[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he 'fall' on purpose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: johnnyboy.jpg (42KB, 492x500px) Image search: [Google]
johnnyboy.jpg
42KB, 492x500px
Did he 'fall' on purpose?
>>
>>74071262
of course. his fucking last name was balance
>>
>>74071262
still haven't found a band that's even remotely similar in style
>>
>>74071262
no
He was really drunk, he missed the stairs (no guardrail) and broke his neck
>>
>>74071357
>psychic tv
>>
>john balance died because he lost his balance
really makes you think
>>
>>74071408
eh I meant a contemp band that doesn't belong to the TG circle and whose members are not over 60 yet
>>
I have an old dude at my work who reminds me of John if he was in his sixties. The same disturbed look he had in his last years.
>>
>>74071357
Legendary Pink Dots
>>
>>74072683
>Experimental Rock

Coil aren't rock in the slightest, ya dweeb
>>
>>74071357
There really isn't any desu

Long shot, but check out posh isolation catalogue. Maybe not the same just musically, but definitely in terms of feels and atmosphere
>>
>>74072704
neither are Legendary Pink Dots, how about listening to the band instead of having opinions based on shitty tags you massive pleb
>>
>>74072704
> actually care more about the artificial denomination than the music itself

of course I forgot it was fucking /mu/
>>
>>74071262
Thightpaulsandra doesnt seem to know either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KquxHMQD1Z0
>>
File: 1389890185708.png (194KB, 845x2903px) Image search: [Google]
1389890185708.png
194KB, 845x2903px
>When this was recorded Jhonn Balance was falling apart. It was obvious that something needed to be done about him. And that things couldn’t continue in this way. Having already been absent on two other shows. Because of his alcohol and drug fuelled madness he was destroying more then Coil’s profits could cover. It wasn’t sure whether he would show up at all for this performance. It’s that feeling of Jhonn standing on the edge and looking down into the abyss right before he fell into it that makes this album so beautiful and terrifying at the same time
>>
>>74072683
god, they still exist ? They must be almost as old as Coil.
Last time I listened to them was in the 90s LOL
The Maria Dimension. Wasn't bad not really like Coil.
>>
File: sleazy_0161.jpg (143KB, 491x467px) Image search: [Google]
sleazy_0161.jpg
143KB, 491x467px
>>74072830
Did he do it?
>>
>>74072843
not only they exists, they keep making gr8 albums at an insane rate. Maria Dimension is probably their most straightforward album, the Chemical Playground series is amazing and Pages of Aquarius was 2016s AOTY for me.

The never sounded quite like Coil because they have their own personalities, but they shared the same interest in mixing electronics with esoteric themes and psychedelia.
when K-Spel dies they will become a cult band just like Coil now, screencap this
>>
>>74071262
There is an interview in Russian with CoH where he said: "imagine Peter hearing about the death of his beloved one who fell from the balcony like a bag of potatoes." So I think it's pretty much was an accident, but as Peter mentioned later: "it came as a shock but it didn't as a surprise, we told him for many times if he doesn't stop drinking it will kill him eventually."
>>
>>74071357
Every band has their unique flavor/signatures, some more than others.
>>
>>74073075
If only. Today too many are just generic and unoriginal copycats even in the so-called indie scene.
But its not new
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLT6hlGvr4c
>>
>>74072704
>Rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yeCtI8EoUc

what the fuck are you quoting? let me know so I never go there for music recomendations
>>
>>74071262
FEAR IS HOW I FALL
CONFUSING WHAT IS REAL
>>
>>74073255
We are discussing real music here buddy.
>>
>>74073053
I'm reading Coseys book right now, she recalls how Sleazy was devastated and felt guilty for not being able to save his soulmate.
also talks about how Geoff called her drunk almost on a daily basis just to say hi even when everyone involved in TG still hated each others guts. wasnt expecting those feels
>>
>>74073338
Could you please tell me which book?
>>
>>74072738
not uninteresting but really remined me more of Skinny Puppy side project Download probably because its so percussive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njnxjXOTLSE
>>
>>74073383
Art Sex Music
she released it last year, its a pretty heavy read but would recommend
>>
>>74073405
Reminds me of the Black Antlers era but very distantly. Not quite Coil enough
>>
>>74074655
Maybe Cyclobe is what you're looking for, but I asume you already know them
Try Scorn, anything post "Gyral", Scanner is also good
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.