[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a non-retarded answer for refusing to go digital?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: tool-10000-days.jpg (356KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tool-10000-days.jpg
356KB, 1000x1000px
Is there a non-retarded answer for refusing to go digital?
>>
"Muh albums are supposed to be experienced as a whole. I don't want normies listening to my songs a handful at a time because my band is an otherworldly experience."
-MJK, probably
>>
Hybrid seems to make most since if you were.broight up working with tape/analogue. If only experience is digital than you have to consider the money investment that analogue gear is going to cost, plus time to learn new techinques.
>>
>>74038379
I think MJK refuses to just so you can come on /mu/ and bitch about it like the cunt you are.
>>
>>74041965
lmao edgy faggot
>>
Tool just do whatever KC do... as soon as they go digital tool will aswell
>>
>>74038379
Not really. According to Adam is just due to label trouble
>>
>>74038803
basically, he's such a pretentious douche.
>>
>>74041965
MJK pls
>>
>>74038379
Dunno but their albums are always a treat to have in physical form. That fucking 3D shit was bonkers.
>>
they sorted out the legal dispute ages ago and several technicians/other band members have come forward in recent years to say "the new tool material sounds great".

So where the fuck is the new album? Does MJK just hate the tool brand full stop?
>>
>>74044264
nice plebian response
>>
File: 1497071503306.jpg (139KB, 779x851px) Image search: [Google]
1497071503306.jpg
139KB, 779x851px
>>74038379
i love tool, but i hate that pretencious lil cock midget mjk. however i think is a matter of rights and shit
>>
>>74043785

Yeah, I read they're in the process of getting all their shit on spotify.
>>
>>74044710
To be fair that is just like something MJK would probably say
>>
>>74045340
BEERUS WTF COVER YOURSELF
>>
>>74038379
Records give you lyrics, liner notes, personnel, extra pictures and a larger picture of the album cover to look at. It's also less convenient to skip tracks because instead of pressing a button, you have to walk over to the record player and finagle with it, so it's more likely you'll listen to the entire thing. It's a more immediately-immersive experience. (Of course, you can do all this online, but I find it's slightly more tedious.) You also have to take care of your records by learning a few things about the mechanics, which increases the value of music for you.

I don't even buy records and I know this.

Sure, collecting records for a shitty record player and shitty speakers just for the aesthetic is shallow, but a significantly large minority of record collectors seem to be into it for way more than that. I've met tons of musicians who still listen to revords after decades of playing music and learning multiple instruments/genres.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.