[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: a.jpg (36KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
36KB, 300x272px
Thoughts on this album?
>>
>>74067461
'S good.
>>
>>74067461
very good
>>
>>74067461
boring and i hate what it led to
>>
>>74067839
This.
>>
File: Idle.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
Idle.gif
2MB, 540x501px
>>74067461
Its a brilliant album and a cornerstone of the 2000's music scene in general. Unfortunately both the album and Arcade Fire tend to be downplayed and ridiculed on this board due to both being a product of the indie scene and achieving relative commercial success alongside the album's status as one of the most acclaimed of the 2000's. Don't get me wrong, you could make a valid case as to why you dislike the album or the band's music in general though you cannot deny the quality of Funeral and the emotional intensity of the record, especially towards the closing track. Keep in mind that both the artist and band have negligible influence in the indie music scene anyhow, there are few other 6/7-piece indie rock groups that combine baroque pop with U2-style stadium rock, Broken Social Scene is arguably the only other artist that can be compared to Arcade Fire and even they released their most significant album before any Arcade Fire release. Few artists have attempted to replicate what Arcade Fire has done and if anything that has helped to preserve the band's identity whether you appreciate them or not.

As for my thoughts on the album, it was one of the first albums that I listened to fully and the first "/mu/core" album that I listened to (followed by Kid A and Unknown Pleasures, respectively), whilst I can understand why some may find Win's lyricism corny and the instrumentation overbearing - the sentimentality of it and tone of the album is something that I will always come back to.
>>
I like power out a lot
>>
>>74067461
ALICE DIEEEEEEEEED
>>
>>74067954
YFIIP>funeral
>>
>>74067954
>>74068025
I agree wholeheartedly, though I'll always have a soft-spot for Funeral, and I feel the quality of You Forgot It In People declines slightly after Cause = Time.
>>
Probably the objectively best AF record, though not my personal favorite
>>
overrated hipster trash

has only a handful of decent tracks
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.