[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no taste in music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
I tried listening to what normies listen but I don't know if it's ironic or not.
Help me please.
I tried multiple times to explore different genres but it seems I never get "it", I think 15 year olds have a deeper understanding of music or what they like than me.
>>
literally just finding one band you enjoy one or two songs by and exploring everything they've put out is a good way to start. at this point i don't do that with every artist because most discographies aren't worth hearing in their entirety and it creates a backlog but... it's a good place to start
>>
>>74031901
Why is irony important to you? Just find music that you don't need to "get" to enjoy.
>>
It sounds like you're expecting some kind of epiphany when you finally hear the perfect song. Why don't you just listen to shit with no expectations and if you want to listen to it again when it's over, do so.
>>
>>74031925
But I just get stuck listening to the same stuff, probably now that I think about it, the only music I listened consistently were Nirvana, NiN, Pixies and The smiths.
And from those I don't like any of them anymore except NiN.
I would like to listen other genres and I'm pretty out of touch with what people listen to nowadays but I just cannot get how kanye west or drake are popular.
>>
>>74031945
>I just cannot get how kanye west or drake are popular.
i dont, get how anything is popular, i usually dont try because i think its shit.
>>
>>74031955
I don't want to be contrarian or anything but like I appreciate how pop or "party" music gets popular because it's enjoyable and easy to listen etc but some of this shit I hear nowadays I'm not sure if it even counts as music?
No one can dance to it, it's more like listening to someone reading some shit idk.
>>
File: coe.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
coe.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Man up and listen to this music
guitar masterpiece
I love radiohead but the music doesn't immediately click like this band
>>
>>74031974
Even as a teen I thought they were cringy, unless you are making fun of me.
A chick stopped talking to me recently because I told her I didn't like new radiohead albums.
>>
>>74031945
If you're on this board then why even try to get into "normie" music...? You like NiN so explore industrial, metal, post-punk, IDM, etc.
>>
>>74031971
>I don't want to be contrarian or anything
not even being contrarian, i actually cannot stand it, like im with you too, pop music from the past i can listen to, but the pop i hear lately i hate, and not because i want to seem cool or anything, i truly do not enjoy it.
>>
>>74032003
Because I want to be able to share an interest with other people in real life.
>>
>>74031994
Ur a fool. they have some of the best guitar work of our generation, the drums are also some of the best. I guess you just have to be a musician to understand good music. the guitar turns into flamenco on sidewinder on that album.
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (139KB, 2608x1620px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).png
139KB, 2608x1620px
begin here
>>
This is probably the worst thread ever
>>
>>74032029
>Because I want to be able to share an interest with other people in real life.
Forget talking about music on any substantial level with anyone who's not a musician. Choose a different topic and talk about music when the topic is brought up.
>>
File: 1500532904915s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500532904915s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>tfw you enjoy listening to normie music but don't want to admit it
>>
File: 1499632287172.jpg (49KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1499632287172.jpg
49KB, 960x638px
just start with the greeks and work your way up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.