[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You realize Leave Out all to Rest is a fucking suicide note write?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 41rZ7Qc0xuL.jpg (32KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
41rZ7Qc0xuL.jpg
32KB, 500x445px
You realize Leave Out all to Rest is a fucking suicide note write?
>>
>>74075112
No shit, but who cares? Should have cared while he was still alive.
>>
>>74075308
Who says I didnt?
>>
>>74075112
Tbh, I thought that the edginess was a cathartic thing. On the other hand, constantly meditating on it in his songwriting may have really fucked him in the head.
>>
>>74075335
Chester.
>>
>>74075308
caring doesnt cure depression lol
>>
>>74075648

From memory I think he was diddled as a kid as well as treated like straight up trash. I think getting 'better' wasn't a realistic approach. He made the most of it until now.
>>
>>74076576
It does in dark moments, and everyone needs someone to listen to them, hence all the shitposters here.
>>
>>74075112
So is almost every Linkin Park song ever written
>>
>>74076629
I doesn't make any sense to me.

Why the fuck would you get married, have 6 kids, release multiple records and amass a fortune as well as a legion of fans and THEN kill yourself.

It just seems like such a selfish thing to do.

I like Chester and LP but part of me is angry with him as well.
>>
>>74076739
How is suicide selfish? What's he gained from it?
>>
>>74076775
He's no longer "suffering" by being alive. I guess that's why people do it.

It's selfish because it fucks over the people you leave behind hardcore. His wife and kids might never recover emotionally from this.
>>
>LP fans killed Chester because they trolled him about "Heavy"

haha you fucking idiots
>>
>>74075112
The Little Things Give You Away is still a legitimately amazing track.
This album gets too much shit
>>
>>74076739
Yeah, I don't think his version of sense matched up with yours or mine.

I think that going above and beyond in life made him realize that he was never going to be happy.

Sure, suicide is a selfish act but resenting people who commit or attempt suicide is arguably more so.
>>
Given up had over a minute of him screaming "put me out of my misery".
>>
>>74076739
he probably thought killing himself would be a good thing for everybody around him

he wasn't just sad, he was fucked up in the head
>>
>>74076739
>>74076839
>suicide is selfish
well memed
>>
>>74075112
I've been listening to this all day. I feel so bad. Linkin Park was a big part of my youth growing up, and I really enjoyed all their albums, even A Thousand Suns. After that though, I kind of fell out of it with them and was surprised that they were still even making music. I'd participate in all the jokes, make fun of this band just like everyone else and then when their new album came out I trashed it cause it sounded so stupid and poppy. But now that he's dead all of his songs make sense. Leave Out All The Rest, Breaking the Habit, Heavy, One More Light, I feel bad because I can relate to his feelings so much. I've been suicidal for as long as I remember and I just feel so shitty with writing off everything he wrote as 'edgy' or as a way to sell records. He clearly needed help and never got over the demons of his past.

RIP Chester, I won't ever be ashamed to like your band or any other band ever again. We're all people.
>>
>>74076892
I would argue that it is selfish when you leave behind fans and loved ones - especially young children.

>>74076883
We'll never know what was going through his head man. I really wonder how someone who seemingly has everything would consider suicide a good option.
>>
>>74076739
It makes sense to me. He tried so hard and got so far
>>
>>74076931
How is it selfish, he's dead, what did he gain from it?
>>
>>74076953
see>>74076805
>>
>>74076953
It isn't, don't participate with reddit armchair psychologists.
>>
>>74076739
It seems kinda pointless too. He got ahead in life, worked his ass off, made so many connections with so many people just to end himself. It makes me wonder if he was under drug influence when he did this.
>>
>>74076980
What's the point in ending your suffering if you can't feel the suffering end and the aftereffects?
>>
>>74077062
death is literally the definition of nothing so you'd feel the suffering end because you'd die you stupid mong
>>
>>74076892
It is something done to benefit yourself and only yourself; therefore it is selfish. Buy a dictionary before shitposting next time.
>>
>>74076696

Lol this
>>
>>74076805
So people should just be forced to live no matter what?
You're a sick human being.
>>
>>74076893
never be ashamed to like what you like. and A Thousand Suns is honestly my second favorite record by them.
>>
>>74077579
No but you have responsibilities.

How can you say think that killing yourself when you have 6 kids and a wife - not to mention legions of fans who look up to you?
>>
>>74075112
I've been listening to their music and now I get chills listening to his lyrics
>>
>>74077758
> mental illness can be rationalized

good try
>>
>>74077816
Mental illness can be treated
>>
I hope the people making jokes about their music being edgy feel stupid now.
The music was his real feelings.
>>
>>74077758
If they would expect you to keep suffering for them, they're the selfish ones.
>>
Seriously, this all feels so fucked up.

The internet, myself included, collectively relentlessly made fun of this guy for expressing the feelings that we now know were 100% genuine. Dude made legitimately catchy pop music with some heavier sounds while letting out his sincere feelings and we all just shit on him for it. jesus christ.
>>
>>74075112
Eh, their lyrics have always been that way but now that one of the band member died I bet everybody will look at it as some sort of euology. I mean, do you really think everyone agreed to record it if they knew what he was going to do? They were probably just as surprised as the rest of the world. Hindsight is 20/20
>>
>>74078328
Bro, listen to those lyrics. Critically. They are like nothing he has written. It specifically talks about him dying, in the context that he was the cause of his own death.
>>
>>74078328
>I mean, do you really think everyone agreed to record it if they knew what he was going to do?

"uuuh hey guys, i wrote these really dark depressing songs, if we record them we'll become world famous musicians and rich as fuck... btw i'll kill myself 17 years from now"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they would still go for it.
>>
>>74078641
Probably this desu
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.