[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would someone listen to digitally created music on vinyl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Why would someone listen to digitally created music on vinyl? There are literally no benefits
>>
File: Cursed_dfeac7_6288572.jpg (75KB, 576x573px) Image search: [Google]
Cursed_dfeac7_6288572.jpg
75KB, 576x573px
Why would someone spend money on exotic cars and never drive them? There are literally no benefits
>>
File: confusedblackman.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
confusedblackman.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>74080639
>>
>>74080639
I don't get the analogy.
>>
>mfw Autechre intends for you to listen to their music on vinyl for the surface noise to complete the experience

huh, wow
>>
>>74080747
>>74081187
People with money like to spend it on collecting things normies dont understand, but never really use them much anyways
>>
>>74079997
The vinyl release might use a better master than the digital formats.
>>
>>74081541
Highly unlikely that a vinyl record would have access to a better master than the PURE digital recording, uncompressed. Anything recorded digitally will be a purer listen as a WAV file than vinyl.
>>
>>74081560
Not talking about the source, talking about the mastering. It's not uncommon for the digital master to be louder.
>>
>>74081589
this is what people tell themselves when they buy an inferior format
>>
>>74081616
I'm lazy and I wish it wasn't true. Some albums are fucked in the mix though and there's no helping it. See: Californication.
>>
>>74081644
wait, I'm confused. I was calling vinyl an inferior format, just for the record
>>
>>74081673
I'm usually too lazy to deal with vinyl and it is inferior in many ways. If I ever pony up for a good ADC I'm gonna rip my collection and let it look pretty on a shelf.

My complaint is with the engineers, not a particular format. I have CDs that sound better than the hi-res release because of a better master.
>>
>>74081743
>I have CDs that sound better than the hi-res release because of a better master.

Well yeah, anything that's recorded digitally is going to lose something when converted to analog, no?
>>
>>74081772
No conversion, just different digital formats. 16-bit/44.1khz vs 24-bit/96khz.
>>
I don't think there's any advantage to a pure analog signal path beyond bragging rights. You wouldn't be able to tell even through audio forensics if it was recorded digitally at some point before the vinyl pressing.
>>
Some people like to own physical copies of music. Kind of like owning the original SNES with cartridges.
>>
>>74079997
the half way break is important for one's health
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.