[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still the best album of the decade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: a_thousand_suns_linkin_park.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
a_thousand_suns_linkin_park.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Still the best album of the decade
>>
that one track with the robotic voice creeps me out
>>
File: Kveikur_(2013)_album_cover.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kveikur_(2013)_album_cover.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>
>>74069272
that's definitely up there
v underrated
>>
Such a beautiful album.
I should really listen to it start to end again.
>>
>>74069147
UNDERRATED ALBUM
>>
>>74069147
I still haven't figured out what the fuck the album cover is supposed to be.
>>
>>74071025
I'm not sure what exactly it represents visually, but it evokes a couple of things for me. The first thing I think about is a detonation. This could be a top-down view, where the black spot is either an area hit by a bomb recently, or the shadow of a big bomb that'd be above the point you're viewing from. The light rays would represent the trail of yet more bombs being released.

Or it could be the view of someone looking upwards to a sky where an atomic bomb has exploded. The white area would then be the "symphonies of blinding light" anticipated in The Catalyst, and the black spot something that's blocking that light, although I'm not sure what could block the light of an atomic bomb, nor do I know what the rays would be.

For some reason, I associate the picture with Oppenheimer's quote, especially "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

On the other hand, the meaning is completely inverted when you look at it metaphorically. The black spot represents negativity, which is in the end enveloped by an overwhelming light or source of optimism and hope. In that sense, it's reminiscent of the warmer songs like Iridescent, The Messenger, and especially Robot Boy with its line "One day the weight of the world will give you the strength to go."
>>
>>74069147
Looking at an explosion in the sky occurring above a city.
>>
>>74071025
piercing the darkness

ez
>>
Criminally underrated, for me it's where they reached musical maturity while doing some experimental stuff.
"Waiting for the end" is a stunning song
>>
Minutes for Midnight and A Thousand Suns are amazingly underrated by LP fans and people who dislike LP act like it didn't exist
>>
Linkin Park had godawful album covers.
>>
I gave it a full listen last night. Still so incredible.

>>74071025
I wonder that too. The alternate version is a little easier to figure out, but not by much.
>>
>>74069147
Listened to it on my bus commute to college almost everyday. Didn't like it all that much but it has aged well.

>2010 was 7 years ago
>>
>>74069147
I actually appreciate it greatly. Not the best of the decade though.
>>
>>74069147
Fuck off Troll this album was terrible
>>
>>74069147
I thought it was meant to be the sun with the plants all crossing in front of it
>>
YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH YOU TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE

FUCK IT ARE YOU LISTENING
>>
>>74072619
I literally just sung that, are you le me...
>>
File: IMG-20170721-WA0005.jpg (160KB, 1280x1220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170721-WA0005.jpg
160KB, 1280x1220px
>>74072283
How about this version?
>>
>>74069147
>Still the best album of the decade
Well, it made me look further regarding music because of how bad it was and how devastated I was from my favorite band becoming shit seemingly overnight.

So, from a certain point of view, it started the era of me looking for my own music instead of just trend hopping and listening to what my friends listened to.
>>
Listening to Waiting For The End yesterday was the most painfully heartbreaking experience I've ever had with music.
>>
>>74073310
Same
>>
>>74069339
Oh for sure, I consider it top 3 Sigur Ros
>>
It's a decent album but if people start taking Linkin Park seriously I'm gonna have to leave /mu/
>>
File: mechaweebs.jpg (157KB, 343x300px) Image search: [Google]
mechaweebs.jpg
157KB, 343x300px
>>74072249
This opinion is wrong.
>>
>>74074043
A Thousand Suns had nothing laughable in it though? In fact it's the least edgy thing they've ever put out besides One More Shit.
>>
I've been trying to get people to listen to this album for years and everybody always laughed at me.
>>
>>74074043
You can start packing up then :^)
>>
>>74074250
Ok newfag
>>
>>74074315
> newfag

I am so hurt by this accusation. Pls apologize :^(
>>
>>74071997
>>74071025
>Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
dude, it's a dove
>>
Every song sounds like some sort of fucking pseudo-dance track for middle aged moms to listen to on the fucking Ellen DeGeneres show.. This album blows.
>>
A thousand suns will be /mu/core in a year or less

dubs for truth
>>
File: explosive-98646_640.png (112KB, 640x561px) Image search: [Google]
explosive-98646_640.png
112KB, 640x561px
I think it represents an explosion/detonation. The album is nuclear bomb themed as well
>>
>>74074757
You clearly didn't listen to the album at all
>>
>>74072249
I'M GLAD I'M NOT ALONE IN THIS, ANON
>>
>>74069147
>now that Chester is dead people will actually seriously discuss Linkin Parks music

seriously though for me this was linkin parks last great album. super cool change of pace for linkin park and it has so many good songs on it that are still great to this day

>Burning in the Skies
>When they Come for Me
>Robot Boy
>Wretches and Kings
>The Messenger

also iirc it was a concept album too, which i really like. im a big fan of concept albums and i dont think linkin park ever tried to do one after that.
>>
File: top1.jpg (278KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
top1.jpg
278KB, 1200x1200px
the best album of the decade is rank 1 on RYM
filters used:
>2010s
>include all genres EXCEPT: hip hop
>reminder that Blackstar is overrated because of Bowie decided to die
>picrel
>>
File: 9390542-large.jpg (13KB, 380x252px) Image search: [Google]
9390542-large.jpg
13KB, 380x252px
>>74069147
Album art reminds me of pic related
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.