[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 102

File: Liturgy-alt-cover_2.jpg (373KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Liturgy-alt-cover_2.jpg
373KB, 900x900px
Liturgy Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/: >>74055515
>>
File: a3390257927_10.jpg (129KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3390257927_10.jpg
129KB, 1200x1200px
1500th rating review, please leave constructive comments only!! Harassment and racism will not be tolerated!!! :))) ʕ·ᴥ· ʔ

>C418 - Minecraft - Volume Alpha
>Ambient, Impressionism, Microcosm, Cubism, Blockism, Anime Soundtrack

Undeniably a memorable and personal soundtrack for thousands of young adults and children.

This issue of the soundtrack is imbued with many small details that aren't present in the game. Swelling strings coalesce in Living Mice and Subwoofer Lullaby, futuristic underpinings flow in Moog City and Cat, and. Thirteen continues to be an eerie and memorable standout, for being one of the only darker tracks. Childlike wonder permeates Haggstrom and Cat, and sentimentality-turned-playfulness appears within songs like Mice on Venus.

There are stumbles, such as the hokey sounds of Death that use actual in-game sound effects. The last two tracks come off as hastily constructed demos, ditching the clean minimal natures for jokes. Many new interludes fail to leave an effect-- but companion tracks such as Dog and Wet Hands are able to deliver much more on the original melodies. Comparisons to Nils Frahm and earlier M83 are easy, with an overindulgence in melancholia and sunny atmospheres, gentle piano solos plus synth touches (most notably Sweden and Danny).

This could be pruned to be a nice compact piece, really. But the important tracks on here have already done their part in introducing the public to home-grown Ambient.

7-/10
>>
File: alwf.jpg (40KB, 539x360px) Image search: [Google]
alwf.jpg
40KB, 539x360px
>>74079080
>a Bill Maher-style Liberal/Progressive
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_WI5En4mQ
lul
>>
File: double_elim.jpg (1014KB, 3136x3408px) Image search: [Google]
double_elim.jpg
1014KB, 3136x3408px
tourney tiebreakers:
Accel vs. Tuco
this was close but I think I'll have to give it to Tuco. The vocal and piano performance on 'I Won't Complain' was great but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the built to spill song overall.
Mark vs. Darklands
Mark wins by a fair margin.

need recs from:
Accel
Borzoi
Benji
blapp (may or may not actually be participating, someone might have to take his place)
Darklands
FlyingIceWizard
Jimmy Jazz
Letov
Nat
Nyarlathotep
Tuco
max of about an hour long
>>
>>74081498
o shit that's right letov already recccced that live tim buckley
>>
File: Freeform Chart 8.png (94KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 8.png
94KB, 1560x720px
Tyler, the Creator - Flower Boy (2017)
>west coast hip hop, expreimental hip hop

Outside of "Yonkers", I've always really hated Tyler, so this is a really pleasant surprise. This is by no means perfect, it's incredibly scattershot, and I can't say I'm huge on the almost plastic funk sound that takes up most of this album, but Tyler has improved tremendously on all fronts. His rapping is smoother and less childish, for lack of a better word; his lyrics are infinitely more mature; and his production is immaculate, cementing his status as one of the best producers in the game. The introspective nature of the album is a huge plus as well, it's a side of Tyler that hasn't been shown before and it allows him to present himself as an infinitely more interesting artist than he was just two years ago with the awful Cherry Bomb. Like I said, not really that huge on the sound that takes up most of this album (except when it's done really well, like on "See You Again" and "911 / Mr. Lonely"), but it's an incredibly mature statement from an artist I didn't think would have something like this in him.

2.5+
>>
>>74081498
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/songs__ohia/axxess_and_ace/
>>
>>74082020
>Cherry Bomb
>awful
nah
>>
new Avey Tare is apparently not that awful.
>>
>>74082055
i beg to differ but i should probably give it a re-listen

>>74082074
its supposedly got campfire songs vibes and that's got me hyyyyped
>>
>>74080018
not gonna lie this soundtrack is still sicc even if I don't really play Minecraft anymore
>>74081498
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_tallis_scholars-peter_phillips/spem-in-alium/
>>
>>74082095
that's a very good thing.
>>
File: A Serbian Film.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
A Serbian Film.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
late af
>>
>>74081498
shiddd glad you liked it though
Really liking that losers bracket setup, I might just steal that idea

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/amon-duul-ii/yeti/

>>74082168
there didn't even need to be a soundtrack for a game like Minecraft, but the guy really nailed it
>>
>>74082074
are you implying it would most likely be awful?
>>
File: Mucore Chart.png (4MB, 2603x3400px) Image search: [Google]
Mucore Chart.png
4MB, 2603x3400px
Esbjörn Svensson Trio - Viaticum (2005)
>jazz fusion

Very much a 21st-century jazz album, sparse and brooding but far too indebted to more trendy styles of post-rock and ambient. These influences tend to make this amount to little more than 70-odd minutes of nothing, but it's 70-odd minutes of nothing with some cool textural work and some great performances. Svensson is exceptional here, very subtle but often injecting incredible life into the otherwise rather stangant album, with lots of piano runs indebted to the poppy, pleasant nature of cool jazz. Instrumentalists of this caliber could produce something much better, but this is pretty solid.

2.5+

Digable Planets - Blowout Comb (1994)
>jazz rap, east coast hip hop, conscious hip hop

The MC's are much livelier and more potent on Reachin', the instrumentals, however, are significantly improved. Reachin' is well-produced, but it's just simple poppy jazz rap at its core. This, on the other hand, is the best produced jazz rap album I've ever heard. It takes legitimate, non-gimmicky influence from jazz that works incredibly well, and most importantly, the drums bang like a mother ("Black Ego", goddamn). The MC's really are not on the top of their games, though, and some songs don't quite hit the mark. Regardless, one of the best jazz rap albums out there.

3.0+

Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4 (1984)
>progressive electronic

Around three tracks and half an hour into this album, I started to think that the first track was pretty damn cool. I honestly had no idea that so much time had passed and that I was no longer on the first track of the album, everything here flows so beautifully. Göttsching's use of repetition is never boring, this is an enthralling piece of music all the way through, and an incredibly anachronistic one at that, arguably serving as an early example of techno with it's pulsating rhythms. The guitar is out-of-place, and the middle kind of drags, neither do much to take away from this album.

3.0+
>>
File: 1357340343147.jpg (53KB, 491x370px) Image search: [Google]
1357340343147.jpg
53KB, 491x370px
Good morning /daily/!

Having a very rich breakfast before watching Twin Peaks and recording some wanks.

Good day so far.
>>
File: tournament 6.jpg (3MB, 3136x1997px) Image search: [Google]
tournament 6.jpg
3MB, 3136x1997px
ethyboy vs letov

>Murmuüre - Murmuüre
After hearing Astetica and now this I should probably look more into black metal.
9-/11

>Tatsuro Yamashita - 僕の中の少年
The overly cheesy lyrics and forced happiness end up being a bit unbearable for me
5/11

ethyboy proceeds
>>
>>74084040
inb4 transilvanyan hunger pan
>>
>>74081498
Menomena - I am the Fun Blame Monster
>>
File: EP torney.png (339KB, 1496x953px) Image search: [Google]
EP torney.png
339KB, 1496x953px
3 Spots left
>>
>>74084679
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/sudan-archives/sudan-archives/
>>
>>74084679
you missed my post! at the end of last thread
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/deerhoof/green_cosmos/
>>
>>74084679
final fantasy - spectrum, 14th century
>>
File: EP torney.png (408KB, 1496x952px) Image search: [Google]
EP torney.png
408KB, 1496x952px
all done
>>
>>74084788
ah u pulled thru for me thx comrade
>>
Music for this feel?
>>
>>74085002
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - We Real Cool
>>
>>74085002
scooter no time for chill
>>
I just listened to despacito...
Was it released this year?
Feels like I've heard it years ago.
The rhythm and "basic melody" sounds so familiar...
>>
File: 1359307982941.jpg (803KB, 2586x1943px) Image search: [Google]
1359307982941.jpg
803KB, 2586x1943px
>memeball team wins an irrelevant friendly 4-0
>gf sleeping over tonight
>stuffed with caviar and shitty ramen
>don't need to wake up early tomorrow
>new Oxbow
>mfw

also bump
>>
>>74085488
>The rhythm and "basic melody" sounds so familiar...
the magic of reggaeton....
>>
hello fuckers
>>74080018
terrible typing
>>74082020
it's actually grown on me quite a bit since first listen, it's in my top 15 if not top 10 of the year now
>>
>>74085943
this desu
>>
Gonna finish this up today. I forget what I haven't updated you on.

Impressions was fine, I've heard plenty better. Elvin Jones is the star. They just take the "India" from the Village Vanguard sessions anyway.

I generally like Panda Bear and it's interesting to see how he's grown because you can still tell he has a knack for odd and moody melodies, but his debut doesn't have any fully-formed songs. The arrangements are lacking and he didn't seem to spend much time working on cohesive melodies to my ears.

Colour Haze still sucks a little bit. Everyone that likes some of these 21st century psych rock groups I like thinks these guys can jam, and the sound is cool, but this is like if Tool pretended to jam. Not psych. Only ever worth anything when the songs are stretched out completely.

I'll do E2-E4 too.

>Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4 (1984)

I generally think it's not fair to criticize music for sounding outdated--especially if it's early electronic music. There just weren't nearly as many tones one could use in their palette compared to today, and the tone of E2-E4 sounds closer to an early Nintendo game than electronic music today. But what it makes up for in its tonal limitation is a quite rich and subtle employment of layers. There is more or less one constant loop that lays the foundation for the album upon which Manuel Göttsching adds countless percussive layers throughout and later electric guitar to highlight certain notes and emphasis to the shifting beats. It's an effect similar to some of Philip Glass' compositions in how it creates this repetitive effect without ever repeating itself.
6.5/10
>>
File: bork laser.gif (1011KB, 355x210px) Image search: [Google]
bork laser.gif
1011KB, 355x210px
>>74087038
ay yo, if you gonna have half points, why not just use a scale out of 20
>>
>>74087171
Nah not feeling it. Doesn't pack the punch of 10
>>
>>74084040
If no restrictions:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/steffen_basho_junghans/in_the_morning_twilight/
>>
File: 2017-07_July_French-1956-1986.jpg (766KB, 2098x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07_July_French-1956-1986.jpg
766KB, 2098x1280px
One last French chart for this month…

>Louis Philippe • Appointment With Venus [1986] Chamber Pop
Good opening (the only track sung in French): it let me hoping for a full Baroque Pop album (eg. XTC "Apple Venus"). But it's just a colletion of gentle twee songs with subtle (piano/acoustic guitar/violin) arrangements and almost no percussions: it's lovely but it's a snooze! This isn't colorful enough (mid-tempos only, mostly in minor mode) to really entertain me for 40 minutes.

>Cecil Leuter • Altitude 3000 [1985] Library Music
Dreamy futuristic soundscapes made on vintage synthetizers (Moogs?) by CL (a.k.a. Roger Roger). Repetitive lovely loops with a cinematic edge.

>Ghédalia Tazartès • Une éclipse totale de soleil [1984] Experimental
I survived to Basil Kirchin's "Worlds Within Worlds" so the A-side bored me.
The B-face is way better with more varied moods: destructured Can-like track slowly fused into a menacing Metal Drone; voice samples (from religious sources?) and a buzzing organ melt together, etc.
The Bonus track "Il regalo della befana - Part III" is great too. Two moods are interlaced: Tribal Ambient/Can outtake-tier, and Punk samples (from the Sex Pistols) distorted to the point to reach a pleasant chaotic Metal maëlstrom.

>Renaud • Morgane de toi… [1983] Chanson
Again, the dated production dilutes good lyrics ("Deuxième génération", "Déserteur", "Loulou"), and Renaud is odten self-caricatural ("Pochtron", "Près des auto-tamponneuses") or way too syrupy ("Morgane de toi", "En cloque"). One decent song ("Ma chanson leur a pas plu") doesn't save this insufferable, tasteless mess.

>Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine • Soleil cherche futur [1982] Chanson Rock
The bad: the voice is buried under Ska/Rock instrumentals.
The good: some striking images thanks to poetic lyrics.
>>
>>74081498
Ulver - Bergtatt
>>
>>74087610
no restrictions, added
>>
https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/888603367135748096

didnt this dude post in bandcamp threads? lmao
>>
File: IMG_2747.png (123KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2747.png
123KB, 300x338px
>>74088804
Yeah I recognize that album art. Imma listen to it

>>74087626
Are you not putting scores on this chart
>>
>>74088968
it's good but kinda like some dude rapping over the "chill beats to study to" videos
which isnt really a bad thing
>>
whomst doing the listenalong this weekend?
>>
>>74089730
>>74072097
>>
File: LetovLambDrone.jpg (1MB, 2494x1372px) Image search: [Google]
LetovLambDrone.jpg
1MB, 2494x1372px
>Nero's Day at Disenyland - From Rotting Fantasylands
>Breakcore, Happy Hardcore
It's got that same weirdly collagic and quirky confidence that batfinks has, which lamb aptly put as "Post-Zolo". I feel the same way about it as Stema Tarnyt; while the melodies stay consistent and the gross excretions of color are still here, but I'm impartial to it as a whole. It's got the sound of nightmare circus, but I don't like circuses.
Could grow on me, but I kinda doubt it.

5+/10

>Secular Works - Extra Life
>Experimental Math Rock
Actually really cool, haven't heard an album with such a flexible beat in a while. Some tracks forgo time signatures all together, and I get whipped around like a miniature roller coaster.

7+/10

>Various Artists - Cхoвaйcя
>Avant-Folk, Chamber Folk
The electric organ(?) that shows up semi-often is music is beginning to wear on me, but the expressive, almost medieval orchestras on here sure aren't. Kazma-Kazma's one track on here is surprisingly well-formed compared to the previous album I heard from them, and the soundtrack features from S. Ohrimenko following it are nice. There's more experimentation in regards to modern instrumentation as well.

Can also see why you like Иннa Блaжчyк, would listen to an album with her.

7/10
>>
>Tim Buckley - Lorca
Enjoyable? Much of this album feels like it's building to something that it never arrives at, which isn't a sin but is a bit perplexing. I feel like there's a secret resolution not included in the album, like I could listen to this 20 times and not feel familiar with it. And maybe that's fine. What's here is kind of spooky, not unpleasant, a little sinister. Definitely the most mysterious bum tickling I've heard so far. As I'm listening I want to simultaneously re-listen. wtf

Wikipedia sez "According to Larry Beckett, his songwriting partner from Tim Buckley and Goodbye and Hello, he was purposely trying to alienate fans at this point." I'll buy it, but it isn't working. If anything I'd call it much more interesting than G&H or HS, so I'm re-engaged. Joke on you, Tim.

I don't feel I've untangled this one hardly at all yet. Rewards repeated listens, for sure. I'll give it a 4.0++ for now, great both to listen to and to anticipate further listens to.
>>
>>74090633
>no discernable opinion
>4.0++
what the fuck is this bullshit
>>
File: IMG_2778.gif (51KB, 60x95px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2778.gif
51KB, 60x95px
>>74091165
I mean he did say it was bum-tickling I think that works
>>
>>74090633
>I'll give it a 4.0++ for now
Are just doing this because it's Tim Buckley?
>>
File: 1419984381611.jpg (18KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
1419984381611.jpg
18KB, 313x286px
>>74087626
Dude go outside or something
>>
>>74091165
i'll be the first to admit i'm not a good writer
>>74091224
not just because, i do really enjoy the music, in addition to being fascinated/perplexed by it.
I use +/- as "i want more like this" or "i don't want any more like this", if that helps clarify the score
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (247KB, 1159x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4201.jpg
247KB, 1159x776px
Ugh what rn
Maybe I'm not even in the mood to listen attentively to music
>>
>>74091573
what does the purple line mean
>>
>>74091600
number of listens so far without settling on a score
>>
>>74091614
>>74091600
and/or it's got a score but is currently in the four lowest and thus at risk for getting cut
>>
>>74090367
>secular works - extra life
oh boy im gonna love this
>>
File: backlog2.jpg (1MB, 3156x1988px) Image search: [Google]
backlog2.jpg
1MB, 3156x1988px
>The Conet Project - Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations
When I was younger I'd sometimes spend hours at night looking up and listening to videos with titles along the lines of "top 10 creepiest recordings", and other stuff like that.. the eerieness of recordings like these have always attracted me. I remember first coming upon a page with cockpit recordings of crashing airplanes, and being incredibly interested by it. Every recording on here is comparable with the spookiest recordings I remember hearing during my childhood, except instead of finding a good one every once in a while, it's a culmination of one after another for nearly 5 hours, that when put together as a single release, really create a unique, lingering atmosphere and aesthetic that's hard to find elsewhere.
4/5
>J.I.D - The Never Story
3.5/5
>Martin Siewert & Martin Brandlmayr - Too Beautiful to Burn
3.5/5
>Emerald Web - Whispered Visions
3/5
>Sinfonieorchester des Hessischen Rundfunks / Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks / Sinfonieorchester des Südwestfunks / Michael Gielen / Wolfgang Schubert / Ernest Bour / Liliana Poli / Barbra Ericson / Antoinette Vischer - Requiem; Lontano; Continuum
3/5
>$uicideboy$ - Radical $uicide
3/5
>Team Dresch - Personal Best
3/5
>>74080018
great soundtrack
>>
>>74091745
update: i dont really love it
>>
>>74091573
when are you doing Ascension desu
>>74091830
fuck I can't tell if I want to listen to Conet Project or not

seems to heccin' spooky to me and is p damn long
>>
>>74092099
idk, at some point. doing atdi rn which is some nice pop music
>>
File: daily.jpg (835KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
daily.jpg
835KB, 1066x1600px
>Batfinks - Stema Tarnyt
Doesn't feel like an end product but more like left-out tracks, some parts result interesting but that's just for a very small portion of the whole thing.
5-

>Lift to Experience - The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads
This is tight, I'm aware it gets monotonous (woah really? how rare for a post-rock album) but at the same time every song in here feels necesary, the music makes you forget you're listening to a christian album (before the vocals start again).
7.5+
>>
File: zzzz.jpg (206KB, 954x516px) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.jpg
206KB, 954x516px
The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
[2004]

Dense, layered pop songs. Complex enough to be worthy of having the "progressive" tag, and catchy enough to be still considered pop. The production and synths on this are amazing, there's some guitars here and there and the production is very clean, all of that is paired with certain vocals which make it all seem like a big opera and give this an air of importance.
Want to hear more from them.

Patty Waters - Sings
[1966]
First half is boring soft vocal jazz, her vocals on this side of the record actually irk me more than when she's doing the crazy stuff she's doing on the big track, the second half - a freakout where she's repeating the world black with various intensity and anger and whatever. The screaming is definitely proto-Diamanda Galas but yeah, this is the first record on this tourney that I didn't particularly enjoy.
>>
>>74092698
>This is tight
no
>>
>>74093238
Bruh you haven't heard TMR yet?
Also listen to Bitter Tea by The Fiery Furnaces, it's better than Blueberry Boat
>>
>>74093563
I've just heard frownland once because I wanted to try it while high but I wasn't feeling it, that was a long time ago so I'll see what I think about it now

Also yes I'll listen to the other furnaces records
>>
File: fran fun.png (627KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fran fun.png
627KB, 400x400px
Music innit.
>>
>>74094075
Yeah it's for sure not a weed album, too manic and anxious
>>
File: 1500420808086.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500420808086.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>74094330
music is FUN!
>>
>>74094373
That's a fat rat.
>>
>>74094373
haha what bug is this
>>
>>74094440
jerry really let himself go
>>
File: Backlog.jpg (3MB, 2223x3428px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog.jpg
3MB, 2223x3428px
>>74079755
Hello /daily/ how are guys doing? Been quite busy this week though got 'round to the following;

>A Thousand Hours - s/t. Really dense shoegaze, like Endless Grey and the increase in intensity throughout the album, nothing special though if you're into a smack of reverb then give it a try.
>Grandaddy - Last Place. This was pretty good though got somewhat banal in areas (even if there is not a lot more to experiment within rock). That's What You Get for Getting out of bed is pretty good as is This is the Part.
>Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump. Is there an album that is like the first 30 seconds of He's Simple, He's Dumb...? Because that is easily my favourite first 30 seconds of any album, its a shame the rest doesn't live up to it. Still kinda like the near-concept approach they were going for and spacey elements.
>Grandaddy - Under the Western Freeway. Its a few space rock jams that meander into not really much of anything after Laughing Stock. I appreciate the ambiance at times though it doesn't really have the same effect as the instrumentals on say Long Drive. Still pretty chill nonetheless.

>>74093238
Is a 2 good from you? What is your rating system like, really interested in that album.
>>
>>74094887
oo that's not my rating system, I'm just ranking the records, as in the two means it's the second best record i've heard on there
On a normal scale i'd give it a good 8.5/10, which means very great album
>>
>>74094887
Warning: Fiery Furnaces actually suck ass
>>
File: 1500563115128.jpg (120KB, 1024x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1500563115128.jpg
120KB, 1024x1018px
>>74095005
cool opinion there bud
>>
>>74095005
ah yes let's trust the person who includes Everything Everything's Get to Heaven in his top 32 albums
>>
File: super slut.png (851KB, 453x480px) Image search: [Google]
super slut.png
851KB, 453x480px
>>74095005
Warning: I eat ass
>>
>>74095005
lol no
>>
>>74095005
Also incest is good
>>
File: 1499627200081.gif (338KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
1499627200081.gif
338KB, 538x572px
>>74095133
>>74095034
>>74095250
>Friend rating average: 2.64
everyone else seems to think otherwise
it's nothing higher than 6, that's for sure

>>74095077
state some actual opinions about it so I can take your bait

>>74095110
:o
>>
>>74095536
it is bad
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (268KB, 1159x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4201.jpg
268KB, 1159x776px
Some uncooked onions for ya

Also, caviarr and chrigo, be aware that you're getting cut this round unless you pipe up
>>
File: a face.png (190KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
a face.png
190KB, 220x220px
>>74095604
>>74095677
How embarrassing.
>>
>>74095701
Yah I figured I'd add hints to big black, sufjan and hospice
>>
>>74095724
Sorry I just wanted to post the face because I like it a lot. It's not actually embarrassing, everybody makes mistakes and you're a great chap. Ok keep it up.
>>
>>74095767
I've have never made an mistake
>>
File: kiho personal.png (89KB, 316x197px) Image search: [Google]
kiho personal.png
89KB, 316x197px
>>74095782
This post was a mistake.
>>
File: image001.png (29KB, 129x127px) Image search: [Google]
image001.png
29KB, 129x127px
>>74095767
I like posting this face

Also this one :0
>>
>>74095815
Those are very good faces :)
>>
File: IMG_1873.jpg (149KB, 630x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1873.jpg
149KB, 630x788px
>>
they're playing Yasuaki Shimizu in this coffee shoppe, good stuff
>>
File: 1494541648838.jpg (42KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494541648838.jpg
42KB, 900x675px
>>74083340
>recording some wanks
?
>>
Anyone use FilmStruck/Criterion got recs? May even review them.

Paris, Texas was a beautiful story and all that but too slow for a dumb mofo like me
>>
The Jim O'Rourke live bootleg someone posted a week or so ago is choice btw

>>74095005
yeah they do and so does Bon Iver lmao

>>74096529
yeah yeah yeah FilmStruck is sick. You Seen Harakiri?
>>
>>74096696
On it
>>
File: duck_family.gif (27KB, 610x53px) Image search: [Google]
duck_family.gif
27KB, 610x53px
>>74096696
not wrong

(Letov posted the bootleg)
>>
>>74084040
please do not bully Tatsuro
>>
>>74090367
>would listen to an album with her
It exists!
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/inglinga/%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%B2-%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC-%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8C%D0%B5%D1%86%D0%B5/
Good luck listening to it though ;^)
>>
File: FaceApp_1500770881199.jpg (331KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1500770881199.jpg
331KB, 900x900px
>>74079755
Smile, Hunter!
>>
>>74097554
Unironically really cute
>>
>>74081498
Young Thug - Barter 6
>>
File: gufew.jpg (96KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
gufew.jpg
96KB, 960x960px
reminder
if you're sleepin on thug you deserve death and you'll get it from my hands
>>
who else /vinesauce/ tonight
>>
File: -_-.png (4MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
-_-.png
4MB, 1800x1800px
That's it for this chart. Kind of upset that I didn't get any 8/10 albums. (I did get 2 8/10 films so that's good).

I still have to give thoughts for
>Salesman
>Wake In Fright

I have an essay to write, so i'm saving up my energy for that.
>>
>>74098504
is it the charity stream thing?
>>
File: ClaudeSpeeedInfinityUltra.jpg (92KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ClaudeSpeeedInfinityUltra.jpg
92KB, 1200x1200px
really wanted to like this but it's average. Some songs on here sound like they'd belong to a dance track, while others are sorta droney noise (the kind where it's in your face but not actually hurting your ears)

>>74098504
is anything happening that is of interest and not pubg
>>
>>74098553
yes.
>>74098578
plug and plague rn.
>>
File: 1499588534767.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499588534767.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
>>74097113
(Inga was also temporarily vocalist for the long running experimental electronic group "Blemish", of which exactly one song exists on the internet for some reason)
>>
File: out.gif (234KB, 292x161px) Image search: [Google]
out.gif
234KB, 292x161px
>>74098618
>no full album EVER
damn
>>
File: 5885785.jpg (62KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
5885785.jpg
62KB, 800x800px
>>74098603
also you still got uhhh sky空 albums right
i'm curious of what enjoyment you got out of them
>>
>>74098733
oh shit yeah forgot about that.
gimme a few.
>>
>>74098733
16%
>>
File: Angrythumb.png (1MB, 615x580px) Image search: [Google]
Angrythumb.png
1MB, 615x580px
>>74098910
WHAT THE FUCK WHY DIDNT YOU SAY JERMA WAS ON HIS STREAM
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE COMBINATION
>>
>>74098910
harsh
>>
>>74098935
he just hopped on. he broke into vinny's apartment.
>>74098953
nah it's coming soon.
>>
if i can't feel like a cantaloupe i'd rather not feel at all
>>
feelin like a cantaloupe, smell like a fish
>>
>>74098733
sky空 - Discography
>Ambient, Drone, Calm
https://mega.nz/#!4lJTjRLT!fo6HQE2kaKcxiy364QEUp6eIrgwXVFv1EMl6SwbwdLQ
>>
File: BarOfSoap.jpg (20KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
BarOfSoap.jpg
20KB, 450x600px
>>74099428
Thank you very much, I will listen to them all
>>
>>74099502
welcome!
>>
>>74081498
Would you rather have something dark and edgy or something a bit more light-hearted?
>>
>>74099954
I don't really care
>>
>>74099965
TWISTED
FUCKING
PSYCHOPATH
>>
>>74099979
pshhh
nothin personnel, friend
*rates all yr 5 stars on rym 0.5*
>>
>>74099965
Smoke- another reason to fast
>>
>>74099428
>Ambient, Drone, Calm
Waste of interwebs space
I hope you feel shame
>>
>>74100030
nah.
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (2MB, 2860x2068px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
2MB, 2860x2068px
I'm so close to the end I can taste it.

>FreeTEMPO - Life
Since when does a non hip-hop producer get a whole album for themselves? Seriously, seeing all the guest features I was expecting mediocre Japanese jazz-hop/neo-soul. But nope, this is pop that's so slick I'm surprised it isn't Korean. The only other thing worth noting is that Ichiko Aoba sings in English on one of the tracks, but I haven't listen to her music so any value is lost on me.

>Max Richter - 24 Postcards in Full Colour
Yeah, it's a collection of 24 really short songs, but I still wasn't expecting the musical variety on here. Beyond your usual solo piano, there's a lot of electronic tracks, and some interesting usage of samples. They're not all great though, there are a few songs that you could tell me were made by Lullatone and I'd believe it (not to diss Lullatone though).
Of course, the whole matter boils down to the fact that the songs are so short that they don't get a chance to do much of anything. Apparently they were conceptualized as ringtones, but I feel like less than half of the songs would actually work as a ringtone; they're too subdued.

>Shipping News - Three Four
Just looking at the band's background piqued my interest: part of the Louisville scene, featuring members of and Rodan, Rachel's, and June of 44. This is actually a compilation of EPs written and recorded individually by the three band members so it's a little disjointed, but it definitely has me interested in listening to their studio albums.
3.5+
>>
>>74100045
Well then at least I feel shame for you.
I hope that'll save you from burning in hell
>>
File: 1475930818926.png (523KB, 593x620px) Image search: [Google]
1475930818926.png
523KB, 593x620px
>Someone downloads a ton of shit off your slsk
>They give most of it a bad score on RYM
>>
File: 1497550798140.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1497550798140.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>74100068
we're well beyond that point, friend.
>>
>>74100090
You will thank me when the time comes!
>>
>>74100093
rod is the number one archivist of random post-internet meme albums, when some moody bandcamp kid deletes their entire discography to look mysterious rod is often the only one who has it anymore. It's his job to cling onto it, even if it's not very good.
>>
>>74100118
I'm not saying he's wrong, but I'm saying you should pray for his poor soul
>>
>>74100118
letov gets it.

>>74100141
don't waste yr breath.
>>
File: 1500236220394.png (357KB, 657x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500236220394.png
357KB, 657x640px
>>74100141
why pray for someone who is ready to ascend into data itself
>>
>>74100147
At least you're still replying, maybe you're not so lost.
It's fun to me, why should I?
>>
>>74100180
if it's for your leisure, go ahead.
>>74100175
nah i'm on raw light energy right now.
>>
>>74100201
Fighting for a victim to turn back always brings joy to my heart
>>
>>74100141
But what if you want to listen to some vaporwave album that samples Buddhist chants and Armenian disco, but the creator deleted it all?
>>
>>74100277
(I don't know if such an album exists but if it does he probably knows about it)
>>
>>74100434
it does because i've made it but the label hasn't released it yet.
>>
File: 1474737270581.jpg (83KB, 600x641px) Image search: [Google]
1474737270581.jpg
83KB, 600x641px
kot
>>
File: Embryo, Remagined.png (1MB, 1485x813px) Image search: [Google]
Embryo, Remagined.png
1MB, 1485x813px
How's your evening going, /daily/boys?

Haven't been filling out my chart as much recently, just listening to anything I download. Pic related is making me feel to restricted, maybe it's the size of the chart that's causing that?

If any of you are willing, I'd appreciate some recommendations for music that'll help me begin appreciating music again. Something to really knock my socks off, but not necessarily loud or aggressive music.
>>
File: Freeform Chart 8.png (191KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 8.png
191KB, 1560x720px
Håkan Hellström - Känn ingen sorg för mig Göteborg (2000)
>jangle pop, indie pop

Fun and passionate German power pop. Wears a tad thin by the end, mainly due to Hellström himself being a bit of a one trick pony vocal wise, and the songs tend to have less gripping melodies, falling back a lot more into pretty non-confrontational jangle pop territory. Still, a nice, quick listen.

2.5+
>>
Mucore Chart.png
4MB, 2603x3400px
µ-Ziq - Lunatic Harness (1997)
>IDM, atmospheric drum and bass

Drum and bass is pretty much an inherently fun and rollicking genre of music, so for µ-Ziq to suck the life completely out of it is pretty impressive. There are some cool IDM moments here and there, mainly with the spooky atmosphere building, but the drum and bass is so limp and flat-out lame. A full-on ambient album from µ-Ziq would be cool, because this style definitely isn't cutting it.

2.0+
>>
>>74101840
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kronos-quartet-pat-metheny/different-trains-electric-counterpoint/

On Different Trains, vocal samples of individuals that lived through world war II, while a string quartet plays to the inherent melodies of the voice. The first movement describes uses samples of American trains, while the second movement relates the story of three holocaust survivors who traveled to camps through train. The third movement features the same survivors, following the time immediately after the war's end.

Electric Counterpoint is, well, a single performer overdubbing guitars to make Reich's typical 7 layer minimalism dip
>>
>>74102025
Appreciate it, but you didn't tell me how your evening is going.
>>
File: D.-Boon-e1416408237537.jpg (29KB, 342x357px) Image search: [Google]
D.-Boon-e1416408237537.jpg
29KB, 342x357px
>>74102042
WOMAN OF THE WORRRLLLDDD TAKE OVER
>>
>>74101840
How about Sondre Lerche- pleasure
>>
>>74101840
>music that'll help me begin appreciating music again.
have you heard of a little album called Rock Bottom
>>
>>74102171
Robert Wyatt is an absolute BOY. But yeah, shit's super good, and if you got anything like it I'll take a look as well.
>>
>>74102443
if you havent heard it beforem check out robby's album shleep too. i spent an entire week once just listening to that album on repeat, its just as special as rock bottom
>>
File: backlog 1.jpg (1MB, 2808x1640px) Image search: [Google]
backlog 1.jpg
1MB, 2808x1640px
backlog update/bump

washington phillips was dope, six organs of admittance was aight, sondre lerche was shite

wolfman up next
>>
File: SN_Pencil_340.jpg (9KB, 340x155px) Image search: [Google]
SN_Pencil_340.jpg
9KB, 340x155px
>>74102921
>sondre lerche was shite
uninstall 4chan from your computer right now
>>
File: 1452014035146.jpg (45KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
1452014035146.jpg
45KB, 500x680px
>>74103340
fucking finally
>>
File: self titled.png (355KB, 859x532px) Image search: [Google]
self titled.png
355KB, 859x532px
>>
Good morning /daily/!

King of Limbs is still underrated.
>>
>>74103899
King of Dimps
>>
>>74103918
;)
>>
>>74103938
:(
>>
File: IMG_6969.jpg (36KB, 1180x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6969.jpg
36KB, 1180x240px
>>74103943
:Y
>>
>>74101893
>german

Delet this
He's like the biggest Swedish artist in Sweden
>>
>>74101965
not his best release desu: try Aberystwyth Marine, or Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique, this one is particularly spoopy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3kJiO9iBio
>>
File: 2017-07_July_French-1956-1986.jpg (625KB, 1835x1120px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07_July_French-1956-1986.jpg
625KB, 1835x1120px
>>74087626
>Eskaton • 4 Visions
Monotonous proggy zeuhl.

>Marie et les garçons • s/t
Buttrock post-punk.

>Jacques Thollot • Cinq Hops
Cool jazzy Zeuhl with atonal shit.

>Jane Birkin • Ex fan des sixties
Arranged/written by Serge Gainsbourg. Basically, the sequel of their 1969 collaboration. Great opening (nostalgic ballad of rock dead stars of the 1960's); the rest has plenty of typical Gainsbourg tropes (puns full of innuendos, decadent piano-bar arrangements) and satisfying lyrics. The B-side is weaker. 1/2 star for the 2001 bonus tracks ("Ballade de Johnny Jane" & "Yesterday A Day"). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umv1LYRQDtE

>Cerrone • Cerrone 3: Supernature
Sounds like Daft Punk but cheesier :^)

>Kristen Noguès • Marc'h Gouez
Pretty Breton Folk with celtic harp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnqh6bTEhxk

>Malicorne • s/t
French Folk (#2,3,7,10) with medieval vibes (#1), beautiful (a capella) vocal harmonies (#8) and traditional instrumentals (#4,9) played on old stuff (épinette des Vosges, dulcimer, bouzouki, hurdy-gurdy…). They sometimes try a more modern approach with electrified guitars (#5,6) but it doesn't work as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Mrs-SbCuY
>>
ive been listening to mars volta for five hours straight
send help
>>
innuyorimillyrawh
>>
>>74106928
hydienmysok
>>
>>74107580
runinfromuhopp
>>
File: 1499395698285.jpg (67KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1499395698285.jpg
67KB, 500x650px
rec m
>>
>>74108316
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/henry_threadgill_sextet/rag__bush_and_all/
>>
File: q0h47dv9kt1z.jpg (964KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
q0h47dv9kt1z.jpg
964KB, 3024x4032px
leck m
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (2MB, 2860x2068px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
2MB, 2860x2068px
>Jneiro Jarel - Three Piece Puzzle
There's some mildly interesting things going on here, but I'm not into it. I definitely prefer the more accessible tracks on here.

>Our Broken Garden - Golden Sea
There's some nice atmospheric moments here and there, but the majority is just breathy indie pop. It's serviceable, but gets old quick.
3-

Dunno what I'm gonna do next, but I should probably try some stuff that other people have listened to. Maybe mucore or dailycore, probably listenalong catch-up.
>>
>>74108418
whats the name of this sculpture
>>
>>74108440
pepperoni pepperoni end my horrid liferoni
>>
>>74100549
if you can call a Rob Bobby can you call a Rod Doddy
>>
>>74093563
Bitter Tea messes up too much at some parts (coming from someone who LOVES Widow City exaggerated songs) but it's great too.

>>74093238
herb my nigga check Widow City next, it has a sort of plot so it'll probably feel even more operatic.

>>74095005
ok we're not friends anymore get the hell outta here
>>
>>74109089
good calls
>>
>>74109119
Where would you say Bitter Tea messes up? To me it's a lot more consistent than BB. Not sure why I haven't given Widow City a listen yet
>>
>>74109570
The first three tracks, the reprises that could be parts of the original songs and some of the reversed vocals placed on the most poppier songs for no reason.
>>
This tuesday I'm doing a 7 hour train trip from one side of northern italy to the other, and I was planning on listening to some cool new music while doing so. With me I've got a copy of Thomas Pynchon's V, spotify and unlimited internet. What are some nice records that capture the feel well?

>>74109119
will sure do, the concept looks very intriguing!
>>
>>74109607
>first three tracks
What's wrong with those
>>
Medium Rare >>74111154 Strips
>>
File: 1495851883244.png (363KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495851883244.png
363KB, 500x500px
>>74111154
woah
>>
File: LetovLambDrone.jpg (1MB, 2494x1372px) Image search: [Google]
LetovLambDrone.jpg
1MB, 2494x1372px
>David Garland - Control Songs
>Art Pop, Songwriter
this guy sounds kinda like Eric
why are some of these songs so catchy
goddamn that cover art's font is awful
he plays so many instruments
is that actually Noise and John Somebody type sampling
John Zorn, Mark Abbott, AND Meredith Monk features??
these lyrics are actually straightforward in contrast
These are songs about control. This album is very good, and underappreciated as hell.

8+/10

>Chris Weisman - Transparency
>Chamber Folk, songwriter
This starts out as sweet, subtely layered tunes with creative harmonies, but the way I was so easily led into Bicycle actually startled me. A genuine moment of "what the fuck happened here."

Kind of feels like The Beatles, minus the rock, minus the weightier instruments, plus technicality, skill, and an appreciation for quiet. Quite an honest record, and little known artist.

7/10

>Talking Heads - Live in Rome
It seems that introverts tend to make the best music for some reason. David Bryne is such an awkward man in his younger years, on-stage and in interviews. The disconnect between his voice and manner is what makes this concert so mesmerizing. A part of me wishes it was recorded in a better quality, but it isn't too much of a interference to the excellent performance.

and weymouth a qt

7/10

>Jacques Brel - Ces Gens-La
>french guy sings very pretty while orchestra supports him
These kinds of albums make me wish I was billingual. It's still a pleasure hearing concert orchestras with foreign traces and influences, especially with one able to present so many different emotions within one album.
I looked up one translation and got this:
>First, first, there’s the eldest
>The one who’s like a melon
>The one who has a big nose
>The one who doesn't know his name anymore
how do you even translate this into english song, without the simple beauty of the french language

8/10

>>74111154
Very Great
>>
Rec me a date flick /meme/

>>74111154
nice
>>
>>74111281
PLEASE DO NOT REC SALO por favor, we watched it yesterday
>>
>>74111281
first date, second date, or well known date?
>>
>>74111281
Зeлeный Cлoник
;^)
>>
>>74111319
well-known date at this point, been a month
>>74111335
We should watch Чeбypaшкa instead, that will get the juices flowing if ya know what I mean. Bitches love the orange eating fucker.
>>
Eyes Wide Shut is a pretty good date film. Y/N?
>>
>I-L-L-I-N-O-I-S
ooh that's goood
>>
>>74111532
What about Dancer in the Dark
Or the 1992 Midori animation
Or Threads
Or A Short Film About Killing
Now I'm out of ideas
>>
>>74111691
Fuck, Von Trier is actually a good idea. Maybe not Dancer but Melancholia or Antichrist will do the trick.
>>
anustart
>>
>>74109967
I remember when I took the train from Florence to Naples the damn wifi didn't work. Anyway try Maison Rose by Emmanuelle Parenin.
>>74111248
Who's the one with Brel? Letov?
>>
File: Barter 6.jpg (167KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Barter 6.jpg
167KB, 1400x1400px
holy FUCK pic related is actually fantastic
thank you jim j for showing me the light T.T

>>74108418
chuck e cheese him up i pizza him i roll him
>>
>>74112458
I'm pretty sure this line has it, been on there already twice, I also have mobile data so all's cool
I'll very happily listen to that one it looks tasty
>>
>>74112524
the lighting wont let you see it but hes actually naked in that pic
>>
>>74112458
Letov's picks are from Talking heads to Pere Ubu, lamb's are the rest
>>
>>74112524
i listened to it yesterday, wasn't a huge fan.

favorite track is probably Halftime
>>
>>74112713
Letov big boy has Brel and Huun Huur those are the best
>>
>>74112524
Dream is my jam desu
>>
Medium rare >>74114126 strips
>>
These threads are fucking stupid
>>
>>74114122
:{}
>>
>>74114122
aw fuck
>>74114163
you got it bud
>>
File: 103 listenalong Ibrahim Maalouf.png (988KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
103 listenalong Ibrahim Maalouf.png
988KB, 1732x1732px
listenalong wuuh!
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (281KB, 1159x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4201.jpg
281KB, 1159x776px
My Chemical Milk Hotel, miss me with that shit
>>
>>74114726
>My Chemical Milk Hotel
that sounds great tho unlike hospice
>>
File: doln.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
doln.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: uhh.png (1000KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
1000KB, 1732x1732px
dont forget to eat your listenalongs!
>>
>>74115096
boy you erased our good friend >>74114912

while i'm postin, confirming that MBDTF and Songs About Benis in Bagina are secured >>74114726
>>
File: 1500847965512.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1500847965512.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
lesbianese jazz
i think my editing program might have fucked the image up a lil but thats ok
>>
>>74090633
Listen to Live at the Troubadour for more essential avant-bum tickling
>>
File: IMG_0663.jpg (51KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0663.jpg
51KB, 480x480px
This album sucks.
>>
>>74115350
you dont like le obscure sufjan-y man?
>>
>>74115397
>obscure
>>
>>74115401
you probably havent heard of him :1
>>
>>74115397
Andrew Bird is literally Sufjan Stevens fwiw
>>
sleepy sunday around here >>74116296
>>
sleepy sunday around here >>74117080
>>
holy shit lmao accel i just now realized
you have put the wrong blacksheep on your chart

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/blacksheep/blacksheep/
this is the one. idk what that one on the chart is
>>
>>74115350
Wrong
>>
>>74117250
good save!
>>
>>74117250
>you wishlisted it after i recced it to rod and you didn't even realize
wow what a big idiet
>>
>>74117287
not only that, i posted a link to a DL for it in the thread a while later.
get it together mang.
>>
File: marc-romboy_3.jpg (40KB, 264x310px) Image search: [Google]
marc-romboy_3.jpg
40KB, 264x310px
>>74117250
oh thank god I didn't want to hear norwegian pop punk

I had the actual Black sheep album downloaded and everything, but your taste is so eccentric i didn't question the version on the chart
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (284KB, 1159x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4201.jpg
284KB, 1159x776px
Rough day for listening today
>>
File: Essentials Round 3 jpg.jpg (1MB, 1200x3350px) Image search: [Google]
Essentials Round 3 jpg.jpg
1MB, 1200x3350px
>>74117402
but hey look, 20 scores means the frontrunner can claim his choice for round three. Has anyone seem Huttoad in like, 2 weeks?

Round three will be anything from the whole chart.
>>
>>74118413
i wouldn't say it's "how the fuck" more like "well that's surprising"
you need to catch up on some of them bleeps that's for sure, even when a small handful of them on this chart are overrated. shit like Gas, OPN, Jon Hopkins, Boards of Canada.
>>
>>74117541
age of adz
>>
>>74118663
ah shit, didn't realise
>>
>>74118725
>>74118524
oops, deleted the posts
anyway, just the highest scorer for now, until the full thing's done
>>
Keyboard cat at 11:04?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkaiW2ZYnE
>>
>>74117541
Jackson C. Frank's s/t
>>
>>74118969
you got it bud.
did you see this? : >>74004551
>>
File: deletedoncherry.jpg (9KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
deletedoncherry.jpg
9KB, 300x298px
Holy fuck

New 5 perhaps?
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (290KB, 1159x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4201.jpg
290KB, 1159x776px
Ok probably my last update on this until Friday, short road trip for family business. Chrigo and caviarr, check in to stay in.
>>
>>74119463
You should listen to their albums anyway because they're bad and you want to get them out of the way.
>>
>>74119497
well yeah i'll listen to them but the dudes might be cut even if they aren't in the lowest scores.
>>
Mucore Chart.png
4MB, 2603x3400px
The Necks - Sex (1989)
>avant-garde jazz

Hanging Gardens goes nowhere fast with a lot of groovy finesse, this goes nowhere and takes its sweet, boring time doing that. Repetition is the Necks' bread and butter, and they usually do it really well, so I'm not really sure exactly what about this makes me find it underwhelming. It's pretty, much more pastoral, jazzy, and delicate than the anxious, drum & bass-influenced sounds of Hanging Gardens. It rarely does anything more than simply being pretty and pleasant, though, never really amounting to anything more substantial than background music. Exquisitely performed and composed background music, yet background music nonetheless.

2.5-

Dr. Dre - The Chronic (1992)
>g-funk, west coast hip hop, gangsta rap

Dre is not a good rapper, first and foremost, so one of the greatest decisions in music history is Dre's decision to put newcomer Snoop Dogg on the forefront of many of these tracks, and he does an incredible job. His stoned, immaculately chill flow works with Dre's whiny production incredibly, and most of the features are really good. Outside of Snoop, Dre's production really does steal the show. I've never really cared for the whiny g-funk sound, and it does still grate a bit here (along with the awful skits). Luckily, the drums absolutely bang and the synth melodies are remarkably mellow and just straight-up cool.

3.0-

Amon Tobin - Bricolage (1997)
>nu jazz

Suffers compared to its predecessor due to its lack of focus on drum and bass, which Tobin does so well. This is primarily moody nu jazz, which while pretty cool in small doses, gets fairly overbearing when taken as a full length, especially since Tobin doesn't exactly do much in the way of sonic variety here. There's a lot of cool spooky sample-based material that makes up the album's core, which sadly gets a tad bit old by the end of the album's run.

2.5+
>>
>>74120170
What does plus and minus mean in the scores?
>>
>>74120501
a plus means the album could come close to going up a score, a minus means it could go down a score.
>>
>>74117541
I claim Moanin'
>>74119463
cool score my dude
>>
>>74120830
sorry dude only the frontrunner gets to claim at this point
>>
>>74120170
Visions is way too close to Parable of Arable Land.
>>
>>74120863
oh wait heck ok
>>
>>74120907
But whoa that Glenn Branca was cool as fuck I'll be revisiting that for sure
>>
what's that chinese folk rock band I got recommended by someone in a different thread several months ago
>>
>>74121043
the band was mamer
>>
alright better question
what was the album of the guy with a pumpkin on his head that people said sounded like the microphones
>>
File: 1492759874649.png (501KB, 625x453px) Image search: [Google]
1492759874649.png
501KB, 625x453px
>>74120170
>Nujabes
>Better than Henry Cow

>>74121281
Savage Young Taterbug?
>>
>>74120935
hell yeah man

smash that mf meme geetars button
>>
>>74120864
tru tru

>>74121304
that nujabes album just fuckin got me man
>>
File: 3877127.jpg (68KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
3877127.jpg
68KB, 600x598px
Yup this is a 9
>>
>>74120864
le fFuhhrEEaKoUtS *raises spork*
>>
Mucore Chart.png
4MB, 2603x3400px
Derrick May - Innovator: Soundtrack for the Tenth Planet (1991)
>detroit techno

Spooky, acid-fried detroit techno. Immediately distinguishes itself from most detroit techno with it's spooky, urban ambient bases but keeps in line with the format of the genre by turning in some killer, albeit rather light and airy, grooves. This is by far at its best when it strays away from the genre's typical tropes and works a lot more with acid techno and house. May's style of detroit techno isn't as much fun as Anthony Shakir's sugar-coated take on the genre, as robotic as Juan Atkins', as minimalistic as Robert Hood's, so when he carves away his own sound he is absolutely at his best and at his most unique.

3.0-

Basic Channel - BCD-2 (2008)
>minimal techno

What to say about this that hasn't been said before? It's possibly the pinnacle of techno as a genre, taking the genre's inherent repetition to it's logical conclusion and creating something beautifully engrossing and entrancing. For a genre as typically synthetic as techno, Basic Channel's sound is just so organic and natural, like the rhythmic ebbs and flows of a factory or flowing water, and it's incredibly easy to dance along to, a facet that a lot of minimal/industrial techno producers seem to overlook. The subpar "Octaedre" almost threatens to bring the whole compilation to a screeching halt, while tracks like "Phylyps Trak" and it's closing sequel get the whole factory running again, creating some of the most hypnotic and bleary-eyed techno grooves known to man.

3.5-
>>
>>74122508
damn rite abt Basic Channel

also I probably need to relisten to that Alice Coltrane. Clearly I missed something the first time I heard it
>>
>>74122830
maybe you didn't miss anything, honestly. i could see why someone wouldn't be that into it, it's pretty aimless and meandering. to me, that's all part of the beauty, but i could see why someone wouldn't be that into it.
>>
File: Freeform Chart 8.png (270KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 8.png
270KB, 1560x720px
$uicideboy$ - Radical $uicide (2016)
>trap rap, southern hip hop

A losing combination of generic trap and discount Lil Ugly Mane white boy memphis rap. The beats are admittedly pretty solid, but the rapping is so irritatingly over the top, and even the beats tend to lose a bit of steam towards the end of the EP, even though it's only ten minutes. I'd like to dig deeper into these guys' catalogue, because the production is admittedly solid, but pretty much everything else is trash.

0.5+

Neko Case - Blacklisted (2002)
>alt-country

Quite possibly my new favorite alt-country album not released by Jason Molina. Case's beautiful, haunting voice carries every single one of these tracks. She's reminiscent of the girl group singers of yore, spindly and ghostly, still with a ridiculous amount of power and passion. The songs themselves are very good as well. The gothic aesthetic wears thin and all the songs tend to blend together, but the basic vibe of the album is so pretty and intoxicating, it plays into my country tastes perfectly.

3.0+
>>
File: morton feldman.jpg (91KB, 495x594px) Image search: [Google]
morton feldman.jpg
91KB, 495x594px
>>
>>74119243
remove perhaps and place instead definitely

also pls review or comment thoughts on all films i recc'd you i am very curious
>>
>>74120170
I never thought much of Sex (I think a lot of sex tho ha ha ha!), it's among their weaker albums. Don't expect to find anything quite like Hanging Gardens in their discography, but even the style they do on Sex is done better on other albums so yeah idk.

>>74122140
you betcha
>>
scores
>>
>>74124049
>6 on UR
hm
>>
>>74124049
>braxton
>'no sorry'

why
>>
>>74124111
I've heard it before in this formhttps://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/anthony-braxton/seven-compositions-trio-1989/
and really hated it
moreover I just don't dig Braxton's brand of free-jazz, it's comes off as so clinical, tight and sterile, which is not really what I'm looking for in free-jazz in general

>>74124101
I generally see what it's going for, like if I was listening in a different setting, like a club on ecstasy I'd be banging with the best of them, but I'm not in a club and I'm not pinging I'm listening barefoot sober in the backyard whilst it's raining, and so the repetition of it all is a bit maddening and annoying
>>
File: PA_2e_s.jpg (439KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PA_2e_s.jpg
439KB, 1000x1000px
>>74079755
https://youtu.be/FEaABPAw_t8
>>
>>74119243
i love this one a lot too but it definitely lacks replay value
>>
File: 1496195973491.jpg (51KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496195973491.jpg
51KB, 500x375px
>>74123594
>>
File: s n t drone.jpg (2MB, 2980x1940px) Image search: [Google]
s n t drone.jpg
2MB, 2980x1940px
admittedly nervous about the amount of metal on here but i trust in your taste smurmelade
also i'd heard so many of yer 5's n 4.5's trip it was hard
>>
>>74125060
>i trust in your taste smurmelade
big mistake, bud...... around here, no one's taste can be trusted
>>
>>74125060
oh jeez get ready for a Significant Difference in Scores between the two sections
>>
>>74121281
lee noble no becoming
>>
>>74109988
idk, they're just there? If the album started with the title tracks it would be a lot better.

>>74111729
>Antichrist
>date movie
huh-wow.jpg

>>74117541
THE
MOTHAFUCKIN
DESTROYER
>>
>>74117541
gimme dat Dolphy boiiiiii
>>
>>74123876
that's good, it's a really cool style it's just not done well on sex
>>
File: backlog 1.jpg (1MB, 2808x1640px) Image search: [Google]
backlog 1.jpg
1MB, 2808x1640px
also the first backlog chart is done

judee sill, connie converse and harvey milk knocked my soqs off
john frusciante did not
>>
File: backlog 2.jpg (2MB, 3479x1640px) Image search: [Google]
backlog 2.jpg
2MB, 3479x1640px
and the backlogs rebuttal; so many long albums.

i think i just like making charts
>>
>>74125974
frusciante is lame!
>>
File: feldman.jpg (103KB, 526x594px) Image search: [Google]
feldman.jpg
103KB, 526x594px
>>74125044
>>
>>74125538
>>74125449
Not takin recs ughhh >>74120863
>>
>>74125974
judee is GOAT
>>
>>74125060
>i trust in your taste
BAD decision
you might wanna replace Paco Ibáñez with something else because the big appeal of the album is the lyrics which are mostly from Spanish poems and w/o that two hours of a guy singing with a guitar and lots of clapping might not be that interesting.
And yeah if you're not into extreme metal that bottom row on my part is gonna get p& hard.
>>
>>74126639
hmm might change it then, i feel like a lot of the foreign singer/songwriter stuff might go over my head but i wanted to branch out away from jazz to stuff i wouldn't usually hear otherwise. i'll have a look thru for options when i wake up
>>74126435
>>74126171
i am glad we all share such good opinions
>>
>>74126393
Well if he doesn't choose what we said we can keep those recs right
>>
File: IMG_2790.jpg (69KB, 457x548px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2790.jpg
69KB, 457x548px
>>74126393
>4 people misread and try to recc
Your charts are actually mind
-damaging lmao
>>
>>74126763
>misread
>implying I read anything
YOU KNOW THAT NIGGAS CAN'T READ
>>
File: IMG_2505.jpg (394KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2505.jpg
394KB, 900x1200px
>>74126803
It's just like how I misread any discussion even tangentially related to Everything Everything tbqh
>>
>>74126745
Probably but I'm not tracking them rn
>>74126763
Get on my level (down here)
>>
>>74114726
What's with the red boxes around some of the albums?

>>74115228
So do you guys copy paste the chart then add your thoughts on them before adding them back?
>>
>>74127211
Those are albums I picked for those guys from their RYM >4.0s cuz they weren't responding.

And yeah that's how the listenalong image works. Sometimes people get dropped, oops.
>>
File: R-1199174-1260514324.jpeg.jpg (66KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-1199174-1260514324.jpeg.jpg
66KB, 597x600px
>>74125974
>john frusciante did not

give pic related a fair go, its the best that I've heard from him
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 540x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 540x308px
>>74127165
track this: ( )•( )
>>
>>74123633
i got rec'd a lot, and I watch pretty slow, and there are some others that I'm more interested in watching first. when I get to yours I'll let you know how I liked em
>>74124049
>european echoes
>9
correct
>>74121281
unfortunately it's actually not that good
>>
>>74125986
>listening to the meme Antheil
This is the proper restoration
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-new-palais-royale-orchestra-and-percussion-ensemble-mendelssohn-string-quartet-maurice-peress/ballet-mecanique/
>>
File: 1490262560554.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490262560554.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
>>74122140
>>
>>74129329
>>74129329
>>74129329

I need an answer so I started new bread even if bump limit is not yet reached. Go rec me music
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.