[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>progressive pop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: kate_1347119480.jpg (71KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
kate_1347119480.jpg
71KB, 620x620px
>progressive pop
>>
>>74021216
SOME SAAAY THAT KNOWLEDGE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU'LL NEVER HAVE
>>
>>74021216
it's pop that is influenced by progressive rock. next question
>>
>>74021216

My first and fav Kate bush album
>>
>>74021279
>Holy shit a 4th chord! So experimental!
>>
>>74021302
my second and fav
>>
Fucking garbage album
>>
>>74021302
I'm between it and Lionheart, but all of her albums are excellent.
>>
>>74021352
kys
>>
>>74021216
It a great album. Probably her best and most coolest. A must album for everyone who loves music and isn't a fagot.
>>
File: 61x27gDV2LL.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61x27gDV2LL.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>progressive pop
>>
The label 'Reddit' is thrown around here pretty casually but never has the hat fit as snugly as it does on Kate Bush's bloated head. The woman is a living, breathing representation of everything wrong with the "music* "industry.

Everything the woman touches seems intent on making stupid people feel smart. Every note, lyric and rhythm feels like a not-so-subtle nudge to make the intellectually stunted feel like they're in on some intricate evolution in the art of plot.

The sad truth is that Bush is indeed a genius. Not a musical genius, but a genius at pulling the wool over the eyes of the stupid, ignorant and uncultured swine that currently shovel money into the pigsties of the Industry.

Christ have mercy on music's legacy if this woman is to be inducted within its great halls.

*I shudder to use the word 'music' in the same paragraph as the name 'Bush' but it is unavoidable in this case.
>>
>>74023924
Nice copypasta dude
>>
>>74021371
I agree somewhat. Lionheart was a rushed album but is was by no means bad. I find some of the songs to be quite underrated.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
>>74022972
The Original Soundtrack [Mercury, 1975]
Is it supposed to be a parody to make your imitation movie mush more unbearable than any real thing, or just expert musicianship? And stretching your only decent melody (a nonsatirical love song) over six tedious minutes, is that a joke? And who is the butt of "Une Nuit A Paris," the dumb yank or the greedy frog? Cor, or do I mean blimey, most of this wouldn't last long enough to close Saturday night. D+
>>
Kate Bush was certainly an influential and intelligent figure, but was also a typical compromise of the 1970s, only half-heartedly experimental, continuously flirting with the pop charts. She helped redefine the singer-songwriter in the era of the new wave, but then the new wave had already made that figure obsolete. Her main contributions were in the vocal department: a four-octave range that mauled folk, opera and world-music, often in a shrill register halfway between a childish scream and a soprano howl. Her arrangements were not as revolutionary as advertised, borrowing as they did from Joni Mitchell and Peter Gabriel, but they did introduce electronics into a folk-rock format and crafted claustrophobic atmospheres
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.