[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on Selling Vinyl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ThickAsABrick25thAnniv.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ThickAsABrick25thAnniv.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
So I've decided I have way more records than I have room for and I'm not really interested in buying more. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the resurgence in vinyl's popularity and selling some things off before this bubble bursts. So does anyone here have any advice/experience with selling vinyl? Should I even bother trying to sell them to used record stores or are they going to insist on paying me $2.00 for a record they know is worth $40? I know I'm not going to make a killing, I just don't want to get gypped.

Note: I'm not interested in taking any offers here, I just want to have a discussion.
>>
>>73995053
obscure albums=sell for less
The more well known=sell for higher
Look at ebay's prices. What's the highest someone is selling an album for? What's the lowest? I'll use pic related as an example.
On average I see it being sold for roughly 50-60 bucks, with a few 10 and 20 dollar ones in there. I'd safely start at 30-45 dollars depending on how adventurous you are. If it doesn't sell, pop it down to 25, if not then to 20 or 15. If you can't sell it there, ask around local shops and see. If they give above $4 for it, take it. Hopes this helps a little. Remember a motto, buy it for quarter, sell it for a dollar.
>>
>>73995175
Thanks. That is one of the albums I'm thinking about selling along with some others that could be considered "iconic." I got a lot of these albums pretty cheap from an acquaintance who was moving and just needed to get rid of a lot of stuff, so it wouldn't take a lot to make a profit. But I would like to make a decent buck if I can. I have some stuff by a lot of classic rock bands that should sell: Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, Beach Boys, etc. Having these albums used to be the stuff of my dreams, but now all this physical media is really weighing me down.
>>
I sell records all the time on ebay. Never make as much as I would like and often takes a long time. Gets frustrating sometimes, It's a lot better than trying to sell to local record stores, they won't give you shit.
>>
File: led-zeppelin-1-front-k40031.jpg (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
led-zeppelin-1-front-k40031.jpg
55KB, 300x300px
>>73995385
Yeah, I figured as much about the local stores. I'm just really hesitant about ebay in terms of accurately grading the condition of the item, making sure the buyer is satisfied, etc. I wonder if it would be worth my time to try selling on Craigslist. I have some stuff like pic related that somebody would probably grab somebody's attention. There's bound to be some rarer, more obscure stuff in my collection that's worth something, but I think I would have more success marketing to nostalgia buyers.

I also have Led Zeppelin II, so maybe I could sell them as a unit.
>>
>>73995053

Things were a bit better 2-3 years ago i was able to sell a lot of classic rock...I think things are coasting now & the bubble will go soon...
>>
>>73995463
Classic rock is never worth as much as you'd think. Popular records like that are very common, you'll probably get about $10 if decent condition. Selling in bulk would make it much less. And the only way you'd be able to sell them is in bulk on craigslist.
>>
>>73995516
>Popular records like that are very common, you'll probably get about $10 if decent condition.

That would actually be fine with me. I bought it for maybe a dollar if I were to go back and figure it all up. I bought them in bulk :)
>>
but why would you sell Thick as a Brick vinyl, the full newspaper is awesome. also sometimes you can sell for more on Amazon, to retards to dumb to check discogs or otherwise
>>
>>73995552
I might not actually want to sell that one, but it's a good example of the kind of albums I'm talking about. There's definitely some stuff in the collection that people make a big deal about on /mu/ like pic related.
>>
>>73995548
I'm in the same situation, I use to buy classic rock records for $1 at flea markets and thrift stores and now stuck with tons of stuff I don't want. I'm selling them slowly on ebay but not getting much. Put a listing of a few albums "lot" though and it will be much more popular and make more.
>>
>>73995645
I keep getting excited by these discogs estimates, but I know I'm going to have to be prepared or disappointment.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.