[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you guys buy instruments online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
What's best
Craigslist
EBay
Reverb
Local music store
>>
Objectively best to worst

>local music shop
>craigslist
>ebay
>reverb

Unless you're looking for quick convenience then reverse the list.
>>
>>74013763
>>local music shop

The only fucking correct answer unless you're a hick and too lazy to drive to your nearest town then whatever the internet throws at you.
>>
>>74015051
I don't have a licence, asshole
>>
>>74015051
all my local music shops are guitar centers, or band/orchestra music stores. the occasional piano store. basically just guitar center for rock & roll instruments

so FUCK THAT
craigslist it is
>>
How bad is guitar center? I'm a novice player and they always are really attentive but they could just be spewing bullshit and the prices seem higher than reverb/elsewhere online
>>
>>74013636
Musicians Friend
American Musical.com
Sweetwater
Zzounds.com
Sam Ash.com
Woodwind and Brasswind
>>
>>74015493
its not terrible but the high demand and pricing model of guitar center really drove a lot of quality instrument makers out of business. Basically rule of thumb is that if it's being sold at guitar center, its mass produced and not premium handmade quality.

pushy salespeople too, and not very knowledgable. last time I went in I bought bass strings and checked out keyboards, but since I bought bass strings first, the bass guitar salesperson insisted on being my salesperson throughout the whole store (working commission probably) and actually knew nothing of the other products I wanted to check out. It was so annoying I almost checked out with the bass strings by themselves so that bitch would leave me alone
>>
Would you guys purchase a MIA strat online to get a great price? How do you reconcile not being able to play it before you buy?
>>
>>74015811
Yes, and I have, just make sure there is a return policy that is favorable to both parties i.e. no restocking fee. MIA's are unusually good straight out of the box. I've not had a problem. Now, these were new from the factory or open box returns. Your experience probably won't be the same on used.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.