[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember early 2000s rappers like Immortal technique Canibus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1144172607890.jpg (37KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1144172607890.jpg
37KB, 480x640px
Remember early 2000s rappers like
Immortal technique
Canibus
Jedi mind tricks
Talib
Blackalicious
>>
>>74072671
>Jedi mind tricks
Word.
>>
>>74072671
so glad that wave of underground woke lyrical for lyricism's sake hip-hop is over.

JMT and canibus and talib and it are trash
>>
>>74072949
alternatively called backpacker shit at the time. most of the dudes i remember who liked it were white nerds
>>
>>74072949
ya honestly hopsin did a lot for furthering the genre by showing how bad these kind of people are and people complain about people like uzi and thug but theyre innovative and pushing the genre forward.
>>
>>74072949
How is trash. Enlighten me senpai.
>>
>>74073101
they were technically *good* rappers in that they had flows and could write rhymes sure but their songs weren't really about anything. they fell in this lane of writing what were essentially battle bars with a little added wokeness about the illuminati and religion and politics on top but they were rapping over trash beats and mostly off-beat too. Talib only ever rapped one way and same with canibus, regardless of beat. Dudes generally didn't say anything of substance, especially JMT with lines like
"My style orbits round nine planets of forces
Ominous metaphorics envision a devil corpses
Lion hoarder, mad scientist slash author
Present the type of horror that boils your holy water"
This is jus allah mostly trying to spit complex bars committed to the rhyme with little substance. vague themes of planets, holy water, and how his style is so x that it'll do y thing. canibus got the same fuckin problem but worse
>>
>>74073239
to rag on canibus a bit more here's some of his "lyrical miracle" bars:
"'m an experiment gone bad
My brainwaves on an encephalograph show that I'm stark ravin' mad
Your whole scientific staff'll get killed in a nuclear blast
When I throw the Florence flask in my hand
Flammable liquids in the lab explode
And you get stabbed with all the flyin' glass
Trained to blow up commercial aircraft, trained in chemical weapons class
Just to see how long a nigga's breath'll last
I put him in a leather mask, spray his ass with a can of pepper gas
Then watch him grab his neck and gag
Watch the nigga choke to death as I laugh"

literally just bar after bar of battle bars and how he's the most lyrical nigga to ever spit and how he'll kill anyone in existence who dares to battle him like this shit is boring and samey dude is saying nothing
>>
>>74073239
Lol true I see what you're saying now
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.