[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know any other Punk bands that have a similar sort of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Steve Jones.jpg (153KB, 686x922px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Jones.jpg
153KB, 686x922px
Anyone know any other Punk bands that have a similar sort of guitar style to Steve Jones out of the Sex Pistols? I can't put my finger on what it is, but there's something about the way he plays that I really like but don't hear as much in most other Punk bands, almost a Power Pop element in his playing, if you know what I mean.
>>
You're a dumb fuck the Sex Pistols aren't even a real damn punk band they suck ass if you're gonna be entry level at least listen to line black flag or some Stooges
>>
>>74066157
What a stupid post
>>
>>74065887
You'd probably like The Who.
>>74066157
Sorry our tastes aren't up to your standards.
>>
>>74065887

The buzzcocks had kind of a pop sound by today's standards, plus Pete Shelley was a pretty good songwriter
>>
>>74065887
listen to the Ruts first album.
>>
Why does this board love the sex pisotls?
>>
>>74068028
they don't
>>
>>74065887
Try out Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers, Dead Boys, Rich Kids, UK Subs, The Dils, Stiff Little Fingers, Leatherface, and Jawbreaker
>>
>>74068171
I never see a punk thread without multiple people claiming them to be the best punk band ever>>74068267
Jawbreaker ain't a punk band
>>
>>74068267
Oh, and The Ergs, obviously
>>
>>74068305
You're a really weak troll
>>
>>74068332
They're more of an indie rock band than anything. They're type of music might've spawned from punk but they aren't a punk band>>74068312
Oh and this "I STILLLL LOVE YOU! I'M A DORK!!" band obviously. Sure bud.
>>
File: 1395115848340.png (305KB, 495x470px) Image search: [Google]
1395115848340.png
305KB, 495x470px
>>74066157
Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>74065887

Believe it or not, early Green Day. Now that you're listening for it you'll see it.

It's too bad what they became.

>>74066157

Ignore this 16 year old, he probably hops trains on daddy's trust fund
>>
The 2 first Green Day albums, probably?
Kerplunk and whatever the other one was called.
>>
>>74065887
I do know what you mean. Can't find the quote but I heard of some producer or studio guy who said something like Steve Jones was the most consistent guitarist he'd ever heard, like a metronome.

Get right into The Jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycnWuHsly0A
>>
go to the protopunk sources:

iggy and the stooges
roxy music (first 2 albums)
pink fairies
mott the hoople (brain capers era)
>>
>>74065887
Sex Pistols are garbage.
>>
>>74065887
Angelic Upstarts
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.