[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /mu/ likes vocal jazz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Laughing Stock.jpg (613KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Stock.jpg
613KB, 1000x1000px
does /mu/ likes vocal jazz?
>>
this is one of my favorite albums
I don't think you can call this vocal-jazz, it got a lot of layers, some random effects, some synths...
>>
Yes but that isn't vocal jazz.
I wish there was more post-rock in the vein of Talk Talk, Bark Psychosis and Tortiose. Aside from the focus on texture, it has next to nothing in common with Sigur Ros or GYBE.
>>
>>74016524
try can - future days
>>
>>74016524
If you don't listen to all waves of post-rock, you're a turbopleb and a drone
>>
>>74016553
>what is reading comprehension
Never said I didn't like that side of post-rock.
>>74016546
Already done my man
>>
>>74016524
they weren't a rock band in the first place, and their "post-rock" albums had nothing to do with rock
>>
>>74016608
low - i could live in hope?
>>
genuine 10/10 album
>>
>>74016630
This sounds pretty good. Any other recs? No-Man - Returning Jesus definitely has a Laughing Stock-vibe and Mark Hollis has his s/t.
>>
>>74016848
not him but slowcore in general is a good place to start, I find there are more similarities with talk talk there than there are in what became of post-rock

some other albums:
the for carnation - s/t
slowdive - pygmalion
storm corrosion - s/t (guessing you've heard that if you like no-man)

the for carnation has members of slint but the music is much more in line with talk talk. also some tracks off a moon shaped pool and jonny greenwood's bodysong

I know guy garvey from elbow likes talk talk a lot as well. the influence isn't that evident because the songs are much more traditionally structured but the dynamics are there on their early albums
>>
>>74016934
All good shit, but it's rare for these sort of bands to display the same classical/jazz influence that the early post-rock stuff had. Maybe I'm just picky.
>>
>>74016391
Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden contain some 10/10 tracks. Probably the next best texture based album after Loveless. The layering (especially on Laughing Stock) is so well done with regard to how they seamlessly they blend into one another to the point where it becomes difficult to discern what instrument you're hearing. The way the warbling reversed samples phase in and out of tracks ever so slightly. Makes you wonder if you're actually hearing them or just imagining it. Like gazing at a thick fog and watching shadowy silhouettes slowly emerge and vanish.
>>
>>74016391
Not vocal jazz i guess but idk if you were serious but i will say that this one of those mu albums that jazz musicians really like in general. A lot of us also like the first nick drake record and Kid A
>>
>>74016391
you meant ecm style jazz, idiot
>>
>>74017381
>display the same classical/jazz influence that the early post-rock stuff had
there's definitely plenty of that in the for carnation and storm corrosion. not that there was really a homogeneous early post-rock scene, all that stuff was grouped together retroactively
>>
>>74016391
OK fine I will listen to this album it better be GOOD
>>
>>74018333
>Keith Jarrettcore
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.