[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: disco demolition night.jpg (68KB, 619x457px) Image search: [Google]
disco demolition night.jpg
68KB, 619x457px
Was it autism?
>>
>>74029258
It's always autism
>>
>>74029258
It was apparently anti-degeneracy.
I initially thought it was just "stop liking what I don't like" autism, but it was a fear of the drug/casual sex/hedonism lifestyle being promoted to children.
>>
>>74029258
Yes. In the 1970s, people said intelligent things like, "LMAO look at those autists burning meme records."
>>
File: 5.jpg (58KB, 619x457px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
58KB, 619x457px
>>
You should fucking thank these rednecks, without their prejudice and discrimination of disco music, house music wouldn't be accidentally created.
>>
>>74029315
that's actually bullshit
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/chi-chicagodays-disco-story-story.html

>Dahl had recorded a parody of Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" with his band, Teenage Radiation. He called it "Do Ya Think I'm Disco?" The lyrics mocked a sellout yuppie who shellacked himself in disco clothes and lurked in exclusive clubs. The sound mocked Stewart, a sellout rocker who shellacked himself in leopard skin and lurked on "Solid Gold."

>If you were a Coho, that was the enemy.

>Today, that's often overlooked. "The worst thing is people calling Disco Demolition homophobic or racist," says Dahl. "It just wasn't. It's really easy to look at it historically, from this perspective, and attach all those things to it. But we weren't thinking like that."
>>
>>74029505
So according to this guy, it was just autism?
>>
>>74029258
The same should happen today but with EDM and rap
>>
>>74029595
yeah, for the guy who organized it.
No doubt the people in the bleachers were racist and homophobic losers who couldn't handle a different kind of art form populating the airwaves.
>>
It was racism and homophobia.
>>
>>74029626
What would they burn? Tablets with SoundCloud or DatPiff opened up?
>>
>>74029626
There's really no way to replicate an event of this magnitude, unfortunately.
>>
>>74029692
Yes Tumblr, everything is racism and homophobia.
>>
>>74029258
no because it was before 2000
autism didn't exist before 1995
>>
>>74029741
not everything but that clearly was.
>>
>kills harmless genre because muh real music
>rock ends up dying the following decade and stays dead until this day
>>
>>74029836
Ironically, supplanted by EDM and hip hop which are directly descended from disco.
>>
>>74029770
It had to be racism and homophobia even though there was plenty of even blacker genres that didn't get the same treatment, and nor did musical theater which is even gayer than disco?
>>
>>74029708
lol
>>
>>74030041
>nor did musical theater which is even gayer than disco?
Are you actually 12 years old?
>>
>>74030076
No, are you?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.