[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These were genuinely good albums.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

These were genuinely good albums.
>>
>>74053795
here we go
>>
>>74053830
What? They are.
>>
>>74053795
they were. Reanimation and Collision Course were good remixes too. Doesn't change the fact everything afterwords wasn't that good and their last album was fucking terrible. Now everybodies going to pretend it was great because Chester's dead
>>
>>74053795
Hybrid Theory was there best. Meteora wasn't bad but some of the songs didn't age well.
>>
>>74053830
I remember in an interview mike said meteora's concept was ''work in progress" as in, that was the actual concept of the album.

I think back now and realize that album was half complete. half of it was good, the other half was pretty garbage. at least hybrid theory sounded like it was complete
>>
>>74053795
Jesus Christ, are we seriously doing this?
>>
>>74054091
>A Thousand Suns
>Not LP's best work
>>
>>74053795
You know they aren't and don't pretend otherwise
>>
File: 1500017487207.jpg (353KB, 1281x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1500017487207.jpg
353KB, 1281x1600px
I mean, they weren't THAT bad
>>
>>74054306
They were good.
>>
meteora is 5/10

everything else is trash
>>
I remember I sold hybrid theory to my friend in the highschool parking lot for 5 dollars because I realized they were bad two years prior
>>
not really though
>>
Meteora is a great album
Hybrid Theory is ok, but god the mastering on the album is terrible. I played it today and there is just too much loudness wars/make this sound good on FM radio-era mastering to enjoy most of it.
>>
Hybrid theory is good and I'm being generous but yeah, an enjoyable album for the most part.

Meteora is half good, a definite decline but still some great songs.

Almost everything beyond that is pure garbage however.
>>
File: chester2.jpg (417KB, 842x2000px) Image search: [Google]
chester2.jpg
417KB, 842x2000px
they had some god-tier electronic melodies/instruments. such as the beginning of crawling or numb
>>
>>74054530
Truth be told, I'd kill myself too if I had to stand that close to watsky
>>
Hybrid Theory is genuine late 90's DLC and music kino with it's own sound and vibe

Meteora is a B-Side collection of music that didn't make the cut for that album, and some kinda bad ones, and a few good good ones.

The rest is trash. Music like that only can do like 1-2 albums tops. It's like making a painting with each of your colours, and then doing it all over and over and over again.

Linkin Park should've stopped after Meteora and left it there.

Only bands like The Cure and Radiohead can work doing album after album, because they never cemented themselves in a sound or genre specifically to begin with, not really. It was more loose.

My Bloody Valentine, for example, did it right. The sound and style of music making repeats itself very quickly and easily. Isn't Anything, Loveless and MBV pretty much take it from the beginning, middle and end of where it can go.

If more bands just aimed to make 1-2 good as good fucking albums and left it there and retired to be film/vidya composers instead, music as a whole would be better.

Even more extreme, The La's. Aimed for just 1 good solid fucking album, toiled over it forever, released it, and once was done Lee Mavers retired into his comfy hidey hole in northern england.

Quit on a fucking high note.
>>
IT STARTS WITH

One rope
>>
File: 1497303067242.jpg (91KB, 862x892px) Image search: [Google]
1497303067242.jpg
91KB, 862x892px
>>74054530
>numb
>god-tier melody
>>
File: thinkcrimson.png (234KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
thinkcrimson.png
234KB, 477x480px
What was it about these albums that was so hypnotizing to us as teens?
>>
>>74053795
Hybrid theory had some genuinely good songs desu
>>
>>74053795
they are
>>
just because you liked this shit when you were 12 or whatever doesn't make linkin park good you nostalgia fag
>>
A singer an heroing doesn't make their shitty music less shitty.
>>
Peak fandom?
For me it was 2004-2006. There was a period in 2005 where I literally listened to Hybrid Theory every single day. I was like 14 btw.
>>
>>74054306
Meteora was tolerable, Hybrid Theory was complete garbage
>>
>>74054656
Self pity. Angst. Masturbation. They spoke to us in our language.
>>
>>74055531
>tfw such a loser /r9k/-tier neet that Linkin Park's lyrics are more relatable than ever
>tfw only listened to them for the melodies when I was a kid
>>
>>74055573

kek I know this feel. Never really paid attention to lyrics and meanings of their songs when I was a fan
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.