[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DISCUSS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Was there any band after Nirvana that completely dominated and changed the culture?
>>
Green Day? Not sure, after all Nirvana was the last universally acclaimed rock band.
>>
>>74029614
nope
>>
idk if you could say "dominated" the culture, but the strokes certainly had a heavy impact on what alternative/indie rock is today
>>
>>74029633
Green Day doesn't even come close
>>
>>74029655
>the strokes
my god can you hipster retards stop pretending these overhyped rejects did anything but one extremely overhyped album.
>>
>>74029734
i mean, think they're shit all you want, but tons of indie bands and bedroom musicians cite them as an influence
>>
Twenty One Pilots
>>
>>74029614
Oldfag here. Nirvana didn't really dominate or change the culture. We thought of them as lightweights/poseurs.

They benefited greatly after the fact from a quasi-romantic 'suicide'.
>>
>>74029614
Nope. Last real rock stars. Not a bad place to end it, really.
>>
>>74029614
No.
>>
>>74030264
>We thought of them as lightweights/poseurs.
Sure you did, kiddo.
>>
Radiohead
>>
>>74030497
Radiohead hasn't had a proper hit single, and no Creep which peaked in the 70's in the US does not count.
>>
>>74029614
Grunge wasn't as big as you think it was.
It didn't change much and it certainly didn't dominate.
>>
>>74029614
Kanye West
>>
Nirvana existed at a time when new music came from the radio
their music is simple and repetitive and annoying after a while.
Radiohead would have done it if it was back then
Avenged sevenfold would have done it if it was back then

but record companies are pairing up with niggs and these bands run off entirely their own steam with little radio play
>>
Marilyn Manson, 1996-1999
>>
>>74029655
i always hear this, but what did they really do
>>
File: IMG_1032.jpg (18KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1032.jpg
18KB, 285x177px
Family Values tour they created alone sparked nu metals decade reign and gave even fringe applicants a stage. Incubus wouldn't have ever took off as well as every band ever to do that tour.
>>
File: 091015-niall-horan.jpg (927KB, 684x1092px) Image search: [Google]
091015-niall-horan.jpg
927KB, 684x1092px
>>74030209
adding onto this, they hevily built on the sounds of lo-fi teenage angst.
>>
>>74029614
Interpol?
idk
If you mean drastically change culture that doesn't mean much cause every kid around the world fucking dabs to that coon tune
>>
Migos

Seriously
>>
File: gucci-mane-first-day-out.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gucci-mane-first-day-out.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
This is going to sound like a troll, but Gucci Mane is legitimately the most influential artist of the past 25 years.
>>
>>74032125
damn, gotta admit he monopolized the media attention
glad the guy is a smart ass, didn't found anyone to take the baton
>>
Justin Bieber not even joking.
>>
>>74029614
yung lean
>>
>>74033007
Kanye kind of did.
He just did stupid shit that is so stupid that it has to be on purpose for attention, and married the biggest attention whore on earth.
>>
>>74029614
me
>>
Amy Winehouse, maybe?
>releases a couple of fine albums
>rake in big bucks, excellent press and prizes
>addicted to booze and other drugs
>die an undignified death while the whole world believes she was an uncomprehended genius on her own
>>
>>74030209
>tons of indie bands and bedroom musicians cite them as an influence
yes, BANDS found them influential, but if you go out onto the streets and ask someone if they know who the Strokes are, they'll likely have no fucking clue, but if you ask about Nirvana they'll get it, because Kurt Cobain is ingrained in culture. And we're talking about the impact on culture/society, not other musicians
>>
>>74031967
bumpy
>>
>>74031344
Your point still stands, but creep made it to the 30s on billboard
http://www.billboard.com/artist/277326/radiohead/chart
>>
>>74029614
Eminem, not a band though.
>>
>>74029614
Oasis, but only in the UK
>>
>>74032763
this. holy shit they're like an invasive species. I don't really like them, but I feel like people don't appreciate how much better their new music is.
>>
All pop music of today is "changing culture." Nirvana was pop music of the 90s, Justin Beiber is pop music of the 10's.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.