[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did chillwave die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: chillwave1-500x333.jpg (85KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
chillwave1-500x333.jpg
85KB, 500x333px
why did chillwave die
>>
/mu/ plz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVYpHboJXcA
>>
>>74035160
because all of the artist sucked. had a couple good songs
but far as albums go chillwave had no classics. plus it came towards the end of blogger indie being the voice of whats good/bad.

the kiss of death was when the main artist moved on to trying to be actual musicians but failed.
>>
File: Neon_Indian_-_Psychic_Chasms.png (125KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Neon_Indian_-_Psychic_Chasms.png
125KB, 300x300px
>>74035369
will always be a classic in my heart
>>
>>74035389
Soundtrack to an Urban Outfitters that's going out of business.
>>
>>74035369
>but far as albums go chillwave had no classics
it's still a recent genre, but you're wrong

Washed Out - Within and Without / Life of Leisure
Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms
Memory Cassette - Call and Response
Toro Y Moy - Causers of This
>>
>>74035416
>it's still a recent genre, but you're wrong
yeah and? fucking trap is a recent genre and it already has classics (whether u dislike it or not thats up to you)

all of those have good songs. but the albums aren't classics or even good. if it was the genre wouldn't have died like it did now.
>>
>>74035440
i'm not totally sure you fully understand the concept of the word "classic"
>>
>>74035451
a work of art of recognized and established value.
>>
>>74035389
same
>>
File: google.png (18KB, 615x326px) Image search: [Google]
google.png
18KB, 615x326px
>>74035464
I love how you just googled the definition but omitted the one that involves time to fit your argument
go to bed
>>
>>74035503
>go to bed
just like chillwave did but it never woke up.
I think i will enjoy your dead genre.
>>
>>74035440
trap has produced nothing so far idiot
>>
The new Washed Out album is his best since Life of Leisure imo
>>
>>74035408
You've ever never listened tot his album or never been in an urban outfitters.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.