry out of here and kill yourself normie scum
>>
>>74088886
tbqh, I skipped to the song that followed, it started ok with the "acustic" guitar but 30 seconds later just became another shitty "beat-centered" shit modern pop.
Rather listen to Elysian Field, Sade or fucking Cowboy Junkies senpai.
>>
>>74088886
>OMG YOU MISSED BEST SONGS EVUUURRR!!! :3
>>
>>74083597
Did you really use the word spic? Are you an oldfag?
>>
>>74088876
yeah she peaked after UV. this trap shit she keeps fucking with. isn't for her
>>
>>74089315
she has never been good you retard
>>
>>74089322

There hasn't been a better pop album released than Born To Die
>>
>>74089322
she has been good.
>>
>>74089400
>>74089452
then listen to more pop music or be deaf for the rest of your life
>>
>>74085616
kek
>>
>>74089294
No anon. I'm a 21 year old kissless hugless virgin.

>>74088849
>autotuned negros

Topkek
>>
>>74088849
The better songs are actually after coachella lmao, the album isn't bad but UV is still better for sure
>>
>>74083597
This is the best album of 2017. You're all retarded cucks.
>>
>>74090723
see >>74089507

or just kys
>>
Lana has too much trust in her producers and engineers to not fuck her over; if you go back to the stuff she recorded by herself on a MacBook in Garageband you'll realize their only function is just to dump canned ProTools diarrhea all over her brilliant solo stuff

Lots of good ideas and melodies but the production is a bit OTT, and the excessive dynamic range compression does it a great disservice
>>
>>74091782
time to die
>>
>>74091782
"Smarty" might be the single best LDR song in existence.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.