[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

Hey /mu/. Looking to get more into punk. I've listened to very little in the past. Where should I start? Post whatever you feel is relevant!

Thanks in advance. Pic mostly unrelated.
>>
Hideous Sun Demon
The Uranium Club

This youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSk5cmYw1Q
>>
>>74055264
Thanks pal
>>
>>74055092
Germs
Cro-Mags
Anti-Nowhere League
Exploited
First two Dead Kennedys albums
>>
File: covr_Jellybeans.jpg (39KB, 300x307px) Image search: [Google]
covr_Jellybeans.jpg
39KB, 300x307px
>>74055092

First start with the 77's.

A lot of faggot newjacks hate this album but it really is a good intro to where it all kind of started:

No Thanks! compilation

Also the Stooges. Then of course go listen to your Sex Pistols, Ramones, Buzzcocks, Dead Boys, Johnny Thunders, New York Dolls etc.

After that you're moving into '82. Give these household hardcores and forerunners a listen to get a good foundation:

Rhino 39
Bad Brains
The Germs
The Descendents
Black Flag
D.O.A.
T.S.O.L.
Suicidal Tendencies
The Misfits
Dead Kennedys
Reagan Youth
Circle Jerks
D.R.I.

Don't forget your lunatic British Anarchos:
Subhumans
Crass
Flux of Pink Indians
Conflict
Discharge
Amebix

Just go ahead and ignore the 90's for now. You'll explore that later.

There are other subcultures that popped up along the way. For example goth such as Siouxsie and the Banshees and the Specimen etc. etc.

Just start with the basics I listed above and the rest will follow. Get ready to go down the rabbithole
>>
File: linkin_park.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
linkin_park.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>74055092
>You're no good to me if you can't even speak
I don't want you passing out I want you sucking my dick
>>
File: dupunk.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dupunk.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
https://youtu.be/ygbmU7pq8pU
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.