[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2010s ROCK ICON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 118.jpg (95KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
95KB, 768x1024px
Who is the iconic rock group of the 2010s?

The 50s had Elvis, the 60s had The Beatles, the 70s had Led Zeppelin, the 80s had Van Halen, the 90s had Nirvana, and the 00s had The White Stripes. Who is it now?
>>
>>74067392
Rock is dead, soz m8
>>
>>74067392
Fuck moot
>>
>>74067392
Either Tame Impala or Mac DeMarco tbhwynhab
Even tho both of those are trash
>>
>>74067479
>Mac DeMarco
Its definitely Mac demarco
>>
File: IMG_2589.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2589.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>74067392
60s velvet underground
70s pink floyd
80s sonic youth
90s radiohead
00s arcade fire
10s tame impala
>>
>>74067525
The worst tame impala record is better than the best mac record
>>
>>74067392
10s isn't over yet, the white stripes weren't that huge, definitely not decade defining with all the other bands in the 2000's
>>
>>74067392
It was either Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, or QOTSA for the '00s

As for the '10s? You're not gonna like it, but the answers is unironically Kanye West. He is the modern rockstar, and he's influenced music and culture in ways that rival the artists you just mentioned.
>>
>>74067841
Is innerspeaker better than salad days??? Yeah it is.
>>
>>74068177
Sad to say but the 00s were actually either muse or coldplay
>>
>>74068177
He doesn't play rock music...
>>
>>74067392
Idiotic list.
>>
>>74067559
All of these are barely even rock. It's all synth alt-pop with high voices sung inside of echoey bathrooms.
>>
>>74068301
guitars + drums + bass + vocals = rock
>>
>>74067424
He was just a man like us in the end Anon.
No man can be a god
>>
death gripes
>>
>>74067392
Didn't boxxy get fat?
>>
>unironically thinking it's anything besides Kendrick
>>
>>74068388
Briefly, but she lost the weight again and is suddenly gorgeous
Serously, go look
>>
>>74067392
>Van Halen
i've never hoped something is bait more
>>
>>74067421
SHut up
>>
>>74068177
You had me at Foo Fighters for 00s. They're not going to be anyone's personal top choice but I have to agree they have the broadest appeal. Muse or Coldplay guy, sure, I guess, or even Nickelback. *shudder*
But Kanye West? No no no a million times no. That is not rock. Rock is dead. Any new rock bands are not famous enough for the radio, which is the self-fulfilling prophecy feedback loop thanks to the illuminati. Go to your local bar or music festival and fresh rock can still be heard.
I really hope you faggots enjoy listening to Taylor Grift, Despashitto, and the Taintsmokers when you poor millennial fucks are in the state-run assisted living facility. It's a lifetime achievement award for eating up whatever bullshit gets air time. Okay, I'm sorry guys I know not everyone on /mu/ is one of those fucking normies but at least one of them had to have read it too.
>>
>>74068428
I'm not praising them, I'm calling them significant and iconic, which they undeniably are.
>>
>>74068398
>rap fan reading comprehension
>>
>>74068462
I strongly disagree. Foo Fighters weren't that influential, and they were always in Nirvana's shadow. I can see the argument for Arcade Fire, though
>>
>>74068469
>I'm not praising them
thank fuck for that

i'll agree that they're moderately significant but they're not iconic on the level of the other bands you named, literally no one outside of america gives a shit about them other than middle aged guitar nerds, whereas the rest (excpet maybe white stripes who shouldnt be on the list anyway) have worldwide recognition by now
>>
>>74068354
Interesting formula. I did say "barely even". They are certainly not the embodiment of all rock music they are your particular taste - some subset thereof - which perfectly embodies what I call synth alt-pop with high voiced sung inside echoey bathrooms. That was pretty off the cuff if you'd like to define it better, sure, but the point is that it isn't the embodiment of "rock".
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.