[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2155.jpg (77KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2155.jpg
77KB, 480x480px
Albums you can't dislike but also can't like
>>
>>74068319
Why don't you like it? It was the first BoC release I really got into.
>>
>>74068319
I like it a lot, seems like it gets put down a lot because there's less tension in it than their other releases. I know I sound like a complete faggot saying it, but it's a really good album to put on in the background when smoking lmao with friends
>>
>>74068421
I really like some aspects about it, but idk desu, the tracks as a whole feel like they're missing something. Plus that I think Twoism, MHtRtC and Geogaddi are far superior. I'd rather listen to them to be honest. What do you like about it?
>>
>>74068509
I personally love the organic sound and it fits so nicely into the progression of the two previous albums. I'm a sucker for that lo-fi guitar as well.
>>
>>74068319
I feel more like that about their latest album.
>>
File: IMG_2151.jpg (294KB, 1193x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2151.jpg
294KB, 1193x1200px
911 and Boredom are good though
>>
File: campfirelayout.jpg (789KB, 1200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
campfirelayout.jpg
789KB, 1200x2400px
I love the Campfire Headphase, but I completely understand why BoC fans who love the earlier albums from the band wouldn't like it as much. The Campfire Headphase sounds a lot like the artists that were inspired by Boards of Canada, like Tycho or Freescha. While albums like MHtRtC is completely unique and unable to be replicated again.

Still, The Campfire Headphase might be my favorite Boards of Canada album. Something about it is just so appealing to, it's like going through a beautiful walk through a forest, I don't know. Farewell Fire is one of my favorite songs I've heard. It brings back the same childhood nostalgia that every other BoC album does, but in a more natural way.
>>
i dont know how you guys feel about this but i used to see it getting posted on here a lot so decided to check it out a couple days a go and was really bored listening to it. although i feel like the production is really great the vocals are really boring, and i guess it has a sort of un inspired pop/R&B sound that im too used to hearing
>>
>>74068319
I get called a pleb for this but this is my favorite BOC album. I like the rather optimistic vibe it gives off.
>>
>>74068319

It's weird, I like MHTRTC and Geogaddi more but I actually listen to THC more than either of them.
>>
>>74068920
>While albums like MHtRtC is completely unique

BOC remains one of the most overhyped bands of all time, no thanks to shitposts like this
>>
i really like to listen to the campfire headphase while playing flight simulators its good
>>
>>74070862
you could say they're over hyped on /mu/, but of all time tho?
>>
>>74071120
i mean if you dont follow the electronic music scene I guess, but yeah. ALL time, and I dont say that lightly
>>
Name more relaxing song
pro tip:[spoiler]you can't[/spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdxNGykpkrY
>>
>>74070862
post one pre-1998* album that sounds exactly like boards of canada

*and this is for helping you
>>
>>74071120
BoC, Autechre, and Aphex Twin are the big 3 for a reason.
>>
>>74071202
sent ;)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.