[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes cLOUDDEAD good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (160KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
160KB, 1000x1000px
/mu/ seems to love this album, but I couldn't really get into it.
>>
It almost perfectly emulates what being in an odd dream feels like. Also it sounds like no hip hop album before or since.
>>
>>74017270
Yeah me either. It's really hyped up.
>>
The beats are BoC-ish and the lyrical and vocal delivery are unique for hip-hop, to say the least.
>>
>>74017270
It's definitely not for everyone but like that one anon said it has such an odd and unique atmosphere to it if that's something that you enjoy.
>>
Nothing since they aren't good.
>>
Lyrics: 1.0
Beats: 1.0

I never got it and I never will. By far the most famous Anticon release and by far their worst. It's like the worst of everything you could possibly imagine from the crew all combined into one. Atmospheric production that's better at putting you to sleep than anything else, absolutely no instance of a banging moment in the entire 70+ minutes and with pseudo-intellectual ramblings from Dose One and company. It's not that I'm against experimentation and innovation in hip hop, but this is clearly an example that when everything goes wrong with it. I don't necessarily want hip hop to stay pigeon-holed into its "normal" sound, expanding the limits of the genre is normallly good, but in this case it's like it's losing everything that made hip hop good in the first place. You know, beats, rhythm, fun... Some say this works better as an ambient album which I guess is true, but then again why the need to add the hip hop elements to it? There's just absolutely nothing that I like in this, it's just awful in every aspect. Thankfully hip hop experimentation moved in another direction as this is/was just plain wack.
>>
Treat it like a movie. I once was told by a friend that he didn't like it because the songs had no traditional and separated structure, despite being a big movie fan. If you just lay down on your bed, close your eyes and listen to it with headphones it makes much more sense. The same as you would sit down 2 hours for a movie, treat it like one big piece.
>>
>>74017418
>>74017831
>>74017862
I bet you like Young Thugg.
>>
>>74017270
>>74017418
>>74017937
It's good but too hyped up.
It has nice comfy ambient beats, the delivery is really nice and subtle, so it's a very chill album that people enjoy.
For some reason they think that this makes it a masterpiece of modern music which is pretty immature
>>
>>74017937
It's a pasta, it's one of my favorite albums
>>
>>74017270
It functions much better as an ambient experience. It'd make just an alright album as strictly hip hop, but its focus is much more sonic along with the beats and flow and abstract sound/lyrics. Don't listen as you would your run of the mill hip hop album.
>>
>>74017270
jacking off to the album with fistfuls of ruffles potato chips and hot sauce for lube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqrtoFWglMY

>favorite actor dennehy
of course
>FUCK YOU
>>
>>74017951
>says shit like "It has nice comfy ambient beats, the delivery is really nice and subtle, so it's a very chill album that people enjoy."
>calls anyone immature
>>
>>74018000
Checked
>>
>its mcdonalds vs a handful of dry seamonkeys waving the wet sponge face smack domino vampire infection MARK

>two women walk up to a penny one said oh look a penny the other said oh its a lucky one and then the one goes no it isnt and they both walk off

>i havent been able to kiss a woman with an open mouth cuz im afraid that id split her lip, is that sick?

real fuckin lyrical miracles
>>
File: R-2975101-1309963247.jpeg.jpg (79KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
R-2975101-1309963247.jpeg.jpg
79KB, 600x597px
>>74017270
This was better
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.