[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with Rush?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Want to start checking out Rush's catalogue but don't know where to start, only that they get high praise from Primus and Mastodon so they must be worth giving a go. What Rush album or individual songs would you recommend for someone who primarily listens to metal to get into them?
>>
You don't.
>>
Chronologically, its' the only whay.
>>
>>74001478
First off, Mastodon is garbage. If you actually like those faggots, you probably won't like anything that's actually good.

Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, 2112, and Hemispheres is the optimal order if you were to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_6dkzL4VS4
>>
>>74001478
Rush is dog shit
>>
>>74001541
If it weren't for people like you the universe would be a boring place so, thank you for having shit taste.
>>
Don't. They are not worth your time.
>>
>>74001835
Thank you for the entertainment.
>>
>>74001478
Rush are fucking awful.
>>
>>74001478
Tom Sawyer, YYZ are the most popular songs... also try La Villa Strangiato and The Spirit of Radio the rest of it can be boring if you like metal. I wouldn't recommend you a full album, to be honest, even tho I like them.
>>
>>74001478
DAHNALD
>>
>>74001478
you only need to listen to 2112. don't listen to anything else
>>
>>74001536
Hemispheres first is more optimal
>>
>>74001835
Wow solid opinion buddy
>>
>>74001478
Counterparts
>>
>>74001478
Chronologically, of course, being serious
>>
File: IMG_2123.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2123.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
A lot of their early stuff is dog shit so don't start chronically. Hempshsiere is when they start getting proggy. Im not even the biggest wankry prog rock fan but pic related is really good and made me listen to other greatness prog records too.

Eventually I stopped my prog binge/phase when I started entering dream teacher and genusis and eventually.... djent (ptsd kicks in)
>>
>>74001478
Now with Rush you have two very distinctive different styles to their music.
(Excluding maybe their first album since they didnt really have that Rush identity worked in so much. Still a great album though and worth a listen in my opinion)

You have their full-on prog sound and their more hard-rock style.

Some songs are a bit of a blend of both, but usually its either a prog style or a hard rock style. (Some songs I will admit mix a bit of other genre in like Workin man has a bit of reggae mixed in, but usually you can tell from the start what sort of Rush song you are going to get)

I personally think their hard-rock style is better than their prog style. So shoot me on that. But I'd rather listen to Manhattan Project or Workin them Angels over Cygnus X1 any day of the week.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.