[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even possible to hate this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1937.jpg (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1937.jpg
72KB, 300x300px
Is it even possible to hate this album?
>>
If you like Thrash Metal, it's the zenith of the entire genre.
>>
I really enjoy it, not only because it's the first metal album i've heard but because (imo) it's the best album Metallica ever released since now.
>>
Ride the Lightning is way better
>>
I know it's cliche to rag on the production have a love-hate relationship with the mixing. On the one hand, those buzzsaw guitars sound super edgy and dangerous and fit the tone of the album really well (theugh I hate the "happy face EQ" they inspired). The drums are super punchy; the bass drum has a great thump to it, and the snares are shrill and exhilirating.Lars actually sounds like a good drummer. Put on a good pair of headphones and it's an interesting mix.
But I still can't get over the bass. It's definitely there, you can hear it especially on the title track and on To Live Is To Die, but it lacks presence, and as a result the whole album suffers. There's no bottom end, no "thiccness" to carry the groove, so the guitars have to do the bass's job.

The actual songs themselves though? 11/10 fucking incredible.
>>
File: 1393649060349.jpg (110KB, 470x352px) Image search: [Google]
1393649060349.jpg
110KB, 470x352px
>>74069037
I agree with this nigga. If the bass wasn't fucked I'd go so far as to say it's a perfect album. Hell, probably the pinnacle of thrash at that.
>>
I was in high school when this came out, it was all you heard coming out of peoples car for a while. Stoners used to have parties just to headbang to this album.
>>
>>74069037
This so much
>>
why is lars allowed to live
>>
I'm sure you would hate it if you were Jason Newstead.
>>
>>74068399
It's one of my favorites, feel ya bruh
>>
>>74068399
Not as good as st.anger
>>
>>74069037
Remasters exist.
>>
>>74070988
If you mean the brickwalled versions, then yes. Remasters exist. But better stick to the original
>>
>>74068420
>>74068692
>>74069037
Master of Puppets is a much finer crafted album, comparatively.
>>
Lars can only play a shitty skank beat and the songs drag on for too long
most of the riffs are chugs
Rust in Peace is better
Watchtower is better if you want old prog thrash
Vektor is better if you want new prog thrash
>>74071857
MoP has like 3 good songs man
>>
>>74071925
>Watchtower is better if you want old prog thrash
>Vektor is better if you want new prog thrash
These, and I'd like to add that Heathen's Victims of Deception is literally "Metallica, but actually good": the album.
>>
This is undoubtedly their peak. For as high as the peaks are in Rust in Peace or Among the Living are, I don't feel the in between songs are as memorable as, say, Shortest Straw or Eye of the Beholder. Songs like Blackened, Justice, One, To Live is to Die, and Dyer's Eve proved them to be the reigning champions of the genre.
>>
>>74068399
Voivod beat this and every album ever made by this band in every way
>>
>>74071999
AtL is probably the weakest of the old Belladonna era albums desu yo.
>>
>>74071952
my nigger
also if you want muh gubmints lyrics and awesome drums and riffs check out Gammacide, they only have 1 LP
beware though, they have a terrible vocalist
>>
>>74072023
That sweet, sweet bait.
>>
>>74072092
It's not a bad album at all, just not on the same level of excellence as the other 3. Persistence of Time and Spreading the Disease are their best.
>>
Thrash metal? More like trash metal lol
>>
>>74072176
Got em
>>
>>74071952
So, because a band steals Metallica's signature sound that makes them "actually good"?
>>
>>74072464
Metallica never had an "original" sound to begin with (not that it even matters), what I mean is that Heathen played the same style of thrash but did it much better.
>>
>>74072551
If Metallica's sound isn't original then where did they get their sound from?
>>
>>74068399
see
>>74068692

sadly, they should've quit after 1991, they're just talentless hacks who have produced nothing of value since then

And I've seen them twice live, not gonna go see them third time. Shitty show with shitty drummer who cant keep a beat
>>
>>74072613
Venom and other NWOBHM like everyone else at the time. No one really "invented" thrash metal though, Exodus, Overkill, Artillery and many others were playing thrash in their separate local scenes.
>>
Awful mixing with non-existent bass.
Tracks overlong with no reason for riffs to be repeated as much as they are.
Hetfield's vocals only get more watered down from previous records as is the trend with the first five.
Ulrich's drumming has never been good and often makes parts that could've sounded even more powerful instead sound weak.

The true peak of thrash is either:

Coroner - Mental Vortex
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence

Depending on what you like about thrash.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.