[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hip Hop Scene, an inactive volcano?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

I know that this shit always gets posted on /mu/ but i feel like rap music is like an inactive volcano right now. but i see some underground lava from the post modern rap movement that could possibly make the eruption fans have been waiting for.

these rappers im talking about are sort of artsy, abstract, bebop, surreal rather than 1/3 count trap stuff. Im going to mention more YC the Cynic, Stone Rose, Amine, or Lotus Eater Evans.

Chance might fit this category but he not really underground, idk. Who would you put in this category?
>>
>>74056522
>inactive volcano

more like a volcano that erupted twenty years ago, and that hot lava is slowly cooling down. Hip-Hop is at it's highest popularity. The only way is down.
>>
You should listen to grime.
>>
File: Bitches_brew.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bitches_brew.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
>>74056567
they said the same thing about jazz
>>
>>74056522
I think it also depends on where you live and how connected to the scene you are. There are scenes in L.A., Chicago, Florida and Tennessee that seem really big. When artists you respect who are from your area/coast drop albums that get relatively successful, then to your area/scene/coast, it's blowing up.

Unless you've written out and measured specific criteria to determine whether or not something has blown up, then it's all relative. Not trying to knock your judgment, man. I think it's still legitimate and just as exciting to see it when you see it happen.
>>
>>74056647
they did and they were right
>>
>>74056599
yea, grime has been very consistent for a long time
>>
Personally i think rap has hit its peak, the teens was really the decade of rap and pop.
I was thinking that raps adoption of autotune, mumbling, and singing, while innovative for rap, but was the death of the rapper.
Why do we need rappers anymore?
Not even rappers want to be rappers.
I also think that rap has hit its end game, nowhere to go from here but backwards.
Rap is going to get stale, get replaced by EDM.
By the way i predict EDM will evolve from being just party music, get some depth, turn into IDM maybe. EDM seems at a cross roads anyways, needs to evolve, all the bro dudes arent even that into it anymore.
Needs to expand beyond the festivals and into living rooms
>>
hip hop is dead
for a while now
>>
File: stonerose_4.jpg (61KB, 750x510px) Image search: [Google]
stonerose_4.jpg
61KB, 750x510px
>>74056671
>>74056522
yea im suprised you mentioned Stone Rose and YC, they are really only known through word of mouth. and Stone dont really fit this category bc he rides the mainstream cultures dick.

a lot of these rappers have like zero internet presence because they are so stuck in the 90s erra.
>>
>>74056679
obviously white
>>
>>74056746
nah hip hop is eternal senpai like the jesus of music.

-wordless music is like Buddhist
-singin music is Jewish
-rock is like Satanism (haha no seriously)

-and rap, the music of the word is like christianity spoken by an eternal jesus.

its like a staple trope of audio expression. not just a genre
>>
File: blackjesus_orlando1.jpg (7KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
blackjesus_orlando1.jpg
7KB, 199x253px
>>74056934
hahahaha
>>
>>74056647
Jazz is not mainstream anymore you dumb cunt. Also, Jazz Fusion took over Jazz. Jazz without electrical instruments hasn't been a thing since the mid 60s
>>
Kanyes new album will totally change and influence the genre, and will be labeled the best hiphop album of all time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.